Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How does KM solve the striker problem? 08:13 - Mar 13 with 1698 views3_5_2

Whichever league we are in next season, likely to be this one because of our inability to score goals in games we dominate, what do people think Kieran will do?

Work with what we have ?

Bring his own players in?

I can see Norwood and Bonne going

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

How does KM solve the striker problem? on 08:16 - Mar 13 with 1670 viewsSheffordBlue

A Morsy level striker signing from the Championship coupled with a Prem youngster loanee. Think Jackson will stay as McKenna rates his pace. Think Piggott will stay, mainly due to his contract length but his play with his back to goal is good.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

How does KM solve the striker problem? on 08:28 - Mar 13 with 1608 viewstextbackup

i think we go big in the summer, for a marquee striker.

having a spine of the team (walton, edmundsen, morsy, XXXX) of players that would be very comfortable in a top 10 championship team.

ive no idea who, as i dont follow championship football, but i think we'll go big

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How does KM solve the striker problem? on 09:07 - Mar 13 with 1522 viewsBobbychase

I can see a scenario where none of the current four senior strikers are at the club next season and, aside from the emotional tie we have to Bonne, it wouldn't bother me.

Gamechanger and Ashton know they have the right man now, and they'll back him in the summer. I hope ST sales reflect how impressive he has been as well, as revenue will partly dictate our spending.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

How does KM solve the striker problem? on 09:10 - Mar 13 with 1504 viewstextbackup

How does KM solve the striker problem? on 09:07 - Mar 13 by Bobbychase

I can see a scenario where none of the current four senior strikers are at the club next season and, aside from the emotional tie we have to Bonne, it wouldn't bother me.

Gamechanger and Ashton know they have the right man now, and they'll back him in the summer. I hope ST sales reflect how impressive he has been as well, as revenue will partly dictate our spending.

i think our pricing is really decent currently for ST's.... but i wonder if they'll come up with some insane deal to get more people in

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How does KM solve the striker problem? on 09:28 - Mar 13 with 1424 viewsbazza

How does KM solve the striker problem? on 08:28 - Mar 13 by textbackup

having a spine of the team (walton, edmundsen, morsy, XXXX) of players that would be very comfortable in a top 10 championship team.

ive no idea who, as i dont follow championship football, but i think we'll go big

If we had half the points dropped in the games under cook, we’d be joint top, even with the strikers we’ve got, if we keep the core of The team and get a decent striker in, maybe someone’s of burns quality on the left as well, we would run riot next season… if we’re still in league one.. never give up Until it’s an impossibility I suppose. A little bit of me would like to see us romp The league and go up as winners next season tho.
How does KM solve the striker problem? on 09:59 - Mar 13 with 1334 viewsLeoMuff

How does KM solve the striker problem? on 08:28 - Mar 13 by textbackup

Not going to be easy getting someone like that with the wage to turnove4 restrictions and just the fact everyone wants a goal scorer. Fingers crossed though.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

How does KM solve the striker problem? on 10:00 - Mar 13 with 1327 viewstractorboy1978

How does KM solve the striker problem? on 09:59 - Mar 13 by LeoMuff

Not going to be easy getting someone like that with the wage to turnove4 restrictions and just the fact everyone wants a goal scorer. Fingers crossed though.

I reckon you'd be surprised how much Bonne is costing us at the moment.
How does KM solve the striker problem? on 10:05 - Mar 13 with 1315 viewsDarth_Koont

Not sure it’s quite as simple as changing the strikers. Although probable that Bonne and Norwood will leave and another couple (plus Simpson and maybe Morris or someone else from the younger fringes) will join Jackson and Pigott. And I think we can add Chaplin into the mix too as a support striker.

But I think the hard part is to discern our attacking approach from deeper and in the build up. It’s very clear what we are doing on the right with Burns largely free from defensive duties and Donacien backing up/overlapping. But in the centre and on the left we don’t look that effective or structured.

I think that’s why Jackson has emerged as the best solution currently as his pace and mobility let him run into space and pick up scraps/hopeful through balls. He doesn’t need any structure in the attack to operate. But Bonne, Pigott and Norwood need that as they are much more reliant on getting the ball in position.

Ironically, I thought we did some of the best work this season down the left yesterday when Chaplin, Celina and Carroll combined (with Thompson occasionally getting right up there). But we do a similar job consistently on the right with just Burns and Donacien. Finding a similar simplicity and partnership on the left looks vital. But do that and it probably means we can have strikers to get on the end of crosses/passes inside and finish chances rather than needing strikers to help build the attack itself.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

How does KM solve the striker problem? on 10:23 - Mar 13 with 1250 viewsITFC_Forever

How does KM solve the striker problem? on 09:59 - Mar 13 by LeoMuff

We’ve also sold a few on in January and Bonne and Celina’s wages will be freed up, so we won’t be as close to it as people think.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How does KM solve the striker problem? on 10:25 - Mar 13 with 1235 viewsjayessess

Jackson's injury probably opens things up a bit in terms of who stays. With only Saturday games we were probably going to see Kayden start more or less all 8. Door would've firmly shut on Norwood and Bonne. Either gets on a run now then there's every chance they get brought back after the Summer.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

How does KM solve the striker problem? on 11:50 - Mar 13 with 1095 viewsLankHenners

Can see 2 out 2 in, probably Bonne not returning and moving Norwood on as I think Pigott is more coachable and if McKenna can get him playing well his attributes suit the playing style.

Thing is all four of them have a good mix of attributes (Jackson great pace, stretches the defence; Bonne good on the shoulder, strong; Pigott holds the ball up, brings others in; Norwood a nuisance, runs hard) but apart from Jackson right now they're all out of form and showing the weaknesses in their game more than anything else.

Not sure it's all on them though - Celina's had chances which he should have done better from (thought if he just put his foot through the near-post chance yesterday rather than try and slide it under the 'keeper he'd have scored) and the CBs have got their heads/outstretched feet onto balls but not managed to divert them on target.

McKenna came into a situation where we were leaky and not scoring many, he's done excellently at fixing the former but it's tough to also get the latter up and running properly. I can see a relative coup of a prem loanee striker on loan plus another 'interest from Champ clubs but Town made the best offer' type signing in the summer. Would be good to have a look at Simpson but seems he's pissed off with us and isn't budging on the club's hardball tactic to get him to sign a new deal.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

How does KM solve the striker problem? on 12:40 - Mar 13 with 998 viewsWickets

For me i'm not sure we have a striker problem for me our problem is as KM pointed out a couple of games ago , getting more bodies into the box . When we do that we will score more . You can add goals from set pieces as that also seems a problem .
How does KM solve the striker problem? on 23:59 - Mar 14 with 662 viewsDevereuxxx

I think we have to bring at least 1 striker in. Bonne will return, and it's probably a good thing we didn't make it permanent in January, and I can't see Norwood getting a contract. Piggott is a difficult one as he's on a longer contract but I can still see him going if a decent offer comes in, ala Fraser.

Someone like Jonson Clarke-Harris would make sense to me. Peterborough are clearly doomed in the Championship, you'd like to think we could prise him away and last season scored a truckload of goals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024