Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
8 wins from the final 11 games 10:46 - Mar 4 with 3283 viewsNazemariner

Do we think that will be good enogh to see us into the play offs?
8 wins from the final 11 games on 10:47 - Mar 4 with 2259 viewsBlueBadger

Maybe.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

8 wins from the final 11 games on 10:51 - Mar 4 with 2231 viewsjayessess

I dunno, but if we do it we should be proud of the effort anyway.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

8 wins from the final 11 games on 10:52 - Mar 4 with 2223 viewsTractorCam

I'd imagine so, i'd say we need at least 7 minimum to have a shot.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

8 wins from the final 11 games on 10:54 - Mar 4 with 2178 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

8 wins should be enough, even if the other 3 are defeats. There’s probably a few nightmare scenarios where it isn’t (which would include those 3 defeats being the wrong 3 games) but 77 would be a seriously high mark to get in the playoffs

The bigger problem is that we need 8 wins from 11 (and 7 probably won’t cut it with 3/4 draws) which is a massive ask, if only we’d binned off Cook a bit sooner

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

8 wins from the final 11 games on 10:55 - Mar 4 with 2205 viewsclive_baker

Probably but it's highly unlikely to happen.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lets find a scoring formula, win the next three and see where we are (n/t) on 10:55 - Mar 4 with 2195 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

8 wins from the final 11 games on 11:00 - Mar 4 with 2176 viewsLankHenners

If we do that and it doesn't then it might make some people wake up at last to how far off it we were under Cook.

It's going to be a high bar to clear in terms of points for 6th place this year and have thought for a while the optimistic mapping out of how we reach 75 points has been in vain.

To directly answer the OP, we probably need to do exactly that to stand a chance, with a couple of other teams dropping a few points in the meantime. It would be surprising if anything less gets us in there.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lets find a scoring formula, win the next three and see where we are (n/t) on 11:05 - Mar 4 with 2147 viewsclive_baker

Lets find a scoring formula, win the next three and see where we are (n/t) on 10:55 - Mar 4 by unstableblue

For me we needed 8 wins from 13 after beating Burton, which was tough but possible. 8 from 11 is that bit too much, it gives us next to no margin for error. We really need to be beating sides like Cheltenham and Morecambe at this level regardless of the scenario, neither are particularly good sides.

We've averaged 2 ppg since KM came in which is good, I think if we maintain that until the end of the season it perhaps won't see us to the top 6, but it will see us to 75 points which would give us reasons to believe next season can bring some joy.

Login to get fewer ads

8 wins from the final 11 games on 11:19 - Mar 4 with 2104 viewsStrimmer

Probably not but thats ok cos I reckon we'll win 9 :P

Poll: Was it a punch?

Lets find a scoring formula, win the next three and see where we are (n/t) on 11:21 - Mar 4 with 2096 viewsunstableblue

Lets find a scoring formula, win the next three and see where we are (n/t) on 11:05 - Mar 4 by clive_baker

For me we needed 8 wins from 13 after beating Burton, which was tough but possible. 8 from 11 is that bit too much, it gives us next to no margin for error. We really need to be beating sides like Cheltenham and Morecambe at this level regardless of the scenario, neither are particularly good sides.

We've averaged 2 ppg since KM came in which is good, I think if we maintain that until the end of the season it perhaps won't see us to the top 6, but it will see us to 75 points which would give us reasons to believe next season can bring some joy.

To be fair to cheltenham v morecombe they knew that Town under McKenna are a strong outfit, and indeed we played some fantastic football, but they were drilled and fired up and sat very deep on us. And we just didn't take the chances.

We've been hampered by Bonne and Norwood form, big time. He needs to perhaps settle on Chaplin, Celina, Jackson

Just need to get the elusive 3 wins on the bounce, and that needs goals

Sadly look at the fixtures for our rivals over Saturday and Tuesday and I can't see us gaining ground even if we win...

BUT, if we win the next three that would 2.2 PPG since McKenna came in. MUST WIN GAMES AHEAD!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

8 wins from the final 11 games on 11:28 - Mar 4 with 2061 viewspositivity

if we draw the other 3, then sure!

when did we last put a run like that together?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

8 wins from the final 11 games on 11:35 - Mar 4 with 2041 viewsNazemariner

General concencus is that 8 wins would be enough, but that 8 wins is never going to happen.
8 wins from the final 11 games on 11:38 - Mar 4 with 2018 viewspointofblue

To win, we need to be able to convert chances. That’s the problem at the moment.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

8 wins from the final 11 games on 11:42 - Mar 4 with 2003 viewspositivity

8 wins from the final 11 games on 11:38 - Mar 4 by pointofblue

To win, we need to be able to convert chances. That’s the problem at the moment.

we need skuse back

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

8 wins from the final 11 games on 12:00 - Mar 4 with 1961 viewsFtnfwest

Have always been thinking that 76 is a reasonable target given were we were which would be 7 wins 2 draws 2 defeats and is exactly the record McK had i his first 11 games. May need more ultimately but realistically i think that will have to do. However first things first, need to beat Fleetwood.
8 wins from the final 11 games on 12:52 - Mar 4 with 1845 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, might need a draw on top of that but 24+ is what should get us there

According to the stat website - 8 wins and 3 defeats gives us a 48% chance of top 6

8 wins and a draw gives us a 69% chance

8 wins and 2 draws - 85% chance

8 wins and 3 draws - 94% chance

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

8 wins from the final 11 games on 12:55 - Mar 4 with 1830 viewsbobbyramsey

8 wins from the final 11 games on 11:35 - Mar 4 by Nazemariner

General concencus is that 8 wins would be enough, but that 8 wins is never going to happen.

If we can't score goals we wont win games......
8 wins from the final 11 games on 12:56 - Mar 4 with 1826 viewsVic

8 wins from the final 11 games on 12:52 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

According to the stat website - 8 wins and 3 defeats gives us a 48% chance of top 6

Ain't gonna happen!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

8 wins from the final 11 games on 13:01 - Mar 4 with 1816 viewstextbackup

If we do it, and it’s still not enough, then so be it.

But my god what an effort by KMc and his team

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

8 wins from the final 11 games on 13:04 - Mar 4 with 1809 viewstextbackup

8 wins from the final 11 games on 12:52 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

I’ll take the 8 wins and a draw option, because I’m childish

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

8 wins from the final 11 games on 13:13 - Mar 4 with 1785 viewsclive_baker

8 wins from the final 11 games on 13:01 - Mar 4 by textbackup

If we do it, and it’s still not enough, then so be it.

But my god what an effort by KMc and his team

Pre KM:

Played:23
PPG: 1.26

Since KM:

P:12
PPG: 2.00

As you say, regardless of where it leaves us, if KM can keep up this PPG it's very encouraging for next season. Extrapolate these 12 games over a season and it's 92 points and <20 goals conceded all season. It's been so much better, and you have to think with a summer transfer window and full pre season to tweak and get his ideas across we do look to be in safe hands.

We shouldn't forget that we were 10 points off 6th when he joined, 13 off 5th AND everyone had a game in hand, with exactly half a season left. That's the equivalent of starting a season on about -22 points with no pre season to get your ideas across and expecting top 6. We're on an upward trajectory, we can all play our part in keeping it going and shouldn't be too disheartened if we don't make up the massive gap that KM was faced with.

UTFT
[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 13:54]

8 wins from the final 11 games on 13:15 - Mar 4 with 1774 viewsVaughan8

If the 8 include the 3 this month of teams around us, then yes.
8 wins from the final 11 games on 13:19 - Mar 4 with 1768 viewsChrisd

Nope. However optimistic your outlook is this is a big ask for our squad. We've struggled to win consecutive games all season, suddenly we're going to spring into life and win the majority of our remaining games? I just can't see it.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

8 wins from the final 11 games on 13:51 - Mar 4 with 1703 viewsitfcjoe

8 wins from the final 11 games on 13:19 - Mar 4 by Chrisd

Nope. However optimistic your outlook is this is a big ask for our squad. We've struggled to win consecutive games all season, suddenly we're going to spring into life and win the majority of our remaining games? I just can't see it.

McKenna won 7 of his 1st 11 games, so whilst Cook may have struggled to win consecutive games McKenna hasn't done, he's just struggled to win the 3rd game in a row

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

8 wins from the final 11 games on 15:02 - Mar 4 with 1609 viewsHighgateBlue

Yes, I think it'd be just about good enough.

Whether we will do it is quite another question.

Personally I think we will fall a couple of points short. I've always thought that 75 point might just be achievable, but with the last couple of draws even that is a big ask now, and I don't think that would necessarily be enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024