Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours 16:58 - Mar 4 with 3106 viewsElderGrizzly

InitialLy during nighttime hours, as Putin is worried over escalation of protesting/disobedience

I wonder how long the Russian people continue with their ‘support’ of Vlad
Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 17:00 - Mar 4 with 2598 viewsJ2BLUE

Massive respect to every Russian on the streets. Not sure I would be as brave to be completely honest. One commentator on Sky said they would likely go to prison for years. That was a few days ago. Hopefully sheer numbers have now made that unviable.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 17:03 - Mar 4 with 2576 viewsElderGrizzly

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 17:00 - Mar 4 by J2BLUE

Massive respect to every Russian on the streets. Not sure I would be as brave to be completely honest. One commentator on Sky said they would likely go to prison for years. That was a few days ago. Hopefully sheer numbers have now made that unviable.

And Putin is denying his lot are bombing anywhere in the Ukraine

[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 17:03]
Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 17:06 - Mar 4 with 2546 viewsEireannach_gorm

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 17:00 - Mar 4 by J2BLUE

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-introduce-jail-terms-spreading-fake-
Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 17:12 - Mar 4 with 2521 viewsRyorry

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 17:03 - Mar 4 by ElderGrizzly

And Putin is denying his lot are bombing anywhere in the Ukraine

[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 17:03]

He's like a screaming toddler in a supermarket who's been refused all the sweets he wants off the shelves - but who happens to have command of massive real-life military forces, & also access to the nuclear red button.

Anyone know if there are similar checks/barriers/steps in place to restrain a mad President of Russia, as there are in USA (& UK re PM)? 🤔

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 17:17 - Mar 4 with 2478 viewsJ2BLUE

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 17:12 - Mar 4 by Ryorry

He's like a screaming toddler in a supermarket who's been refused all the sweets he wants off the shelves - but who happens to have command of massive real-life military forces, & also access to the nuclear red button.

Anyone know if there are similar checks/barriers/steps in place to restrain a mad President of Russia, as there are in USA (& UK re PM)? 🤔

I'm sure there's not the same level but if you're a mega rich Russian i'm not sure you're going to be too happy about going from a world where you can freely travel and do virtually anything you desire to living in an underground bunker. Some bunkers look like luxury holiday resorts but it's still going to get old pretty quickly.

A lot will likely depend on the mindset of the military leaders. Do they want to go along with it and help destroy the planet or overthrow Putin and his mates before making peace with the west and living their lives out in relative peace and freedom under someone like Navalny?

I am basing this all more on hope than expectation.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 17:22 - Mar 4 with 2448 viewsDarth_Koont

Responding to the anti-war protests and disobedience internally is one of the most positive signs yet. Although clearly signs that protesters and ordinary Russians are facing even more danger.

But the more Putin and his cronies are forced to look inward rather than outward the better. Because if the people at the heart of his “Russian World” are faltering in their support then what’s the point even for an authoritarian like him?

Pronouns: He/Him

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 17:27 - Mar 4 with 2427 viewschicoazul

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 17:12 - Mar 4 by Ryorry

I wonder if he actually has much control over what’s happening now. They would have hoped to be in Kiev by now with their flag on the government building.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 18:01 - Mar 4 with 2309 viewsChurchman

I don’t know why Macron and the German bloke are so desperate to talk to the bloke. There’s nothing to say to a nut job like that.

As for internal disobedience in Russia, well done all those who have the courage to do that. Amazing people.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 20:02]
Login to get fewer ads

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 18:23 - Mar 4 with 2221 viewsfactual_blue

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 18:01 - Mar 4 by Churchman

I don’t know why Macron and the German bloke are so desperate to talk to the bloke. There’s nothing to say to a nut job like that.

As for internal disobedience in Russia, well done all those who have the courage to do that. Amazing people.

You have to talk to them. There will almost certainly be, based on previous situations, back channels of plausibly deniable communications with the Russians from the West.

If nothing else, the latter will show the wider political community in Russia there is a way forward, particularly if they can ditch putain.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 18:35 - Mar 4 with 2166 viewsChurchman

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 18:23 - Mar 4 by factual_blue

You have to talk to them. There will almost certainly be, based on previous situations, back channels of plausibly deniable communications with the Russians from the West.

If nothing else, the latter will show the wider political community in Russia there is a way forward, particularly if they can ditch putain.

You are perfectly correct of course. I just can’t imagine what there is to say to the bloke that hasn’t been said.
Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 19:56 - Mar 4 with 1923 viewsHARRY10

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 18:35 - Mar 4 by Churchman

You are perfectly correct of course. I just can’t imagine what there is to say to the bloke that hasn’t been said.

I can imagine there is a huge amount, if only try to re-assure him that the bloated buffoon is talking out of his ar.se, as usual.

Putin has fought this as if it is the 1940s. Use the 'expendables', then use the seasoned troops to hold land gained. However this is not 1940, and you cannot stop POWs from phoning home. People from accessing info off the net. Threatening your own people will not make them go away, nor stop them from holding views you do not want expressed.

It is clear that Russia will not be able to hold whatever it takes..

So where to the average high up in the army go. How long do they think 'sod this for a game of soldiers (literally) and they remove Putin. He knows that, so will issue dire warnings to the west. he is not going to say

"fair cop, guvski, I will come quite like comrade, innit"

Anyone with an ounce of sense will be working on a get out for Putin. Maybe, as further back and the Kaiser, he will be given a chance to flee the country and seek refuge elsewhere (£2m will get him a golden visa from Johnson).

Unfortunately he is going to continue to try and strengthen his bargaining position by demonstrating what he can do. Much will depend on what the west knows what is happening with those close to him.

It should be known that Japan was in talks with Russia as eafly as late 44, and channels via Swutzerland and Portugal ahd noth sides in contact from 40 onward.

Even the loony Thatcher was talking with the IRA. Unfortunately no one could explain to her that you had to stick by what you agreed - hence the bombs in the latter part of the 80's. Johnson appears to share that same level of intelligence. A man who would be outwitted in a game of Happy Families with a 6 years old, never mind playing poker.
Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 20:31 - Mar 4 with 1828 viewsNthQldITFC

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 17:22 - Mar 4 by Darth_Koont

Responding to the anti-war protests and disobedience internally is one of the most positive signs yet. Although clearly signs that protesters and ordinary Russians are facing even more danger.

But the more Putin and his cronies are forced to look inward rather than outward the better. Because if the people at the heart of his “Russian World” are faltering in their support then what’s the point even for an authoritarian like him?

It would be wise to have some sort of Golden Bridge in place for him soon.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 21:13 - Mar 4 with 1730 viewsElderGrizzly

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 17:27 - Mar 4 by chicoazul

I wonder if he actually has much control over what’s happening now. They would have hoped to be in Kiev by now with their flag on the government building.

First stage happening of the new ‘rules’ coming in tonight in Russia

Facebook and Twitter blocked to try and prevent non-approved messages coming out.
Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 22:42 - Mar 4 with 1570 viewsMVBlue

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 18:01 - Mar 4 by Churchman

There is little talking to poisoner Putin. Its pretty clear its all been leading up to this. Having read about Putin for many years, its clear the man has an obsession with Ukraine. He has been building to this for years, maybe over 10 years. He wanted the West Split, the EU and America occupied and divided. Now we have Brexit (what Russian efforts there?) a divided America following a Trump presidency where he looked to lessen NATO (influence over Trump known).

The firehose of falsehood with a shameless willingness to disseminate partial truths or outright fictions and perceptive theater run by Vladislav Surkov is in full force with the 'de-nazification' wording, the denial of bombing cities, the naming of it a military operation and not a war.

He has poisoned his rivals in Russia, Germany and Britain, using military grade bio-weapons and radiation chemical compounds.
They are threatening nukes, shooting nuclear powerstations (Ukraine Intel knew of this strategy 5 days ago, shared on twitter), raising the bombing and invading a peaceful nation on 3 fronts.

He destroyed Checnya, smashed Georgia, Bombed Syria, invaded Crimea.

Perhaps we have all been sleeping.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 22:49]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 22:45 - Mar 4 with 1538 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 21:13 - Mar 4 by ElderGrizzly

Facebook and Twitter blocked to try and prevent non-approved messages coming out.

I wonder how Russian people view this. They must realise this is censorship surely? There are already numbers protesting. How close are we to a tipping point where the people rise against the Government? A long way? The need for people near the top to join?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 22:47 - Mar 4 with 1528 viewsMVBlue

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 22:45 - Mar 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

I wonder how Russian people view this. They must realise this is censorship surely? There are already numbers protesting. How close are we to a tipping point where the people rise against the Government? A long way? The need for people near the top to join?

A few more million and it might happen that Russian high command may do this

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 22:50 - Mar 4 with 1507 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 22:47 - Mar 4 by MVBlue

It is my hope that there are powerful people who strongly object and are prepared to act.

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 22:52 - Mar 4 with 1497 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 22:50 - Mar 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is my hope that there are powerful people who strongly object and are prepared to act.

I also hope that this sort of thing plays into it too.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/three-russian-commanders-killed-as-ukraine

Is it only me that thinks they are just as likely to have met their end at the hands of Russian conscripts as Ukrainian soldiers?

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 22:58 - Mar 4 with 1487 viewsGuthrum

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 22:50 - Mar 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think that's a fairly vain hope. After 20+ years in power, there isn't going to be anybody at the top who doesn't think like him, or who is so reliant upon him that they wouldn't dare rebel.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 23:08 - Mar 4 with 1455 viewsgtsb1966

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 22:58 - Mar 4 by Guthrum

I think that's a fairly vain hope. After 20+ years in power, there isn't going to be anybody at the top who doesn't think like him, or who is so reliant upon him that they wouldn't dare rebel.

When their money is worthless it might be a different story.
Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 23:27 - Mar 4 with 1384 viewsChurchman

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 22:58 - Mar 4 by Guthrum

No chance, in my opinion.

People like Putin exercise total control. Divide and rule amongst his subordinates, removal of anyone he’s suspicious of and replacing with rivals and chosen people. Back in the days of Stalin, knowledge that if you displeased him, not only would you be finished, but so would your family and friends to the extent that even images on photos were removed. You ceased to exist.

In the dictators playbook, I’d be very surprised if Putin didn’t know and use every trick in the book. He’s that paranoid.
Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 23:28 - Mar 4 with 1383 viewsRyorry

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 21:13 - Mar 4 by ElderGrizzly

I'm amazed that putin's allowed the internet networks in Russia to stay up at all tbh - surely 'ordinary' Russians being in contact with each other, both inside the country & outside it, to friends & rellies all over the world; plus to global news organisations, is one of the biggest dangers to him & his propaganda? Or would disabling their internet netork also impact on their military forces?

Incidentally, did anyone else think that Clive Myrie's final comments to camera on the BBC 10pm news were a "sotte voce" message to ordinary Russians? (for anyone who didn't see, he said directly that - paraphrasing here - "the problem is that ordinary Russian people won't have any idea that the Russian military are shelling the nuclear power station, hospitals and schools, & that Ukrainian children & ordinary civilians are being killed, because of the propaganda & fake news smokescreen that Putin's operating".

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 23:42 - Mar 4 with 1353 viewsGuthrum

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 23:28 - Mar 4 by Ryorry

I'm amazed that putin's allowed the internet networks in Russia to stay up at all tbh - surely 'ordinary' Russians being in contact with each other, both inside the country & outside it, to friends & rellies all over the world; plus to global news organisations, is one of the biggest dangers to him & his propaganda? Or would disabling their internet netork also impact on their military forces?

Incidentally, did anyone else think that Clive Myrie's final comments to camera on the BBC 10pm news were a "sotte voce" message to ordinary Russians? (for anyone who didn't see, he said directly that - paraphrasing here - "the problem is that ordinary Russian people won't have any idea that the Russian military are shelling the nuclear power station, hospitals and schools, & that Ukrainian children & ordinary civilians are being killed, because of the propaganda & fake news smokescreen that Putin's operating".

It would have a significant effect upon Russian business. Which would, in turn, further damage the economy.

Plus in an information vacuum, people tend to start asking questions. Such as: "What are they hiding?"

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 06:22 - Mar 5 with 1188 viewssolomon

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 22:47 - Mar 4 by MVBlue

I doubt “arrest” is the viable option at this point. I suspect an assassination attempt is far more plausible but it’s a suicide mission at best.
Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 07:35 - Mar 5 with 1118 viewsGlasgowBlue

Potentially martial law coming into effect in Russia in next 72 hours on 23:28 - Mar 4 by Ryorry

The internet the Russian public have access o bears no resemblance to the internet you and I have access to.

I was discussing this with a banker friend who is a regular visitor to China. He says that when you search certain pages that you would access here they come back blank.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024