Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corrie McKeague Inquest 09:42 - Mar 10 with 2003 viewsblueasfook

Been following this story since he first went missing.

I think the most plausible explanation is he went off in the bin lorry. There is lots of supporting evidence for this.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 09:45 - Mar 10 with 1955 viewsTractorCam

This randomly popped back into my head the other day, I agree that's surely the only explanation.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 09:53 - Mar 10 with 1917 viewsblueasfook

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 09:45 - Mar 10 by TractorCam

This randomly popped back into my head the other day, I agree that's surely the only explanation.

Plus lots of supporting evidence as I said. His mobile signal tracking followed the path of the bin lorry, the load was 80kg heavier than average (about the weight of a grown man), he was known for kipping in rubbish after a few bevvies.

Just a shame his body couldnt be found so his family can lay him to rest

TWTD Veteran

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 09:53 - Mar 10 with 1900 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Me too. Can't see what other explanation there is.

V sad case but don't sleep in Bins!

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 09:55 - Mar 10 with 1905 viewsRobTheMonk

There was something that came out the other day about him having previous for sleeping in rubbish after a few too many beverages.

I think the bin lorry explanation is probably the most likely. The unknown must be horrible for the family and friends.
Corrie McKeague Inquest on 10:14 - Mar 10 with 1818 viewsbracknell_blue

The last sighting of him was just up the road from where I live. The police searched our shed. I knew it was nothing to do with me as I was in Cardiff all weekend. Very odd, but his behaviour was at times somewhat risky in my eyes and I would wager that he had, like so many others, a bit of a drink issue. Not that I have room to talk.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 10:24 - Mar 10 with 1744 viewsSitfcB

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 09:53 - Mar 10 by blueasfook

Plus lots of supporting evidence as I said. His mobile signal tracking followed the path of the bin lorry, the load was 80kg heavier than average (about the weight of a grown man), he was known for kipping in rubbish after a few bevvies.

Just a shame his body couldnt be found so his family can lay him to rest

80kg? I wish.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 10:25 - Mar 10 with 1743 viewsSitfcB

Agree. Sad they couldn’t find his remains at the tip they searched :(

COYB

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 10:34 - Mar 10 with 1716 viewsblueasfook

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 10:24 - Mar 10 by SitfcB

80kg? I wish.

Lay off the pies then fat boy

TWTD Veteran

Login to get fewer ads

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 11:03 - Mar 10 with 1676 viewsjacko77

Seemed obvious he was taken away in a bin lorry,why on earth they ruled it out at the time is beyond me!
Corrie McKeague Inquest on 11:08 - Mar 10 with 1658 viewsheavyweight

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 11:03 - Mar 10 by jacko77

Seemed obvious he was taken away in a bin lorry,why on earth they ruled it out at the time is beyond me!

Initially they got yhe weights wrong on the lorry and said they'd only collected 10kg of waste. It only came to light much later and by then it was so much harder to search the landfill site
Corrie McKeague Inquest on 15:44 - Mar 10 with 1406 viewsSitfcB

Bin man says no, interesting.

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2022-03-10/waste-collection-driver-says-missing-

COYB

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 16:58 - Mar 10 with 1282 viewsBrads

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 15:44 - Mar 10 by SitfcB

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2022-03-10/waste-collection-driver-says-missing-

He says there were only a few bags in there. A few bags don’t weigh 100kg so I’d take what he says with a pinch of salt.
Corrie McKeague Inquest on 22:07 - Mar 10 with 1103 viewsSitfcB

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 16:58 - Mar 10 by Brads

He says there were only a few bags in there. A few bags don’t weigh 100kg so I’d take what he says with a pinch of salt.

That wouldn’t have been the only bin they collected all night, silly.

COYB

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 22:18 - Mar 10 with 1087 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 22:07 - Mar 10 by SitfcB

It was the only bin between when the lorry was caught on camera each side of the less than a minute it took for the operative to park up, get out, look inside the bin, kick it hard enough to wake anyone asleep inside (I would posit that if he was sleeping off some drinks, there is no such thing - there isn't even for some sober people!), empty the bin into the lorry, get back in and drive back past the camera. I think this is the crux of the inquest.

Somehow it appears that McKeague ended up inside the lorry as the suspension dropped sufficiently for it to be around 80 kg heavier than when it first passed the camera. A very sad case for all involved, I am sure.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2022 22:22]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 22:57 - Mar 10 with 1018 viewsBrads

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 22:07 - Mar 10 by SitfcB

Not silly. It was the first stop. It’s now known that the weight of the waste collection from the ‘horseshoe’ on the night Corrie went missing was over 100kg. Police were initially told that it was 11kg but the investigation established that the info provided was incorrect. When the bin man was asked if he’d be surprised to hear that the weight was 100kg (having said that there wasn’t much
in there), he said he was…but stood by his stance. Hence why I said take it with a pinch of salt.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/corrie-mckeague-inquest-lorry-driver-bury-st-edmunds
Corrie McKeague Inquest on 09:02 - Mar 11 with 769 viewsZx1988

Corrie McKeague Inquest on 15:44 - Mar 10 by SitfcB

He would say that, though, wouldn't he?

I suppose it can be all too easy to omit safety checks when (no doubt) you're on a tight schedule and there's been absolutely no point in checking the bin the last 364 nights that you've been to empty it.

It's wonderfully convenient, though, that he saw someone fitting McKeague's description at the right moment that night and, despite no doubt seeing hundreds of people every night, this one person stuck in his mind sufficiently so that he was able to identify him as McKeague after the fact.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024