Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best bit of business we could do this summer is get Celina back 08:59 - Mar 6 with 907 viewstractorboy1978

I hope that is something we are already working on.
The best bit of business we could do this summer is get Celina back on 09:22 - Mar 6 with 859 viewsfranz_tyson

Maybe, but I’d prioritise the strikers and the left-side first (LWB/LB).

Celina is impressing me more and more, but he’s still not a shoe-in as a starter. If we can’t guarantee him a starting spot - should we go all out to buy him and potentially blow a lot of the budget on just him and leave ourselves short in other areas.
The best bit of business we could do this summer is get Celina back on 09:32 - Mar 6 with 822 viewsblueislander

The obvious answer is Batistuta.
The best bit of business we could do this summer is get Celina back on 09:41 - Mar 6 with 800 viewsBarcaBlue

The best bit of business we could do this summer is get Celina back on 09:22 - Mar 6 by franz_tyson

Maybe, but I’d prioritise the strikers and the left-side first (LWB/LB).

Celina is impressing me more and more, but he’s still not a shoe-in as a starter. If we can’t guarantee him a starting spot - should we go all out to buy him and potentially blow a lot of the budget on just him and leave ourselves short in other areas.

Celina should start every possible game in the run-in and certainly should be a shoo-in for the rest of the season. I don't see why we shouldn't be in a position to sign him and the handful of others that we may need. There will almost certainly be departures this Summer.

I wouldn't be surprised though if he had offers from further up the chain so it may be out of our hands. We should do what we can to keep him.
The best bit of business we could do this summer is get Celina back on 09:50 - Mar 6 with 775 viewstractorboy1978

The best bit of business we could do this summer is get Celina back on 09:41 - Mar 6 by BarcaBlue

Celina should start every possible game in the run-in and certainly should be a shoo-in for the rest of the season. I don't see why we shouldn't be in a position to sign him and the handful of others that we may need. There will almost certainly be departures this Summer.

I wouldn't be surprised though if he had offers from further up the chain so it may be out of our hands. We should do what we can to keep him.

Yep, whatever our game plan he has to play. He's our match winner. Such a clever player and he's really matured since he was here on loan previously. A far better player than the decent version we had in the Championship.
The best bit of business we could do this summer is get Celina back on 10:01 - Mar 6 with 746 viewsBarcaBlue

The best bit of business we could do this summer is get Celina back on 09:50 - Mar 6 by tractorboy1978

Yep, whatever our game plan he has to play. He's our match winner. Such a clever player and he's really matured since he was here on loan previously. A far better player than the decent version we had in the Championship.

Also think he's just got better under McKenna. Earlier in the season he was very good but more erratic in possession, trying too many flicks and impossible passes. He really moves us forward now whilst still tracking back when required. His use of the ball and eye for a pass are sublime. He'd have a few more assists too if the strikers were a tad more aware.
The best bit of business we could do this summer is get Celina back on 10:35 - Mar 6 with 656 viewsgtsb1966

When does his Dijon contract end? Don't know what we are paying him but his wages may be out of our reach next season.
The best bit of business we could do this summer is get Celina back on 10:39 - Mar 6 with 642 viewsitfcjoe

The best bit of business we could do this summer is get Celina back on 10:35 - Mar 6 by gtsb1966

When does his Dijon contract end? Don't know what we are paying him but his wages may be out of our reach next season.

Think he has 2 more years, but Dijon aren’t close to play offs so will definitely be in 2nd tier again, so won’t be able to afford his wages again next season - just a case of whether we can get it done again

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The best bit of business we could do this summer is get Celina back on 10:45 - Mar 6 with 613 viewsgtsb1966

The best bit of business we could do this summer is get Celina back on 10:39 - Mar 6 by itfcjoe

Think he has 2 more years, but Dijon aren’t close to play offs so will definitely be in 2nd tier again, so won’t be able to afford his wages again next season - just a case of whether we can get it done again

I reckon they'll try and sell him which with a fee and paying whatever his wages will be in full will make his signature impossible unfortunately.
Login to get fewer ads

The best bit of business we could do this summer is get Celina back on 10:52 - Mar 6 with 590 viewsclive_baker

The best bit of business we could do this summer is get Celina back on 10:45 - Mar 6 by gtsb1966

I reckon they'll try and sell him which with a fee and paying whatever his wages will be in full will make his signature impossible unfortunately.

Same again next season would do me. What he’s lacked this season is initially fitness, match fitness, and latterly a level of consistency and minutes. He’s been in and out which I don’t think has helped him. He needs to find his role in the side, I was calling for him to be played deeper a couple of weeks ago alongside Morsy and got pellets, I just think he’s so much more effective when he’s looking forward, or at the least 90 degrees forward when he’s on the left. In the #10 role he plays too much of the game with his back to their goal for me and it’s not really his game. It works slightly better with 2 number 10’s as he can drop deeper. KM will know where he’s best deployed, he’s certainly got a lot of ability.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The best bit of business we could do this summer is get Celina back on 10:58 - Mar 6 with 580 viewsjayessess

The best bit of business we could do this summer is get Celina back on 10:45 - Mar 6 by gtsb1966

Dijon presumably wanted to do that Last Summer too.

(I suppose the question is - does Celina's fitness change the equation for better placed clubs? Do some prospective suitors have more money than they did last Summer?)
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 11:03]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024