Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see Russia have at last suggested something 14:16 - Mar 7 with 7617 viewsnodge_blue

Maybe we are seeing that they are looking for a way out rather than total war.

Im not sure it will be acceptable to Ukraine though.

Russia has said that it can stop operations at "any moment" if Ukraine meets Russian conditions.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov says Ukraine must recognise Crimea as Russian, and Donetsk and Luhansk as independent states.

In addition to this, Peskov says Ukraine must amend its constitution and reject claims to enter any bloc (like Nato, for example).

He adds that Russia will finish the "demilitarisation" of Ukraine, and if these conditions are met Russian military action will "stop in a moment".

The Kremlin spokesman insists that Russia is not seeking to make any further territorial claims on Ukraine.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 17:49 - Mar 8 with 1033 viewsDarth_Koont

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 16:22 - Mar 8 by positivity

i disagree, that'd be rewarding israel for their aggression.

israel are as likely to be treat palestinians fairly in an israeli-run west bank as putin is to treat ukrainians fairly if he's gifted luhansk or mariupol

But we’ve never really tried to bring Israel into line and we could do more. We could boycott and actually sanction them like we did South Africa over their human rights abuses.

We have “rewarded” Israel by doing nothing. And instead making them strategic partners.

My point is we don’t see the Ukrainians the same way at all — even if that’s mostly sub-conscious. They would have our protection and influence in a negotiated settlement. We’re doing what we can about that now with sanctions.

Pronouns: He/Him

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 18:09 - Mar 8 with 1003 viewspositivity

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 17:49 - Mar 8 by Darth_Koont

But we’ve never really tried to bring Israel into line and we could do more. We could boycott and actually sanction them like we did South Africa over their human rights abuses.

We have “rewarded” Israel by doing nothing. And instead making them strategic partners.

My point is we don’t see the Ukrainians the same way at all — even if that’s mostly sub-conscious. They would have our protection and influence in a negotiated settlement. We’re doing what we can about that now with sanctions.

depends what you mean by we.

personally and corporately i/we've been sanctioning israel for a long time.

russia have invaded ukraine 3 times, and gerogia and committed human rights violations and war crimes in syria on a vastly bigger scale than israel . the west's reward for that is laundering their money, giving them billions in oil money and making them strategic and commercial partners

no way should we continue to appease them (or israel) or give them more baubles like a free rein in ukraine

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 18:14 - Mar 8 with 994 viewsDarth_Koont

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 18:09 - Mar 8 by positivity

depends what you mean by we.

personally and corporately i/we've been sanctioning israel for a long time.

russia have invaded ukraine 3 times, and gerogia and committed human rights violations and war crimes in syria on a vastly bigger scale than israel . the west's reward for that is laundering their money, giving them billions in oil money and making them strategic and commercial partners

no way should we continue to appease them (or israel) or give them more baubles like a free rein in ukraine

Absolutely.

Then let’s stop the fighting, save people from a catastrophe and get to work on actually righting wrongs for once by putting pressure on the right people.

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 18:48 - Mar 8 with 963 viewsGlasgowBlue

Christ. How can somebody watch what’s happening to Ukraine and have this take on it?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 19:09 - Mar 8 with 929 viewsDarth_Koont

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 18:48 - Mar 8 by GlasgowBlue

Christ. How can somebody watch what’s happening to Ukraine and have this take on it?

The guy is a loon and a troll by the looks of it. Antisemitic, transphobic and pro-Putin just on the basis of his posts today.

Best to report and get him off twitter.

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 19:19 - Mar 8 with 924 viewsBlueBadger

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 18:48 - Mar 8 by GlasgowBlue

Wow, there's a lot of Misunderstood British Irony happening there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 19:21 - Mar 8 with 906 viewsDarth_Koont

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 19:19 - Mar 8 by BlueBadger

Wow, there's a lot of Misunderstood British Irony happening there.

Really no need.

Stop being a troll yourself.

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 23:18 - Mar 8 with 808 viewsBlueBadger

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 19:21 - Mar 8 by Darth_Koont

Really no need.

Stop being a troll yourself.

Sorry. I realise that you have Very Real Concerns, right now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 07:50 - Mar 9 with 704 viewsGlasgowBlue

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 09:35 - Mar 8 by Darth_Koont

It’s a valid point.

What’s your solution to avoid further death and destruction that appears not to lead to any particularly good or strategic outcome for the Ukrainians? And not that it matters as much, but for the Russians either.

And as I said earlier up, Ukraine has effectively lost Crimea, the Eastern regions and NATO anyway. Continued fighting risks a move towards occupying the country fully and overthrowing the government.

We need to get this into talks as quickly as we can, because that’s also where we can actually apply meaningful pressure and help. As we’ve proved, we can’t do that in the current military engagement.

I see that weapon Chris Williamson has now followed the dear leader and taken a paid gig with the state propaganda channel of a theocratic regime that murders gays, makes trade unions illegal, punishes apostasy from Islam with death, calls for the extermination of Jews, aired interviews with journalists under torture and engages in Holocaust denial.

All of your heroes are really letting you down lately koonters.

Iron Lion Zion

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 08:02 - Mar 9 with 695 viewsDarth_Koont

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 23:18 - Mar 8 by BlueBadger

Sorry. I realise that you have Very Real Concerns, right now.

You won’t get the irony of that despite being on the board all these years.

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 08:05 - Mar 9 with 680 viewsDarth_Koont

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 07:50 - Mar 9 by GlasgowBlue

I see that weapon Chris Williamson has now followed the dear leader and taken a paid gig with the state propaganda channel of a theocratic regime that murders gays, makes trade unions illegal, punishes apostasy from Islam with death, calls for the extermination of Jews, aired interviews with journalists under torture and engages in Holocaust denial.

All of your heroes are really letting you down lately koonters.

Calm down.

You’ve gone into smeary warp drive on this thread.

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 08:22 - Mar 9 with 648 viewsGlasgowBlue

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 08:05 - Mar 9 by Darth_Koont

Calm down.

You’ve gone into smeary warp drive on this thread.

Point out one thing in that post that is incorrect?

Iron Lion Zion

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 08:26 - Mar 9 with 632 viewsDarth_Koont

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 08:22 - Mar 9 by GlasgowBlue

Point out one thing in that post that is incorrect?

Why?

It’s just you throwing crap around on the thread.

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 08:33 - Mar 9 with 614 viewsGlasgowBlue

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 08:26 - Mar 9 by Darth_Koont

Why?

It’s just you throwing crap around on the thread.

Swerve.

Iron Lion Zion

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 08:37 - Mar 9 with 605 viewsDarth_Koont

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 08:33 - Mar 9 by GlasgowBlue

Swerve.

No. More of a yawn.

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 17:19 - Mar 9 with 515 viewspositivity

I see Russia have at last suggested something on 18:14 - Mar 8 by Darth_Koont

Absolutely.

Then let’s stop the fighting, save people from a catastrophe and get to work on actually righting wrongs for once by putting pressure on the right people.

unfortunately putin is just doubling down on the fighting, who are the right people to put pressure on to stop him?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024