Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The one negative I can pick from last night... 09:55 - Mar 9 with 2327 viewsTresBonne

The atmosphere! Considering how well we played and the fact we were 2-0 up inside 33 minutes, would've expected a lot better.

For large parts of the game you could've heard a pin drop in PR. The group of hearty lads in the SAR stand outsung the SBR for half the game...
The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:05 - Mar 9 with 2000 viewsSlambo

Yeah, it was poor. Really hard getting everyone going, even our lot. Some mitigating factors - folk can't get to midweek games as easily (exacerbated by extra traffic due to the bumper crowd and I think a crash on the Copdock interchange. One of our lads couldn't even get into Ipswich and literally had turn around and go home again), folk are more subdued because of work/school the next day and then games with ticket offers tend to attract daytrippers who are there to 'experience' the atmosphere and not necessarily contribute/don't come enough to know the songs. No excuses though, needs to be better against Pompey...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:07 - Mar 9 with 1968 viewsnoggin

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:05 - Mar 9 by Slambo

Yeah, it was poor. Really hard getting everyone going, even our lot. Some mitigating factors - folk can't get to midweek games as easily (exacerbated by extra traffic due to the bumper crowd and I think a crash on the Copdock interchange. One of our lads couldn't even get into Ipswich and literally had turn around and go home again), folk are more subdued because of work/school the next day and then games with ticket offers tend to attract daytrippers who are there to 'experience' the atmosphere and not necessarily contribute/don't come enough to know the songs. No excuses though, needs to be better against Pompey...

Ground needs to be rocking for Pompey.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:07 - Mar 9 with 1974 viewsitfcjoe

Always the way when the second half a bit of a non event when attacking the North Stand, we just went through the motions as a team and fanbase as the game was won

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:10 - Mar 9 with 1954 viewsArnieM

I think some of that is down to our style of football. It’s brilliant to watch. But it can sometimes be like watching a very absorbing game of chess , with our intricate pass and move style.

I’d also add, it seemed to dive once we picked up those injuries and people saw the change in our play and like me felt a nervous of conceding. The thoughts of “ they only have to get a goal t9 be right back in this game”, just wouldn’t go away ….nerves !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:10 - Mar 9 with 1951 viewstextbackup

one of the best atmospheres i remember at PR is against pompy when they had already won the league, won 3-0 i think. rocking that day

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:12 - Mar 9 with 1939 viewsEastTownBlue

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:10 - Mar 9 by textbackup

one of the best atmospheres i remember at PR is against pompy when they had already won the league, won 3-0 i think. rocking that day

It was. A long afternoon session ahead of a half five kick off on a Good Friday probably helped that.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 10:17]
The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:13 - Mar 9 with 1919 viewsclive_baker

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:10 - Mar 9 by ArnieM

I think some of that is down to our style of football. It’s brilliant to watch. But it can sometimes be like watching a very absorbing game of chess , with our intricate pass and move style.

I’d also add, it seemed to dive once we picked up those injuries and people saw the change in our play and like me felt a nervous of conceding. The thoughts of “ they only have to get a goal t9 be right back in this game”, just wouldn’t go away ….nerves !

I think the fans seemed a bit edgy until we scored, then for the rest of the first half it was good, plenty of singing. 2nd half was a bit of a non event, which makes the injuries even more frustrating.

Dived a bit for me 2nd half when I saw everyone else around us was winning and probably the 3 most key players in our side either off or struggling with injuries. Oddly felt like our chances of making the playoffs took a step back despite a 2-0 win. That's not the case of course, we just need to take each game and keep ticking them off even if it means a bit of a makeshift side. We've got the players to come in.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:14 - Mar 9 with 1912 viewsSTYG

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:12 - Mar 9 by EastTownBlue

It was. A long afternoon session ahead of a half five kick off on a Good Friday probably helped that.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 10:17]

And Mr John Portsmouth Football Club or whatever he was called, topless and walking up and down the top of the executive boxes for the majority of the match as well if I recall.

Possibly the last time we won on Sky? Lol
Login to get fewer ads

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:16 - Mar 9 with 1890 viewsBobbychase

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:07 - Mar 9 by noggin

Ground needs to be rocking for Pompey.

Exactly. We've been given plenty to be cheerful about recently and the team has largely been untroubled by the opposition. If the injuries are as bad as we fear, they'll need an extra effort from the crowd on Saturday.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:17 - Mar 9 with 1871 viewsChrisd

I couldn't go last night and gave my tickets to a couple of friends of mine, although they enjoyed it (They aren't Town fans), they said the same - Very quiet at times.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 10:18]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:21 - Mar 9 with 1795 viewstractorshark

I couldn’t go last night but I watched the highlights on sky sports app and, yes, it was very quiet which surprised me given the size of the crowd.

But only a small negative.
The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:26 - Mar 9 with 1743 viewsJDB23

Doesn’t help that the lower north are constantly either out of sync or singing completely different songs depending on what section you’re in. I know blue action tried to move more central this season but I’m in section 5 and can still barely hear them most of the time, section 4 must be even worse.

Also, to me at least, I still don’t really get the feeling we’re in a promotion race. I know that we are still in it but it just doesn’t have that feeling, maybe others feel the same way?
The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:42 - Mar 9 with 1652 viewsSitfcB

Tuesday nights aren’t what they used to be.

Saturdays always tend to be better these days, more lubrication time!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:42 - Mar 9 with 1659 viewsDyland

The atmosphere seems to be inversely proportionate to the size of the crowd in recent memory.

There's also something amiss with the acoustics in SBR, as has been mentioned a few times over the years....

Need everyone to be positive and up for it come Saturday. Already seeing comments like 'the wheels coming off' cos of the (admittedly gutting) injuries. No wheels have come off. Take one game at a time. No time for nerves in the stands, need to get behind the team as vocally as possible.

Totally get that Morsy and Edmundsen and Burns etc would be massively missed, but we have enough quality in the squad to beat the next few teams still. It's not Liverpool and City is it. Let's see what happens and do all we can to make PR and our away followings rocking in support of whoever is out there.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:44 - Mar 9 with 1641 viewsN2_Blue

Didn't think it was that bad personally. Much better than usual mid week games or when large crowds are in attendance.

I mean sure it can be a heck of a lot better but i thought it was fine.

I actually feel it was flat towards the end because the 2nd half wasn't as good as first when we were outstanding and the the game almost became an anti-climax because we'd won it after 30 minutes.

We are not used to strolling to victory but we need to get used to it under McKenna

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:47 - Mar 9 with 1618 viewsArnieM

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:13 - Mar 9 by clive_baker

I think the fans seemed a bit edgy until we scored, then for the rest of the first half it was good, plenty of singing. 2nd half was a bit of a non event, which makes the injuries even more frustrating.

Dived a bit for me 2nd half when I saw everyone else around us was winning and probably the 3 most key players in our side either off or struggling with injuries. Oddly felt like our chances of making the playoffs took a step back despite a 2-0 win. That's not the case of course, we just need to take each game and keep ticking them off even if it means a bit of a makeshift side. We've got the players to come in.

Yes we do have the players to come in, and step up to that plate. But they’re not in the side normally, for a reason. We will be ( I feel personally), significantly weaker now for the vital game on Saturday. It’s close margins at the sharp end if the season, which why I’ve “ over reacted” to these injuries. Ultimately I feel it will now be the feather that tilts the scales against us. Pity really coz it was start8ng to really build up for us. We’ll see won’t we…🤞

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:51 - Mar 9 with 1594 viewslazyblue

The SAR upper lot are pretty vocal these days and them being next to the away fans helps.
The one negative I can pick from last night... on 11:48 - Mar 9 with 1476 viewsSlambo

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:44 - Mar 9 by N2_Blue

Didn't think it was that bad personally. Much better than usual mid week games or when large crowds are in attendance.

I mean sure it can be a heck of a lot better but i thought it was fine.

I actually feel it was flat towards the end because the 2nd half wasn't as good as first when we were outstanding and the the game almost became an anti-climax because we'd won it after 30 minutes.

We are not used to strolling to victory but we need to get used to it under McKenna

To be fair, we filmed a lot of it for the purpose of getting clips of new songs to circulate among the wider fanbase to learn, and when watching them back today it didn't sound too bad. Perhaps we're just being impatient. There are environmental factors that we can't do much about, but will be working with the club to hopefully resolve. Rome wasn't built in a day, as they say...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 12:09 - Mar 9 with 1355 viewsN2_Blue

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 11:48 - Mar 9 by Slambo

To be fair, we filmed a lot of it for the purpose of getting clips of new songs to circulate among the wider fanbase to learn, and when watching them back today it didn't sound too bad. Perhaps we're just being impatient. There are environmental factors that we can't do much about, but will be working with the club to hopefully resolve. Rome wasn't built in a day, as they say...

There was plenty of singing but perhaps not really the whole ground at one time, but i wouldn't say the ground was particularly flat.

2nd half was quite but that was because we'd won the game. That was as comfortable 2-0 victory I've seen at PR i think.

Even at the end there was a loud rendition of Oh when the Town... which most of the ground were singing as was quite loud.

Personally hate that song an don't join it because it is a Southampton song and no one else should sing it. Spurs having it as their main chant is embarrassing.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 12:35 - Mar 9 with 1283 viewsportmanking

Personally, I think there's a simple explanation.

Despite our hugely improved form and style of play, we're still big outsiders in the promotion race. In 5-6 games, if we're right in the thick of it you can bet your bottom dollar things will intensify.
The one negative I can pick from last night... on 13:28 - Mar 9 with 1159 viewsGarv

What a day.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 15:12 - Mar 9 with 1054 viewsMarinerspumaboots

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:51 - Mar 9 by lazyblue

The SAR upper lot are pretty vocal these days and them being next to the away fans helps.

We are👍😃🔵⚪️⚽️🚜💨
The one negative I can pick from last night... on 15:42 - Mar 9 with 979 viewsVeggie

It’s probably a bit of a myth that we always had a great atmosphere with constant singing in the good old days. Watching clips of old matches, there isn’t constant singing. I’m sure it’s always been the case.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 15:43]
The one negative I can pick from last night... on 15:51 - Mar 9 with 938 viewsStewart27

Great day!

Absolutely scorching weather too!
The one negative I can pick from last night... on 17:30 - Mar 9 with 825 viewsBrads

The one negative I can pick from last night... on 10:51 - Mar 9 by lazyblue

Think where you are in the ground dictates which area sounds the loudest. I didn’t hear anything from the SAR at all. Would be tempted to give it a try near the away fans if it’s decent there but it’d feel like the team were attacking the wrong end second half.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024