Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... 08:33 - Mar 13 with 1291 viewstractorboy1978

If we are still in this division next year, which is looking increasingly likely. We are the best team in the league now and able to control/dominate games but we need to add that ability to find a way to get over the line.

Portsmouth getting a lot of stick for yesterday - it might have been negative but they are managing their season and have the benefit of two games in hand. They could not afford to lose against us yesterday, which they would of had they tried to take us on and not sh!thouse the second half away.

We are paying for the terrible first 6 games of the season, where we only picked up 3 points.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2022 8:34]
We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 15:11 - Mar 13 with 1118 viewsblueocean

How can you be the best. You hardly had a shot on target all game. Thanks for the point.
We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 17:19 - Mar 13 with 1045 viewsEly_Blue

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 15:11 - Mar 13 by blueocean

How can you be the best. You hardly had a shot on target all game. Thanks for the point.

As opposed to a team who got more points than they had shots on target!

Jeez if you lot make the play offs and come up against another team better than you are you going to play for a 0-0 and hope to win it on penalties? 😂😂😂

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:01 - Mar 13 with 955 viewsblueocean

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 17:19 - Mar 13 by Ely_Blue

Jeez if you lot make the play offs and come up against another team better than you are you going to play for a 0-0 and hope to win it on penalties? 😂😂😂

Like I said Thanks for the point..If you can't win don't lose
We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:13 - Mar 13 with 914 viewsFrimleyBlue

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:01 - Mar 13 by blueocean

No, thank you for the 4 :)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:15 - Mar 13 with 915 viewsPompey1234

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 17:19 - Mar 13 by Ely_Blue

Well done. Did you get anymore points than us yesterday?
You've scored 8 times in 9 games. We've scored 19 in the same games. And we are boring?
We did a job yesterday. It wasn't pretty and we will need to play better. But we have taken 20 out of 24 points just recently. We didn't play well but did walk out with the same as you.
You might want to think on that.
We recently played almost an entire game with just 10 men and won 4-0. We have just 13 fit outfield players as of yesterday whilst you have 20 something half decent players. You're ready to go up, we are investing in the stadium and are not but over the season so far, I'd argue we are having a better season than you. We know we will be in this div next season.so will you most likely.
We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:18 - Mar 13 with 899 viewsFrimleyBlue

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:15 - Mar 13 by Pompey1234

You've scored 8 times in 9 games. We've scored 19 in the same games. And we are boring?
We did a job yesterday. It wasn't pretty and we will need to play better. But we have taken 20 out of 24 points just recently. We didn't play well but did walk out with the same as you.
We recently played almost an entire game with just 10 men and won 4-0. We have just 13 fit outfield players as of yesterday whilst you have 20 something half decent players. You're ready to go up, we are investing in the stadium and are not but over the season so far, I'd argue we are having a better season than you. We know we will be in this div next season.so will you most likely.

Bless. Coming onto an ipswich forum to boast about getting a point and scoring some goals in previous games.

Bit odd.

Waka waka eh eh

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:21 - Mar 13 with 885 viewspointofblue

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:18 - Mar 13 by FrimleyBlue

Bless. Coming onto an ipswich forum to boast about getting a point and scoring some goals in previous games.

Bit odd.

Though they have a point when it comes to scoring - nine goals in eight games is a poor return considering the players we have at our disposal, and seven of those came in three matches (Burton, Fleetwood and Lincoln).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:27 - Mar 13 with 867 viewsFrimleyBlue

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:21 - Mar 13 by pointofblue

Though they have a point when it comes to scoring - nine goals in eight games is a poor return considering the players we have at our disposal, and seven of those came in three matches (Burton, Fleetwood and Lincoln).

Which is something we all know anyway lol otherwise we wouldn't have drawn 3 games recently.

It'll come. For next season probably. But the main thing is we've seen a vast improvement on controlling games whilst creating opportunities ( just lacking that calmness in front if goal)

Jackson. Celina, wofly header and an incorrect offside. The difference again from an easily controlled win to being a draw.

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:33 - Mar 13 with 862 viewsDavoIPB

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:15 - Mar 13 by Pompey1234

The opposition must have been awful because we made you look really ordinary. You were hanging on for 45 minutes. Even your manager tried to desperately hold up play and cheat. Absolutely played you off the park in midfield with our movement and passing. We just don't have a decent striker. If we did we would have walked it.
We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:35 - Mar 13 with 856 viewspointofblue

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:33 - Mar 13 by DavoIPB

The opposition must have been awful because we made you look really ordinary. You were hanging on for 45 minutes. Even your manager tried to desperately hold up play and cheat. Absolutely played you off the park in midfield with our movement and passing. We just don't have a decent striker. If we did we would have walked it.

Our second choice midfield as well. No lead centre back, no lead central midfielder for the most part and no number two centre midfielder from the off, our in form striker off just before half time and yet we more than controlled the second half.

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:44 - Mar 13 with 838 viewsPompey1234

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:33 - Mar 13 by DavoIPB

We will see. You have oxford shortly and we put three passed them and should've had a couple more.
The point is, if you're not playing well or if the opposition are on it. Take what you can. We did. We got the same as you, now we move on and go again. That's football and why we love it.
You're in a good position but you're not great, far from it. Remember not so long ago it was doom and gloom on here weekly and in fact, for some seasons.
Every dog has its day, you deserve some sunshine
We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:49 - Mar 13 with 811 viewsjeera

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:01 - Mar 13 by blueocean

Admin, what's the point of this div? ^

He just keeps posting the same thing.

As far as trolls go he's not even got anything to offer on that count either.

At least his mate is trying to make a conversation of it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:54 - Mar 13 with 799 viewsVeggie

Didn’t realise this was the Portsmouth forum
We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:55 - Mar 13 with 795 viewspointofblue

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:44 - Mar 13 by Pompey1234

We will see. You have oxford shortly and we put three passed them and should've had a couple more.
The point is, if you're not playing well or if the opposition are on it. Take what you can. We did. We got the same as you, now we move on and go again. That's football and why we love it.
You're in a good position but you're not great, far from it. Remember not so long ago it was doom and gloom on here weekly and in fact, for some seasons.
Every dog has its day, you deserve some sunshine

But isn't that what the OP is saying?

Our expectation, not unreasonably as I think a lot of opposition fans had the same thoughts seeing our changes to the squad last summer, was to dominate games particularly at home and pick up a lot of wins. Naturally, if we are playing like that (and we haven't nearly enough this season prior to McKenna's arrival), the opposition is likely to dig in, become compact, play the percentages, look to counter but be pleased with the point if they manage to get one. We have to work to break down this approach and, at the moment, it's still a failing of ours whilst the rest of our play has come together.

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 22:02 - Mar 13 with 790 viewsPompey1234

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:49 - Mar 13 by jeera

Admin, what's the point of this div? ^

He just keeps posting the same thing.

As far as trolls go he's not even got anything to offer on that count either.

At least his mate is trying to make a conversation of it.

Not my mate!
And I bet there are a few tools here that you wish could be put away in a box.
I'm just here for the discussion of the game.
For me, we were away against what is an expensive side which is getting into its stride after underperforming for much of the season.pompey are on a good run, one of the bigger sides and have a great following away from home who always try to enjoy their day out.
We held on for a point in the end. We certainly left a good impression as fans and fully participated in the day.
We are both on great runs but may have left it just a bit late.
For me ipswich are ready to go up but you are short of at least one quality striker. Every team needs one and whilst you've spent money, you need to find that special forward in your own ranks because even you can not afford the price they come at in the championship.
For all your possession, you actually were very poor in front of goal. Just 8 scored in 9 backs that up.
Pompey continue to rebuild and this summer will see us do just that with funds finally available.
Good luck and regards
We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 22:08 - Mar 13 with 765 viewsSwansea_Blue

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 21:21 - Mar 13 by pointofblue

We know that. We're not the only ones mind, as Rotherham have score 1 less than us over the last 9 games (10 to our 9). It's obviously an issue but it's only half the story of course. And it's not as if we're parking the bus to keep those clean sheets - we had over twice the number of chances as Pompey yesterday. And that's been normal.

Ignore them. They've got simplistic, pointless 'arguments' and I suspect they're just here looking for compliments on their natural size (or lack of)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 22:10 - Mar 13 with 756 viewsFrimleyBlue

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 22:02 - Mar 13 by Pompey1234

Not my mate!
And I bet there are a few tools here that you wish could be put away in a box.
I'm just here for the discussion of the game.
For me, we were away against what is an expensive side which is getting into its stride after underperforming for much of the season.pompey are on a good run, one of the bigger sides and have a great following away from home who always try to enjoy their day out.
We held on for a point in the end. We certainly left a good impression as fans and fully participated in the day.
We are both on great runs but may have left it just a bit late.
For me ipswich are ready to go up but you are short of at least one quality striker. Every team needs one and whilst you've spent money, you need to find that special forward in your own ranks because even you can not afford the price they come at in the championship.
For all your possession, you actually were very poor in front of goal. Just 8 scored in 9 backs that up.
Pompey continue to rebuild and this summer will see us do just that with funds finally available.
Good luck and regards

Don't you think you're pointing out the obvious when it comes to goals scored, we aren't blind lol.

You've yet to discuss the game other than point out the cost of the squads and talking about your squad size but ignoring our own injury problems

Feel free to talk about the actual game itself...

Waka waka eh eh

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 22:20 - Mar 13 with 740 viewsPompey1234

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 22:10 - Mar 13 by FrimleyBlue

Don't you think you're pointing out the obvious when it comes to goals scored, we aren't blind lol.

You've yet to discuss the game other than point out the cost of the squads and talking about your squad size but ignoring our own injury problems

Feel free to talk about the actual game itself...

I did on another thread.
I but no problem.
I thought you played well in the opening 15 mins. Morsy was a problem and it seemed to affect you upto halftime. Pompey looked tired having played 3 games in a week including 1 game almost entirely with 10 men.
We certainly came into the fame as the half wore on and it was our fans that were singing.
The second half we tired as we knew we would with such a small squad. It will be our problem as the season gets to the business end. That being said, ipswich played better football without ever really threatening. You were unlucky with the goal. I'd of been pissed at that.
At the final whistle we were more happy with a point than you were and that in itself says something. I had a good day out but its a hell of a drive to Norfolk from pompey and I was glad to get home.
You see it any differently then?
We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 22:30 - Mar 13 with 662 viewsFrimleyBlue

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 22:20 - Mar 13 by Pompey1234

I did on another thread.
I but no problem.
I thought you played well in the opening 15 mins. Morsy was a problem and it seemed to affect you upto halftime. Pompey looked tired having played 3 games in a week including 1 game almost entirely with 10 men.
We certainly came into the fame as the half wore on and it was our fans that were singing.
The second half we tired as we knew we would with such a small squad. It will be our problem as the season gets to the business end. That being said, ipswich played better football without ever really threatening. You were unlucky with the goal. I'd of been pissed at that.
At the final whistle we were more happy with a point than you were and that in itself says something. I had a good day out but its a hell of a drive to Norfolk from pompey and I was glad to get home.
You see it any differently then?

Lol. Good try with the Norfolk.

But I see it as two tired teams having both played 3 games in a week with injuries and a recently ill midfielder still controlling a game and again not giving away any chances against a side on free scoring games of fun.

We could and probably should have had at least 3 goals even if you ignore the incorrect offside.

Neither side should be happy with a point tbh. Footballs about winning, you lose any future fixture, you may look back at this game and wonder why you didn't go for the win when we had our key players injured.

Good to see pompy up there tho. After the millions spent to win the fa cup and the relegations etc after. They are a side you're used to seeing giving it a go.

Waka waka eh eh

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 22:39 - Mar 13 with 651 viewsPompey1234

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 22:30 - Mar 13 by FrimleyBlue

Lol. Good try with the Norfolk.

But I see it as two tired teams having both played 3 games in a week with injuries and a recently ill midfielder still controlling a game and again not giving away any chances against a side on free scoring games of fun.

We could and probably should have had at least 3 goals even if you ignore the incorrect offside.

Neither side should be happy with a point tbh. Footballs about winning, you lose any future fixture, you may look back at this game and wonder why you didn't go for the win when we had our key players injured.

Good to see pompy up there tho. After the millions spent to win the fa cup and the relegations etc after. They are a side you're used to seeing giving it a go.

🤣
Norfolk, I had to have some fun.
You're right about pompey normally have a go.
Cowley still has a chance to get into play offs with our games in hand but we baulked at paying money with no fans after a covid lockdown.thankfully as a club we are in the black and now own a good training facility and investing in the ground. That means we have been frugal in buying players.
It'll come again, we are like you, a championship club underachieving presently.
You're ready, we are not!
Good luck, I hope it happens for you this year. I'd love to see chappers get another go in the championship
We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 22:42 - Mar 13 with 635 viewsFrimleyBlue

We are going to have to get used to that sort of away performance I'm afraid... on 22:39 - Mar 13 by Pompey1234

🤣
Norfolk, I had to have some fun.
You're right about pompey normally have a go.
Cowley still has a chance to get into play offs with our games in hand but we baulked at paying money with no fans after a covid lockdown.thankfully as a club we are in the black and now own a good training facility and investing in the ground. That means we have been frugal in buying players.
It'll come again, we are like you, a championship club underachieving presently.
You're ready, we are not!
Good luck, I hope it happens for you this year. I'd love to see chappers get another go in the championship

Can't see it being this year tbh. PC left us to much to do.
With the ppg KM has had that puts us into the top end of the table yet still sit 9th after what feels like 100 games.

Lots to be said about being careful with finances. Despite our new owners it was good to see our net spend worked out as break even when you include the sales made on players. So it's good to be doing similar to other sides in the league and paying low figures for players or finding free transfers.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024