Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boxing fans 16:12 - Mar 13 with 1232 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Do yourself a favor and find the full re-run of Wood v Conlan last night!
Boxing fans on 16:15 - Mar 13 with 1225 viewsgtsb1966

Boxing fans on 17:24 - Mar 13 with 1136 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Incredible fight.

Conlan needed to get off the ropes at the end. Adam Booth kept telling him. He boxed superbly up to that point.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Boxing fans on 17:26 - Mar 13 with 1133 viewsZXBlue

Boxing fans on 17:24 - Mar 13 by TRUE_BLUE123

Incredible fight.

Conlan needed to get off the ropes at the end. Adam Booth kept telling him. He boxed superbly up to that point.

There is a serious question to ask about celebrating a sport in which a man was nearly in a very serious state, as a result of the entire purpose being to beat him senseless.
Boxing fans on 17:39 - Mar 13 with 1109 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Boxing fans on 17:26 - Mar 13 by ZXBlue

There is a serious question to ask about celebrating a sport in which a man was nearly in a very serious state, as a result of the entire purpose being to beat him senseless.

Boxing has provided a lot of (sometimes troubled) young men a focus and a purpose. Do you think that lad from Belfast would be as successful and financially secure as he is today with out it? There’s things a lot worse than boxing to worry about in the world.

[Post edited 13 Mar 2022 17:40]
Boxing fans on 17:46 - Mar 13 with 1083 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Boxing fans on 17:39 - Mar 13 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Boxing has provided a lot of (sometimes troubled) young men a focus and a purpose. Do you think that lad from Belfast would be as successful and financially secure as he is today with out it? There’s things a lot worse than boxing to worry about in the world.

Im not even going to reply to the guy, as this is exactly what I would say.

AJ is the perfect example, he was on tag before he found boxing.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Boxing fans on 17:46 - Mar 13 with 1082 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Boxing fans on 17:24 - Mar 13 by TRUE_BLUE123

Incredible fight.

Was so far ahead, should have just ran away from Wood the last 6 minutes instead of trading blow for blow with him. Was glad to see him lose though. Didn’t love the Up Ra entrance at MSG the other year, obviously I am pleased he is physically ok.

Wood is a great story late in his career. Will probably fight at the city ground next v Warrington or Santa Cruz.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2022 17:50]
Boxing fans on 17:47 - Mar 13 with 1078 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Boxing fans on 17:46 - Mar 13 by TRUE_BLUE123

Im not even going to reply to the guy, as this is exactly what I would say.

AJ is the perfect example, he was on tag before he found boxing.

Yes I’d argue being in the gym is better than dealing drugs or eating fast food every night.
Boxing fans on 17:52 - Mar 13 with 1059 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Boxing fans on 17:46 - Mar 13 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Was so far ahead, should have just ran away from Wood the last 6 minutes instead of trading blow for blow with him. Was glad to see him lose though. Didn’t love the Up Ra entrance at MSG the other year, obviously I am pleased he is physically ok.

Wood is a great story late in his career. Will probably fight at the city ground next v Warrington or Santa Cruz.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2022 17:50]

The official cards had Conlan two rounds up x2 and Conlan up 1 round x1. Terrible cards, and that Knockdown was defo a slip. But as you say, he would've won, so needed to just pick his shots instead of trying to trade with a much bigger puncher.

I like the Santa Cruz fight. Think Warrington has to fight Lara next to close that chapter and apparently he wants to, but Lara is an animal, so I doubt it.

Login to get fewer ads

Boxing fans on 17:57 - Mar 13 with 1049 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Boxing fans on 17:52 - Mar 13 by TRUE_BLUE123

The official cards had Conlan two rounds up x2 and Conlan up 1 round x1. Terrible cards, and that Knockdown was defo a slip. But as you say, he would've won, so needed to just pick his shots instead of trying to trade with a much bigger puncher.

I like the Santa Cruz fight. Think Warrington has to fight Lara next to close that chapter and apparently he wants to, but Lara is an animal, so I doubt it.

11th round was 100% a knockdown doesn’t matter if you slightly slip, he got caught on the chin.
Boxing fans on 18:06 - Mar 13 with 1037 viewsfactual_blue

Boxing fans on 17:39 - Mar 13 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Boxing fans on 18:09 - Mar 13 with 1030 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Boxing fans on 18:06 - Mar 13 by factual_blue

What else should we ban then?
Boxing fans on 18:14 - Mar 13 with 1002 viewsfactual_blue

Boxing fans on 18:09 - Mar 13 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

What else should we ban then?

Soppy boys' scripted rugby?

Boxing fans on 18:16 - Mar 13 with 1000 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Boxing fans on 18:14 - Mar 13 by factual_blue

Soppy boys' scripted rugby?

Soppy boys? I thought you were all for protecting people in sport?
Boxing fans on 18:17 - Mar 13 with 1001 viewsfactual_blue

Boxing fans on 18:16 - Mar 13 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Soppy boys? I thought you were all for protecting people in sport?

Watching it appears to induce brain damage.

Boxing fans on 18:21 - Mar 13 with 986 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Boxing fans on 18:17 - Mar 13 by factual_blue

Watching it appears to induce brain damage.

Make sure you keep watching it to complain about it though.
Boxing fans on 18:28 - Mar 13 with 971 viewschicoazul

Assume whoever lost Daniel Kinahan won.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Boxing fans on 18:28 - Mar 13 with 973 viewsghostofescobar

I was there! Had amazing seats and sat with the Nottingham fans, so an incredible atmosphere! About the best fight I’ve seen. Not sure I’ve been in a place go so bonkers as it did when he floored Conlan. Two well matched fighters, top level boxers at the top of their game, neither giving an inch to the bitter end. And to think Wood went down early on as well. Two nice blokes: none of this pre match trash talk rubbish. So glad Conlan is ok. It did sour the end.

GhostOfEscobar

Boxing fans on 19:24 - Mar 13 with 890 viewsFixed_It

Boxing fans on 17:26 - Mar 13 by ZXBlue

Are many boxers vegans? Just wondering...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024