Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans.. 19:57 - Mar 7 with 3209 viewsSeablu

Has landed on his feet this time.
All those years blowing large transfer budgets on the wrong managers and giving the only decent one a budget for crocks, chancers & has beens.

He’s only gone and rolled up at Huddersfield and looks like getting play-offs at the very least and a juicy FA Cup quarter final at Liverpool in his first few months.

Un feckin believable Jeff.

[Post edited 7 Mar 2022 19:58]
Marcus Evans.. on 20:03 - Mar 7 with 2869 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Has he really? He will have paid for those already as they are guaranteed. The only way is backwards under him. I can't quite get why he would want to do it all again unless he has learnt from his time here (and he never showed any signs of doing so while he was here).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Marcus Evans.. on 20:08 - Mar 7 with 2816 viewsIllinoisblue

Jinxed it nicely. 2-1 Forest

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Marcus Evans.. on 20:09 - Mar 7 with 2812 viewsSwansea_Blue

Marcus Evans.. on 20:03 - Mar 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Has he really? He will have paid for those already as they are guaranteed. The only way is backwards under him. I can't quite get why he would want to do it all again unless he has learnt from his time here (and he never showed any signs of doing so while he was here).

Piggybacking onto something already happening is the only way he’ll do it, isn’t it? If they go up this it will obviously be in spite of him. If they fail this season, it all depends on what structure they’ve got in place and who’s overseeing it. If he’s parachuting in and not changing anything they stand a chance. If he’s going to be in sole charge like here they’re Donald Ducked.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Marcus Evans.. on 20:10 - Mar 7 with 2808 viewsSeablu

Marcus Evans.. on 20:03 - Mar 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don’t think the play offs were guaranteed were they, when he unveiled his wedge?
Thankfully, Forest are ahead now, so at least his Liverpool payday might not happen.
He's got nothing to do with Huddersfield. (n/t) on 20:13 - Mar 7 with 2763 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

He's got nothing to do with Huddersfield. (n/t) on 20:25 - Mar 7 with 2690 viewsSeablu

He's got nothing to do with Huddersfield. (n/t) on 20:13 - Mar 7 by Bloots

Silly me.
Thanks for letting me down gently.
I bet you tell your kids their drawings are too crap for the fridge door as well
[Post edited 7 Mar 2022 20:27]
He's got nothing to do with Huddersfield. (n/t) on 20:30 - Mar 7 with 2630 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's got nothing to do with Huddersfield. (n/t) on 20:13 - Mar 7 by Bloots

Yet. Heavily linked isn’t he?

There is no right or wrong.... on 20:35 - Mar 7 with 2601 viewsBloots

He's got nothing to do with Huddersfield. (n/t) on 20:25 - Mar 7 by Seablu

Silly me.
I bet you tell your kids their drawings are too crap for the fridge door as well

...when it comes to art, it's about interpretation.

However, ignorance and misinformation needs to be pointed out.

My pleasure.

Login to get fewer ads

They are currently being taken over.... on 20:36 - Mar 7 with 2596 viewsBloots

He's got nothing to do with Huddersfield. (n/t) on 20:30 - Mar 7 by Swansea_Blue

Yet. Heavily linked isn’t he?

...by their previous owner.

He has publicly stated that he has no intention to sell and that the club needs a period of stability.

He's got nothing to do with Huddersfield. (n/t) on 20:58 - Mar 7 with 2462 viewsBlueBadger

He's got nothing to do with Huddersfield. (n/t) on 20:25 - Mar 7 by Seablu

Silly me.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/marcus-evans-huddersfield-tin

Key paragraph:
'There's been nothing new to report on that since the beginning of January really, and even then it was just 'believed to be interested'.

The fact that's gone so quiet over the past couple of months, plus the club's announcement on Monday that Hoyle (and Hoyle alone) is in discussions over taking the other 75% of the shares, strongly suggests that a deal with Evans is not currently on the table.

Prior reports from elsewhere do suggest Marcus Evans feels like he has unfinished business in football after failing to find success at Ipswich, but as it stands it doesn't look like that will be at Huddersfield Town.'

That particular reporter is a genuine actual mate of mine. He'll have done his legwork, vbecause, bless him, he's that spoddy.
If he's saying it's not happening, it' not happening.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

They are currently being taken over.... on 21:08 - Mar 7 with 2391 viewsSwansea_Blue

They are currently being taken over.... on 20:36 - Mar 7 by Bloots

...by their previous owner.

He has publicly stated that he has no intention to sell and that the club needs a period of stability.

Fair enough, I’d missed the recent statements from their new owner that I’ve now seen. His comments seem sensible. It doesn’t make sense to buy out the rest of the club and then sell when there’s a PL place up for grabs does it. It’s Huddersfield’s gain if ME is nowhere near them, that’s for sure!

There is no right or wrong.... on 21:08 - Mar 7 with 2393 viewsSeablu

There is no right or wrong.... on 20:35 - Mar 7 by Bloots

...when it comes to art, it's about interpretation.

However, ignorance and misinformation needs to be pointed out.

My pleasure.

So you’re calling me ignorant?
Can’t wait for Herby to come back, he’d know what to do…
There is no right or wrong.... on 21:13 - Mar 7 with 2339 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There is no right or wrong.... on 21:08 - Mar 7 by Seablu

Join in with Bloots?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Herby won't be back. (n/t) on 21:14 - Mar 7 with 2324 viewsBloots

Too right. (n/t) on 21:14 - Mar 7 with 2318 viewsBloots

They are currently being taken over.... on 21:08 - Mar 7 by Swansea_Blue

Fair enough, I’d missed the recent statements from their new owner that I’ve now seen. His comments seem sensible. It doesn’t make sense to buy out the rest of the club and then sell when there’s a PL place up for grabs does it. It’s Huddersfield’s gain if ME is nowhere near them, that’s for sure!

There is no right or wrong.... on 21:17 - Mar 7 with 2290 viewsBlueBadger

Point out that you're talking sh1t as well?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

He's got nothing to do with Huddersfield. (n/t) on 21:17 - Mar 7 with 2290 viewsSeablu

He's got nothing to do with Huddersfield. (n/t) on 20:58 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/marcus-evans-huddersfield-tin

Key paragraph:
'There's been nothing new to report on that since the beginning of January really, and even then it was just 'believed to be interested'.

The fact that's gone so quiet over the past couple of months, plus the club's announcement on Monday that Hoyle (and Hoyle alone) is in discussions over taking the other 75% of the shares, strongly suggests that a deal with Evans is not currently on the table.

Prior reports from elsewhere do suggest Marcus Evans feels like he has unfinished business in football after failing to find success at Ipswich, but as it stands it doesn't look like that will be at Huddersfield Town.'

That particular reporter is a genuine actual mate of mine. He'll have done his legwork, vbecause, bless him, he's that spoddy.
If he's saying it's not happening, it' not happening.

Fair enough, I thought it was a done deal already and he’d been happily ensconced for a couple of months.
As the cool kids say, my bad.
Arf! (n/t) on 21:18 - Mar 7 with 2281 viewsBloots

There is no right or wrong.... on 21:17 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

There is no right or wrong.... on 21:26 - Mar 7 with 2226 viewsSeablu

There is no right or wrong.... on 21:17 - Mar 7 by BlueBadger

Bit quiet on the ward tonight, tiger?
You could polish up your thank you letter to your tory and Brexit buddy for freeing up some valuable time for your social media frivolity…

All forgiven and forgotten then? ….Arf (n/t) on 21:29 - Mar 7 with 2197 viewsSeablu

Arf! (n/t) on 21:18 - Mar 7 by Bloots

You're taking the fact that..... on 21:34 - Mar 7 with 2145 viewsBloots

There is no right or wrong.... on 21:26 - Mar 7 by Seablu

Bit quiet on the ward tonight, tiger?
You could polish up your thank you letter to your tory and Brexit buddy for freeing up some valuable time for your social media frivolity…

....you got something wrong very badly.

Just accept it and move on.

Everyone is wrong every now and then, although some of you more than others obviously.

He's got nothing to do with Huddersfield. (n/t) on 22:01 - Mar 7 with 1955 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's got nothing to do with Huddersfield. (n/t) on 21:17 - Mar 7 by Seablu

Fair enough, I thought it was a done deal already and he’d been happily ensconced for a couple of months.
As the cool kids say, my bad.

Well I was the same. We can't all be massive ME fanboys like Bloots.

Def info.

You're taking the fact that..... on 22:03 - Mar 7 with 1933 viewsSeablu

You're taking the fact that..... on 21:34 - Mar 7 by Bloots

....you got something wrong very badly.

Just accept it and move on.

Everyone is wrong every now and then, although some of you more than others obviously.

Hardly ‘very badly’ sweetcheeks. I thought he’d bought a share, I was wrong.

No one died and no one sulked off in a kiddy strop for a few weeks…
Apologies, I genuinely thought you were... on 22:13 - Mar 7 with 1877 viewsBloots

You're taking the fact that..... on 22:03 - Mar 7 by Seablu

Hardly ‘very badly’ sweetcheeks. I thought he’d bought a share, I was wrong.

No one died and no one sulked off in a kiddy strop for a few weeks…

....taking it badly.

See, I told you that you aren't the only one to get things wrong!

Power to the people.

Blub.

Apologies, I genuinely thought you were... on 22:25 - Mar 7 with 1812 viewsSeablu

Apologies, I genuinely thought you were... on 22:13 - Mar 7 by Bloots

....taking it badly.

See, I told you that you aren't the only one to get things wrong!

Power to the people.

Blub.

This has been a personal disaster for me, I’m going to have to retire for a few weeks for a thorough period of introspection.
Any tips on how to shamelessly creep back, be just as lippy yet still save face?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024