Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… 00:50 - Mar 9 with 2886 viewshatch

Fair play to him, we weren’t at our best tonight but some of the individual performances were outstanding.
Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 01:06 - Mar 9 with 2790 viewsStrimmer

Wow. While there’s probably an element of hyperbole to what Appleton says, that’s quite something to hear.

It confirms to me that town fans collectively are almost afraid at times, with good reason might I add, to admit to ourselves the level we are at. I see it in score predictions, on here and from the major town media, that underplay the reality. I’m sure I saw plenty going for a draw tonight, hoping to scrape something Saturday.

We’ve got it in us to beat anyone in this league home and away, Rotherham included. Ipswich Town are going places.

Poll: Was it a punch?

Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 01:15 - Mar 9 with 2751 viewsIllinoisblue

Praise indeed. Admire his honesty.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 06:44 - Mar 9 with 2321 viewsfranz_tyson

Ashton’s mate. When McKenna gets poached, Appleton will be first choice replacement.
Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 07:05 - Mar 9 with 2196 viewstextbackup

Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 01:06 - Mar 9 by Strimmer

Wow. While there’s probably an element of hyperbole to what Appleton says, that’s quite something to hear.

It confirms to me that town fans collectively are almost afraid at times, with good reason might I add, to admit to ourselves the level we are at. I see it in score predictions, on here and from the major town media, that underplay the reality. I’m sure I saw plenty going for a draw tonight, hoping to scrape something Saturday.

We’ve got it in us to beat anyone in this league home and away, Rotherham included. Ipswich Town are going places.

good post this

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 07:35 - Mar 9 with 1999 viewsChurchman

Worth a listen. Appleton comes across as a what you see is what you get kind of person. Very complimentary about us and objective about where his club is.
Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 07:55 - Mar 9 with 1845 viewsSheffordBlue

Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 06:44 - Mar 9 by franz_tyson

Ashton’s mate. When McKenna gets poached, Appleton will be first choice replacement.

Ashton could have recommended him to the board when they sacked Cook but didn't

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 07:57 - Mar 9 with 1824 viewstractorboy1978

Admits there they basically settled for losing 2-0 at half time.
Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 08:00 - Mar 9 with 1808 viewsKieran_Knows

Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 01:06 - Mar 9 by Strimmer

Still though, the guy behind me last night was fuming that we was ‘over playing’ it at the back, when the whole part of our game is to keep the ball amongst the back 5, draw the opposition in, leaving gaps behind to pop it to the likes of Celina and Aluko who then have the whole pitch to run in to.

The sooner people get on board with this style of play - and admittedly there will be mistakes along the way playing it - the better.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 08:09 - Mar 9 with 1738 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

And to be fair to Michael Appleton, it was refreshing to see a team come to PR and play football. So many teams in this league adopt the tactics of going down every time there is the slightest contact, to break up play and get set pieces. Lincoln didn't do that, they are a fair team playing the right way and very good luck to them. It makes football a far more enjoyable spectacle, and you can see that with one or two more quality players they could be a strong team.

As for us, we know this - and if we can be the best team in League 1 for the next 12 matches, we will be going up.

Poll: would you rather

Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 08:14 - Mar 9 with 1702 viewstextbackup

Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 08:00 - Mar 9 by Kieran_Knows

Still though, the guy behind me last night was fuming that we was ‘over playing’ it at the back, when the whole part of our game is to keep the ball amongst the back 5, draw the opposition in, leaving gaps behind to pop it to the likes of Celina and Aluko who then have the whole pitch to run in to.

The sooner people get on board with this style of play - and admittedly there will be mistakes along the way playing it - the better.

this football is lost on some Town fans.

the amount of sht i heard lastnight makes me even more excited to move my seat elsewhere for next season.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 09:04 - Mar 9 with 1351 viewsitfcjoe

Wow, loved listening to that - it's so great to hear a manager appreciating what we are doing with such clarity.

With what we spent in the summer, and the squad we have, this was the standard we all hoped for - but were miles off it. What McKenna has done with this squad, with no transfer window to speak of, just by first class coaching and gameplanning is incredible.

6 wins left to go, hopefully the injuries aren't too bad

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 16:07 - Mar 9 with 1095 viewsVeggie

He’s basically admitting Lincoln are tinpot and they can’t compete.
Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 16:20 - Mar 9 with 1040 viewsVeggie

Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 08:14 - Mar 9 by textbackup

this football is lost on some Town fans.

the amount of sht i heard lastnight makes me even more excited to move my seat elsewhere for next season.

It is weird the things people talk about at football matches isn’t it? The pair behind me spent a good 10 minutes discussing their kitchen and or bathroom refits in great detail a few weeks back. Fascinating stuff.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 16:21]
Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 21:35 - Mar 9 with 788 viewsFrimleyBlue

Appleton speaking as highly about Ipswich as any manager this season… on 16:07 - Mar 9 by Veggie

He’s basically admitting Lincoln are tinpot and they can’t compete.

Based on the last 4 games and a pre season to go through I don't think many will compete with us next season regardless of league we are in. There is something very very special going on here.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024