Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aluko outstanding last night 09:27 - Mar 9 with 588 viewsnodge_blue

When was the last time we had a player that constantly takes the ball in tight spaces, under pressure, who not only doesn't lose it, but in a split second actually makes something happen with a tight turn or a lay off.

Easily my man of the match. Ive no idea why Reading got rid of him. Its only a shame he's not 4 or 5 years younger and we could plan around him longer term.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Aluko outstanding last night on 09:34 - Mar 9 with 549 viewsclive_baker

Such a good footballer, one of those players who's technically just a really really good footballer. He'll be playing in charity games when he's 45 and still absolutely bossing it. Such a good touch, aware of what's going on around him, looks after the ball, clearly looks after himself too, largely makes the right decisions in the right areas. Calming experienced influence on those around him. I can't help but feel he'll have a role to play on Saturday, especially if Morsy is out.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Aluko outstanding last night on 09:38 - Mar 9 with 527 viewsnodge_blue

Aluko outstanding last night on 09:34 - Mar 9 by clive_baker

Such a good footballer, one of those players who's technically just a really really good footballer. He'll be playing in charity games when he's 45 and still absolutely bossing it. Such a good touch, aware of what's going on around him, looks after the ball, clearly looks after himself too, largely makes the right decisions in the right areas. Calming experienced influence on those around him. I can't help but feel he'll have a role to play on Saturday, especially if Morsy is out.

Im a bit worried about Saturday with no Morsey, Edmundson, Evans and possibly no Burns. Thats starting to rip out the core of the team.

Aluko outstanding last night on 09:41 - Mar 9 with 508 viewsjayessess

I think Reading wanted to keep him, didn't they? If I remember correctly we beat Championship sides to sign him.

Absolutely class last night, starting to revise my opinion that he's 3rd-choice CAM after Chaplin. There's a really good balance to having both Aluko and Celina on the pitch.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Aluko outstanding last night on 09:54 - Mar 9 with 441 viewsnodge_blue

Aluko outstanding last night on 09:41 - Mar 9 by jayessess

I think Reading wanted to keep him, didn't they? If I remember correctly we beat Championship sides to sign him.

Absolutely class last night, starting to revise my opinion that he's 3rd-choice CAM after Chaplin. There's a really good balance to having both Aluko and Celina on the pitch.

I thought he was released but I may well be wrong.

With Mckennas rotation I don't think he has a rank as such. I like Chaplin as well. But right now Aluko out of the three of them makes things happen more often.

Aluko outstanding last night on 09:56 - Mar 9 with 425 viewstractordownsouth

Aluko outstanding last night on 09:41 - Mar 9 by jayessess

I think the only Championship side we beat was Derby because they couldn't pay his wages.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Aluko outstanding last night on 09:56 - Mar 9 with 425 viewsclive_baker

Aluko outstanding last night on 09:38 - Mar 9 by nodge_blue

Im a bit worried about Saturday with no Morsey, Edmundson, Evans and possibly no Burns. Thats starting to rip out the core of the team.

That would certainly be tough as against an in form Pompey side if they're all out. Hopefully the injuries aren't as bad as first feared, my instinct says Burns will be OK. If Evans could return that would be timely, although that looks unlikey for Saturday and probably the Saturday after at least based on KMs comments. Morsy he isn't, but coming back in alongside Bakinson would feel less disruptive. Burgess can come in for Edmundson. Big blows, definitely, but an opportunity for others to step up and show what they can do. Maybe on Saturday he'll play Aluko next to Bakinson, with Celina ahead of them. We also need to remember we're playing Portsmouth, not Man City. They're in form and dangerous going forward, but I think if we can get at them with Celina / Chaplin / Aluko / Burns etc we could have some joy.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 10:02]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024