Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson 11:30 - Mar 13 with 2659 viewsbournemouthblue

Is he just unlikely to sign now, it feels such a waste, even if he may or may not be ready currently, he looks like the best striker we have produced for a while?

Edit: I'll rebump this, what's the story with Simpson

Is he likely to be leaving?

It seems a waste, he's a really raw talent
[Post edited 10 Apr 2022 16:18]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 12:40 - Mar 13 with 2564 viewsstopmoaning

We have an option on another year, so he’s not going anywhere for a real it seems?
What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 13:06 - Mar 13 with 2504 viewsChurchman

He did well for a L2 club for half a season, looks powerful and quick for a big bloke.

It depends on whether he is good enough to play at this level and he wants to play for us. If we have the choice of another year on him, take it up and see where we go with him. If he still wants away, sell him. We only want people at the club who wish to be here.

A couple of months ago, Jackson was history as was Donacien last summer. I suspect Jackson might be offered another contract if he wants it and Donacien is one of the first names on the team sheet. Amazing how quickly things change.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 8:47]
What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 13:37 - Mar 13 with 2416 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I wouldn’t lose too much sleep over it tbh. A successful half season loan in League 2 means very little, because the jump to the next level is significant. Both Sears and Drinan scored more goals over the same period and neither could buy a goal in League 1. Add to that that the Club doesn’t want players who can cope with League 1, our aspirations are much higher.

He’s worth a punt, but not much more at this stage. I’d take the option on him and sell him over the summer if he continues to play games over his contract. If he can’t see the sense of being part of the project he’s not worth bothering with
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 19:49]

Poll: Our final position

What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 13:43 - Mar 13 with 2398 viewsNthQldITFC

From the limited amount I've seen of him, I'm not sure he's the right type of forward for a McKenna team. Half-season loan out with a view to a January sale I would think.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 20:22 - Mar 13 with 2111 viewsstrikalite

What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 13:43 - Mar 13 by NthQldITFC

From the limited amount I've seen of him, I'm not sure he's the right type of forward for a McKenna team. Half-season loan out with a view to a January sale I would think.

Championship Clubs were interested, take the year option and loan him out again, if he proves good enough then they'll be queuing up to sign him next Jan...
What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 20:28 - Mar 13 with 2102 viewsTown_Boy

Clearly doesn’t want to sign the contract. If we were so keen we would offer something else.

He’s deleted his itfc photos from his Instagram so he isn’t bothered..

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 20:52 - Mar 13 with 2025 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 20:28 - Mar 13 by Town_Boy

Clearly doesn’t want to sign the contract. If we were so keen we would offer something else.

He’s deleted his itfc photos from his Instagram so he isn’t bothered..

Wow really ? Sounds like things are beyond reconciliation - shame
What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 20:55 - Mar 13 with 2016 viewsitfcjoe

Hopefully things can get worked out, but he is currently injured - now Jackson is out for the season most likely it would be good to see him here after his excellent spell at Swindon

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 21:22 - Mar 13 with 1937 viewsDavoIPB

Not really good enough is the view. Not proved at lg1. Lg2 standard is really poor in comparison. Big, strong can run and hit a good shot but still not lg1 standard yet and doesn't fit our style of play.
What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 22:50 - Mar 13 with 1870 viewsVeggie

He’s injured isn’t he? I wouldn’t mind giving him a go off the bench. He can’t be any worse than Bonne on current form.
What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 23:24 - Mar 13 with 1805 viewsBugs

What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 22:50 - Mar 13 by Veggie

He’s injured isn’t he? I wouldn’t mind giving him a go off the bench. He can’t be any worse than Bonne on current form.

Gotta say, I thought Bonne did alright when he came on on Saturday.

He led the line well keeping and laying off the ball far better than in his previous games. He might (I hope I'm not clutching at straws) just might be getting back into form.
What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 06:44 - Mar 14 with 1676 viewsVeggie

What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 23:24 - Mar 13 by Bugs

Gotta say, I thought Bonne did alright when he came on on Saturday.

He led the line well keeping and laying off the ball far better than in his previous games. He might (I hope I'm not clutching at straws) just might be getting back into form.

I don’t know. He doesn’t really seem to fit McKenna’s style as well as Jackson does.
What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 07:19 - Mar 14 with 1610 viewsRadlett_blue

What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 22:50 - Mar 13 by Veggie

The idea that Simpson might be better at doing the target man job in League 1 than Bonne is completely fanciful. As some have pointed out, Sears & Drinan have been doing well at League 2 level. He might be good enough eventually, but he needs more experience & good coaching. If Simpson won't sign a new contract, we should probably trigger the extension & then sell him to a Championship club that wants to take a punt. If we loan him out again, he'll have very little transfer value by January.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 16:18 - Apr 10 with 1234 viewsbournemouthblue

I'll rebump this, what's the story with Simpson

Is he likely to be leaving?

It seems a waste, he's a really raw talent

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 18:02 - Apr 10 with 1061 viewswrightsrightglove

What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 07:19 - Mar 14 by Radlett_blue

The idea that Simpson might be better at doing the target man job in League 1 than Bonne is completely fanciful. As some have pointed out, Sears & Drinan have been doing well at League 2 level. He might be good enough eventually, but he needs more experience & good coaching. If Simpson won't sign a new contract, we should probably trigger the extension & then sell him to a Championship club that wants to take a punt. If we loan him out again, he'll have very little transfer value by January.

Will we be due compensation if we take the option and then he leaves at the end of next season? If so I’d trigger the option and then take a view on him. Depends how KM sees him fitting in and how close he is to first team action but if he can make an impact next season then keep him around and deal with the contract / compensation situation later on.
What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 18:21 - Apr 10 with 1019 viewsHipsterectomy

What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 12:40 - Mar 13 by stopmoaning

We have an option on another year, so he’s not going anywhere for a real it seems?

I doubt we would pull rank on the option if he has no desire to be here (if that is the case).

tbh i've heard nothing from people that he wants to stay at the club and he probably won't even be 4th choice striker next season with the exodus and striker recruitment

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 19:47 - Apr 10 with 922 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Remember when we all lost with Mick over Marritot leaving? He's had 2 good seasons since, one in L1. Who knows knows at his age but I feel if it's not sorted come mid summer game changer would want to maximise his value and the hype that is now swirling around him

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 20:21 - Apr 10 with 875 viewsitfcjoe

What's the feeling with Tyreece Simpson on 19:47 - Apr 10 by BlueandTruesince82

Remember when we all lost with Mick over Marritot leaving? He's had 2 good seasons since, one in L1. Who knows knows at his age but I feel if it's not sorted come mid summer game changer would want to maximise his value and the hype that is now swirling around him

They’ve already turned down interest from Champ clubs so guess they are expecting him to sign

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024