Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pompey fans, players and management 20:46 - Mar 12 with 3349 viewsEly_Blue

Celebrating a 0-0 in a game where they needed the 3 points as much as us like they had won the league.

Awful team who showed no desire to score or win for the whole of the 2nd half.

Can you imagine the uproar from our fans if we had gone to clubs just above us like Sheffield Weds or MK Dons and packed the middle of the park and show no desire to win, I’d be embarrassed if that was us yet for them it was some big celebration. Then on the way out their fans still lauding it up because they got more points than shots.

I can understand that mentality from a team like Cheltenham or Morecombe who are trying to stay in this league but for a team like Pompey who have ambitions of getting out of this league it makes my blood boil, I was expecting them to make a game of it but the time wasting from 50th minute onwards was appalling and the ref let them get away with it.

Did any of their strikers touch the ball in our box?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Pompey fans, players and management on 20:48 - Mar 12 with 2926 viewsFixed_It

Total lack of any footballing ambition. I guess we should take it as a compliment, but...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Pompey fans, players and management on 20:50 - Mar 12 with 2896 viewsVeggie

They had a chance that went just over the bar in the first half. I guess they see a draw away against us as a decent result. They still have games in hand on us. But it is insufferable when almost every week we see two players go down with ‘cramp’ simultaneously on 65 minutes so that the other players can go over and get a ‘drink’ (I.e. get coaching from their respective managers on how to cheat and slow the game down for a draw).
Pompey fans, players and management on 20:53 - Mar 12 with 2846 viewsElephantintheRoom

And why not? Avoiding defeat today has put them in the driving seat for a play off place IF they win one of their games in hand.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Pompey fans, players and management on 20:56 - Mar 12 with 2827 viewsIllinoisblue

Banter era crystal ball sees them winning playoffs. And Cowley bringing up the Jacobs transfer story again.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Pompey fans, players and management on 20:58 - Mar 12 with 2797 viewsGarv

They're two points behind us with two games in hand. Yes, they have to do something with those two games but getting above us is still in their hands.

I guess you could just say they probably knew they were much the inferior footballing side, and felt happy (lucky) to go away with a draw. I agree though, I'd be a bit deflated being a Pompey fan watching that.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Pompey fans, players and management on 22:25 - Mar 12 with 2494 viewsclive_baker

Pompey fans, players and management on 20:58 - Mar 12 by Garv

They're two points behind us with two games in hand. Yes, they have to do something with those two games but getting above us is still in their hands.

I guess you could just say they probably knew they were much the inferior footballing side, and felt happy (lucky) to go away with a draw. I agree though, I'd be a bit deflated being a Pompey fan watching that.

Getting above us doesn’t = playoffs though, we’re 9th.

I think for them they view it as a good away point, which is a compliment. In reality 1 points aren’t great for either side, I think we’ll both fall short of the p/offs but there’s reason for optimism under KM, our points yield is excellent we just had too much to do thanks to the poor start this season.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Pompey fans, players and management on 22:40 - Mar 12 with 2434 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pompey fans, players and management on 20:53 - Mar 12 by ElephantintheRoom

And why not? Avoiding defeat today has put them in the driving seat for a play off place IF they win one of their games in hand.

Quite. I’m sure the 3 points would have been preferred, but that was a much better point for them than us. Win their 2 games in hand over us and they’ll be 4 points ahead of us rather than on the same points, which they would be had they lost today. That was a classic six pointer for us today, but they nullified it. No wonder they were happy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Pompey fans, players and management on 06:28 - Mar 13 with 2131 viewstextbackup

All that being said, they might finish above us

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Pompey fans, players and management on 07:28 - Mar 13 with 2039 viewsArnieM

It’s a measure of how much other Clubs / Fans now view Town and respect us. It IS a “ result” to come away with a point from PR these days . Next season will be the same if not worse , with teams coming here snd parking the bus on their goal line playing break away football . We must get decent strikers in over the summer to capitalise on all our possession and good approach play.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Pompey fans, players and management on 07:40 - Mar 13 with 1998 viewsKieran_Knows

I cannot believe I even contemplated having Cowley here as manager.

I’d genuinely rather watch paint dry.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Pompey fans, players and management on 08:14 - Mar 13 with 1913 viewslazyblue

They got point away from home against in form Town side and with two games in hand which puts them in far better position than us.
Pompey fans, players and management on 08:32 - Mar 13 with 1863 viewstextbackup

Pompey fans, players and management on 07:28 - Mar 13 by ArnieM

It’s a measure of how much other Clubs / Fans now view Town and respect us. It IS a “ result” to come away with a point from PR these days . Next season will be the same if not worse , with teams coming here snd parking the bus on their goal line playing break away football . We must get decent strikers in over the summer to capitalise on all our possession and good approach play.

we will need to come out of the blocks flying to get early goals in home games especially, the longer its stays 0-0 the more difficult it becomes

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Pompey fans, players and management on 15:17 - Mar 13 with 1578 viewsblueocean

Pompey fans, players and management on 07:28 - Mar 13 by ArnieM

I think you're being a little arrogant with that comment. A point against Ipswich was a good point for us. Sorry to burst your bubble but you aren't that good. Just a club that are above us so naturally we couldn't afford to lose and we didn't = a good point. If you can't win don't lose is the motto.
Pompey fans, players and management on 15:20 - Mar 13 with 1559 viewsnoggin

Pompey fans, players and management on 15:17 - Mar 13 by blueocean

I think you're being a little arrogant with that comment. A point against Ipswich was a good point for us. Sorry to burst your bubble but you aren't that good. Just a club that are above us so naturally we couldn't afford to lose and we didn't = a good point. If you can't win don't lose is the motto.

What did he say that was wrong?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Pompey fans, players and management on 15:44 - Mar 13 with 1492 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This is why they will finish 8th. No desire to win.

We need to continue what we are doing and take enough chances to convert some of these draws into wins. We can still make it (although it is back to being as unlikely as it was when Cook was sacked). I don't think we will play for a draw in our next two matches. Win them both and things look much better again. COYB!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Pompey fans, players and management on 15:52 - Mar 13 with 1464 viewspointofblue

If we aren't that good, goodness knows what that makes Portsmouth...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Pompey fans, players and management on 15:53 - Mar 13 with 1464 viewsVic

A win for us would have made things much more difficult for them, so a draw was a good result for them.

Had we been in their position we’d have been very happy with a point.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Pompey fans, players and management on 15:56 - Mar 13 with 1448 viewsjeera

"a good point. If you can't win don't lose is the motto."

You have literally agreed with him whilst calling him arrogant.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Pompey fans, players and management on 15:58 - Mar 13 with 1428 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Pompey fans, players and management on 15:53 - Mar 13 by Vic

A win for us would have made things much more difficult for them, so a draw was a good result for them.

Had we been in their position we’d have been very happy with a point.

Do you really think so? A draw away to a side in 9th leaving us 7 points away from the play-offs and never even really trying to win the match? They have played the same number of games as Plymouth in 6th too.

I can't think many fans would have been happy with that to be honest.

Pompey fans, players and management on 15:59 - Mar 13 with 1420 viewsBLUEBEAT

Michael Appleton stated that ITFC are “comfortably the best side in this division by a distance”

I’m not sure who I believe now… an experienced player/manager or blueocean 🤔

Poll: W or W

Pompey fans, players and management on 16:02 - Mar 13 with 1392 viewsjeera

Pompey fans, players and management on 15:59 - Mar 13 by BLUEBEAT

Michael Appleton stated that ITFC are “comfortably the best side in this division by a distance”

I don't think they've sent their brightest to represent them here.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Pompey fans, players and management on 16:02 - Mar 13 with 1391 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Pompey fans, players and management on 15:59 - Mar 13 by BLUEBEAT

Shame the League table doesn't agree. Let's hope it does next season (unless we can storm the rest of this one and go up)!

Pompey fans, players and management on 16:04 - Mar 13 with 1376 viewspointofblue

Pompey fans, players and management on 15:58 - Mar 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Do you really think so? A draw away to a side in 9th leaving us 7 points away from the play-offs and never even really trying to win the match? They have played the same number of games as Plymouth in 6th too.

I can't think many fans would have been happy with that to be honest.

They've played two less than Sunderland in fifth though; win both and they'll be two points off them which isn't insurmountable.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Pompey fans, players and management on 16:18 - Mar 13 with 1317 viewsMaySixth

I thought their fans were excellent.
Big numbers and vocal.
Fair play

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Pompey fans, players and management on 16:23 - Mar 13 with 1284 viewsjayessess

Makes it an even weirder strategy, doesn't it? You've got as much ground as us to make up and half your games are against teams above us in the league. Our best player limped off after 15 minutes too. Finishing above us isn't really your main issue.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024