Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve 13:56 - Mar 8 with 1050 viewsghostofescobar

Interesting and incredibly worrying. Also apologies if you have Ukraine news fatigue.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/mar/08/russia-ukraine-war-possibl

GhostOfEscobar

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 14:21 - Mar 8 with 977 viewsDarth_Koont

Largely agree with the overall picture.

Although the article is a few days out of date (originally published on the 3rd) when it comes to the more peaceful, de-escalated approach. Within the scope of their recent murmurings, Russia is not overthrowing the government and installing their own puppet regime necessarily.

Clearly, there is a lot of wiggle room in the term “demilitarisation” but a ceasefire would mean force isn’t being used.

Pronouns: He/Him

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 14:33 - Mar 8 with 946 viewsZXBlue

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 14:21 - Mar 8 by Darth_Koont

Largely agree with the overall picture.

Although the article is a few days out of date (originally published on the 3rd) when it comes to the more peaceful, de-escalated approach. Within the scope of their recent murmurings, Russia is not overthrowing the government and installing their own puppet regime necessarily.

Clearly, there is a lot of wiggle room in the term “demilitarisation” but a ceasefire would mean force isn’t being used.

Demilitarised means no army or means of defence. Clearly unacceptable for a nation under threat if invasion.
Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 14:39 - Mar 8 with 915 viewsDarth_Koont

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 14:33 - Mar 8 by ZXBlue

Demilitarised means no army or means of defence. Clearly unacceptable for a nation under threat if invasion.

Maybe. Or just that it will be aligned around its own defence and not the NATO umbrella which is seen (rightly or wrongly) as a threat by the Russians.

If they use the term “disarmament” then that would certainly be what you’re talking about.

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 14:46 - Mar 8 with 893 viewsZXBlue

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 14:39 - Mar 8 by Darth_Koont

Maybe. Or just that it will be aligned around its own defence and not the NATO umbrella which is seen (rightly or wrongly) as a threat by the Russians.

If they use the term “disarmament” then that would certainly be what you’re talking about.

You are at pains to find meaning in a word which is not logical. Ukraine are not nato. If that was the meaning of demilitarised, it would not be necessary. Of course, this is all Russian propaganda to justify their actions.
Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 14:48 - Mar 8 with 879 viewsDarth_Koont

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 14:46 - Mar 8 by ZXBlue

You are at pains to find meaning in a word which is not logical. Ukraine are not nato. If that was the meaning of demilitarised, it would not be necessary. Of course, this is all Russian propaganda to justify their actions.

Oh please.

Use your brain or kindly f@ck off.

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 14:51 - Mar 8 with 848 viewsZXBlue

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 14:48 - Mar 8 by Darth_Koont

Oh please.

I think my point is made....
Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 14:59 - Mar 8 with 833 viewsDarth_Koont

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 14:51 - Mar 8 by ZXBlue

I think my point is made....

Like crystal.

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 15:20 - Mar 8 with 784 viewsPassionNotAnger

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 14:48 - Mar 8 by Darth_Koont

Oh please.

Is there anyone you won't be rude to or insult if they disagree with you?

I don't think I've ever see you concede a point on here or at least countenance a differing view being credible (I suppose at least in that, you aren't unique)

You just have such an antagonistic approach to shoving your point across and belittling others - just makes the board so unpleasant at times.
Login to get fewer ads

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 15:29 - Mar 8 with 747 viewsDarth_Koont

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 15:20 - Mar 8 by PassionNotAnger

Is there anyone you won't be rude to or insult if they disagree with you?

I don't think I've ever see you concede a point on here or at least countenance a differing view being credible (I suppose at least in that, you aren't unique)

You just have such an antagonistic approach to shoving your point across and belittling others - just makes the board so unpleasant at times.

I discuss points whenever I can. And I can see nuance and learn from others too.

Also, who the f&ck are you? 😀

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 15:37 - Mar 8 with 712 viewsghostofescobar

Darth and ZXB, this is how wars start, now be nice.

GhostOfEscobar

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 15:41 - Mar 8 with 690 viewsDarth_Koont

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 15:37 - Mar 8 by ghostofescobar

Darth and ZXB, this is how wars start, now be nice.

RESPECT MY SOVEREIGN RIGHTS!!!!

Yeah, fair enough.

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 16:07 - Mar 8 with 614 viewsPhilTWTD

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 15:29 - Mar 8 by Darth_Koont

I discuss points whenever I can. And I can see nuance and learn from others too.

Also, who the f&ck are you? 😀

Really not the need.
Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 16:13 - Mar 8 with 580 viewsDarth_Koont

Apologies if already posted - Ukraine Article on how the war may evolve on 16:07 - Mar 8 by PhilTWTD

Really not the need.

That was more of a joke.

But OK, I’ll tone it down.

Sorry ZXBlue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024