Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road 13:40 - Mar 9 with 4725 viewsSheffordBlue

Looks like the club have submitted the planning permission that Mark Ashton talked about in the last fan forum. The documents aren't available online yet but probably will be in the next few days to see what the plans are but the details shown on the online platform are:

1. Partial demolition and alteration to South East corner
2. Alteration to Home & Away Dugouts
3. New 'Big Screen' over South East corner

The planning ref is 22/00206/FUL and you should be able to view and comment on the application at https://ppc.ipswich.gov.uk/searchselect.asp once the documents are live.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 13:42 - Mar 9 with 3350 viewsSitfcB

Let’s hope the council are cooperative.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 13:45 - Mar 9 with 3344 viewsSheffordBlue

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 13:42 - Mar 9 by SitfcB

Let’s hope the council are cooperative.

You should be able to positively support the application on the platform so that the council can see the public support for it

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 13:46 - Mar 9 with 3312 viewsSitfcB

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 13:45 - Mar 9 by SheffordBlue

You should be able to positively support the application on the platform so that the council can see the public support for it

Will keep an eye out then and spread the word.

COYB

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 13:47 - Mar 9 with 3307 viewsArnieM

Will it be bigger than the Samsung 40inch tv at carrott rood ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 14:02 - Mar 9 with 3209 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Will it display “Don’t get stuck in a corner” at the appropriate moments?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 14:04 - Mar 9 with 3196 viewsitfcsuth

I like that.

Dugouts massively need doing. Suspect they will build in to the stand in the dugouts.
Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 14:04 - Mar 9 with 3196 viewsDyland

I'm not against that per se but a little part of me will die. A little sad old barsteward, mind.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 14:09 - Mar 9 with 3141 viewsKieran_Knows

The dugouts have been a massive bug bear of Ashtons the moment he walked through the door. Could not believe a) how small they were and b) how close the home and away ones are together.

Also heard that if we make the play offs, the pitch for the semi final could be like a sand pit as they’re planning on re turfing the pitch for next season which means they need to start work (removing layers etc) as soon as the normal season finishes on the 30th April.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 15:01]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 14:09 - Mar 9 with 3125 viewsFixed_It

I believe Marcus Evans was planning to have one installed, but was struggling to find a 60" screen black and white TV...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 14:14 - Mar 9 with 3058 viewsFixed_It

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 14:09 - Mar 9 by Kieran_Knows

The dugouts have been a massive bug bear of Ashtons the moment he walked through the door. Could not believe a) how small they were and b) how close the home and away ones are together.

Also heard that if we make the play offs, the pitch for the semi final could be like a sand pit as they’re planning on re turfing the pitch for next season which means they need to start work (removing layers etc) as soon as the normal season finishes on the 30th April.

The semi-final would be at Felixstowe's Goldstar Ground - def info.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 14:42 - Mar 9 with 2925 viewsSWGF

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 14:09 - Mar 9 by Kieran_Knows

Christ almighty, that sounds terrifying.

They'll rip your face off, given half a chance.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 14:55 - Mar 9 with 2852 viewsDubtractor

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 14:04 - Mar 9 by Dyland

I'm not against that per se but a little part of me will die. A little sad old barsteward, mind.

They'll have cheerleaders next Dyllers. It's a slippery slope.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 15:01 - Mar 9 with 2827 viewsPhilTWTD

They won't do anything until after the final match, indeed may well be something for next summer now anyway given the time available. No expert but I assume planning permission takes time to be sorted and then the hole has to be sorted in the corner. Pitch takes a while to be laid and ready in time for the new season.
Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 15:02 - Mar 9 with 2804 viewsjudespiveyg

Wait what's wrong with the scoreboards at Portman Road as they are? Would be a shame to see the old terrace steps in the corner go for the sake of creating some more digital advert space.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 15:06 - Mar 9 with 2758 viewsFixed_It

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 15:01 - Mar 9 by PhilTWTD

They won't do anything until after the final match, indeed may well be something for next summer now anyway given the time available. No expert but I assume planning permission takes time to be sorted and then the hole has to be sorted in the corner. Pitch takes a while to be laid and ready in time for the new season.

We could be playing our early season home games at Wembley. Or Colchester...

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 15:08 - Mar 9 with 2743 viewsPhilTWTD

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 15:06 - Mar 9 by Fixed_It

We could be playing our early season home games at Wembley. Or Colchester...

Or in the US!
Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 15:21 - Mar 9 with 2656 viewsPhilTWTD

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 15:01 - Mar 9 by PhilTWTD

Eight weeks is usual for approval I'm told by a more informed source - thanks Shefford Blue - which I assume means the pitch won't be done until next summer.
Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 15:30 - Mar 9 with 2576 viewsJon_456

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 15:21 - Mar 9 by PhilTWTD

Eight weeks is usual for approval I'm told by a more informed source - thanks Shefford Blue - which I assume means the pitch won't be done until next summer.

Is that for all of it or just the pitch / screen? Assume they can still go ahead with the dug outs this summer.
Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 15:32 - Mar 9 with 2563 viewsPhilTWTD

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 15:30 - Mar 9 by Jon_456

Is that for all of it or just the pitch / screen? Assume they can still go ahead with the dug outs this summer.

Assume the dugouts/screen would still be fine but it takes a while for the pitch to get laid and bedded in so I doubt there'd be time for that to be done.
Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 15:35 - Mar 9 with 2528 viewsIllinoisblue

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 15:08 - Mar 9 by PhilTWTD

Or in the US!

Make. This. Happen.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

thin end of the wedge innit (n/t) on 15:40 - Mar 9 with 2496 viewsDyland

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 14:55 - Mar 9 by Dubtractor

They'll have cheerleaders next Dyllers. It's a slippery slope.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 15:53 - Mar 9 with 2441 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 14:04 - Mar 9 by itfcsuth

I like that.

Dugouts massively need doing. Suspect they will build in to the stand in the dugouts.

As far as I can tell, section I1 (right behind the dugouts) has been unoccupied all season (even at the 29K match vs. Sunderland) so, yes, I believe they intend moving/expanding the dugouts area into that space.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 16:21 - Mar 9 with 2331 viewsMuncher

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 15:32 - Mar 9 by PhilTWTD

Assume the dugouts/screen would still be fine but it takes a while for the pitch to get laid and bedded in so I doubt there'd be time for that to be done.

I suspect the limiting factor for the pitch might be carrying out the works to facilitate access and put the screen in while simultaneously using that as an access point for the pitch works.

The pitch works, while extensive can probably be done in 8 weeks or so, here's a timelapse video of similar works being done at Villa Park.

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 16:31 - Mar 9 with 2290 viewsPhilTWTD

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 16:21 - Mar 9 by Muncher

I suspect the limiting factor for the pitch might be carrying out the works to facilitate access and put the screen in while simultaneously using that as an access point for the pitch works.

The pitch works, while extensive can probably be done in 8 weeks or so, here's a timelapse video of similar works being done at Villa Park.

Eight weeks from now takes us to early/mid-May, then the demolition work has to be done and presumably some building work so everything is safe and hunky dory, then another eight weeks of pitch work, which may be an underestimate as what they want to do is fairly extensive at a foundation level, undersoil heating etc, then we're getting awfully close to the start of the season, which is July 30th this year due to the World Cup.
Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 17:07 - Mar 9 with 2103 viewsSitfcB

Planning Permission Submitted For Big Screen At Portman Road on 15:02 - Mar 9 by judespiveyg

Wait what's wrong with the scoreboards at Portman Road as they are? Would be a shame to see the old terrace steps in the corner go for the sake of creating some more digital advert space.

Don’t be silly.

It’s not just for a big screen. It’s to have easier access into the stadium, so when we hosts concerts etc so lorries and the like can get in to set staging up and the like.

COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024