Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We really are on our way up 16:19 - Mar 13 with 1759 viewsTresBonne

After many years of poor ownership, poor players, dropping crowds & general decline...

We've got the most exciting young n upcoming manager, playing the best football in the league with some of the best players. Financially, we are as healthy as we've been in a long time - being able to offer Championship salaries. Fans are coming back in their thousands, 25k yesterday for a game not even part of PackOutPR.

Meanwhile those Narfalk boys are in turmoil over their own ownership & ambition...

And I love it. And I love this club again.
We really are on our way up on 16:31 - Mar 13 with 1700 viewsjontysnut

All McK needs to do is find a way of getting round teams who are set up not to lose. If he can can crack that I can see him being an England manager at some point in the future, after a long and successful career with us
We really are on our way up on 16:42 - Mar 13 with 1655 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Indeed. You can call me obsessed but I absolutely love to see it. For years we’ve endured that lot rubbing it in our faces, telling us how they’re football model is world class and that Webber is a genius.

Well now it’s our turn. Truly believe we are on our way back, that lot are rotting away. Have a few ncfc supporting mates who have given up going this season and will be giving up their season tickets next year.

Can’t wait til we play them, the usual dominance will vanish.
We really are on our way up on 20:20 - Mar 13 with 1409 viewspeterleeblue

Certainly everything points in the right direction now.
It really would have been good to go up this season but sadly we are probably going to have to be patient for one more year.

I do hope KMCK will be loyal to us once the vultures inevitably circle. We have given him his chance so hopefully he sticks with us.

We also need a change in fortune. Injuries and other rivals continuing to keep us at arms length and for example the offside decision yesterday.

Next season looks positive but it is certainly not a right of passage.
We really are on our way up on 20:51 - Mar 13 with 1371 viewsLeoMuff

I really won’t be counting my chickens until we are in the championship again. But yes it’s very promising indeed.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

We really are on our way up on 21:27 - Mar 13 with 1327 viewsDavoIPB

All looks good, but not sure some of the players and manager will stick around. Bids from elsewhere will come in.
We really are on our way up on 06:19 - Mar 14 with 1162 viewsallezlesbleus

We really are on our way up on 21:27 - Mar 13 by DavoIPB

All looks good, but not sure some of the players and manager will stick around. Bids from elsewhere will come in.

That is my concern. Hopefully Keiran will appreciate the chance that the club have given him, will enjoy working with our board and players and will appreciate the fans incredible support.

He / his management team have done an incredible job in just a few weeks and got so much more out of all the players, some of whom were on the scrap heap. Personally, I think we will just run out of games this season, another month could have made all the difference.

After the last 2 decades, I have learnt not to get too carried away, but I honestly feel that next season could really be the start of the good times again. Provided the club realise the financial difficulties that many fans will currently be facing and price season tickets accordingly, I believe that season ticket sales should increase substantially (from an already very impressive number, all things considered), A full pre season will give the squad much more time to learn and understand from the boss. The owners seem to be making improvements off the pitch (training facilities and new pitch etc).

Please stay Keiron and become the 3rd Ipswich "Sir" manager!
We really are on our way up on 07:27 - Mar 14 with 1061 viewsRadlett_blue

We really are on our way up on 20:20 - Mar 13 by peterleeblue

Certainly everything points in the right direction now.
It really would have been good to go up this season but sadly we are probably going to have to be patient for one more year.

I do hope KMCK will be loyal to us once the vultures inevitably circle. We have given him his chance so hopefully he sticks with us.

We also need a change in fortune. Injuries and other rivals continuing to keep us at arms length and for example the offside decision yesterday.

Next season looks positive but it is certainly not a right of passage.

The early signs from McKenna are hugely positive, getting much more out of the same squad of players. If he can make the right changes to the squad in the summer, especially to the strike force & his impact lasts beyond the "new manager bounce", we should expect Town to challenge strongly for automatic promotion next season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

We really are on our way up on 08:19 - Mar 14 with 1006 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I think people are getting ahead of themselves around 'vultures' circling for McKenna. The kinds of clubs that will attract him, aren't going to be clubs that will go for a manager like McKenna.

Let's not forget, no matter how good he is; he is still incredibly inexperienced and to date has achieved nothing.

The risk will come if we get in to the Championship and are looking like being promoted, or do actually get promoted to The Prem. You would hope, if the latter, that our new owners would have the resources to make staying here look very attractive.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

We really are on our way up on 08:27 - Mar 14 with 979 viewsSwansea_Blue

We really are on our way up on 20:51 - Mar 13 by LeoMuff

I really won’t be counting my chickens until we are in the championship again. But yes it’s very promising indeed.

It always pays to count your chickens. I didn't do that once before a snow storm and left one outside the coop and then something got it; a coyote we think. True story that!

Anyway, back on topic, yes indeed. It's looking good now although it can all change. It'll be interesting to see what happens with recruitment under McKenna, as he's not really been tested there, with only Bakinson & Thompson coming in during January.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We really are on our way up on 08:59 - Mar 14 with 920 viewsMeltonBlue

We really are on our way up on 08:19 - Mar 14 by Cheltenham_Blue

I think people are getting ahead of themselves around 'vultures' circling for McKenna. The kinds of clubs that will attract him, aren't going to be clubs that will go for a manager like McKenna.

Let's not forget, no matter how good he is; he is still incredibly inexperienced and to date has achieved nothing.

The risk will come if we get in to the Championship and are looking like being promoted, or do actually get promoted to The Prem. You would hope, if the latter, that our new owners would have the resources to make staying here look very attractive.

If he is successful with us and gets us promoted then clubs such as Brighton, Southampton who do hire young progressive managers, I am sure will be looking at managers such as KM, however I hope if he has got us up to the championship, we will be seen as a club who can compete, and not just a stepping stone to clubs who have been managed better than us for the last 15 years.
We really are on our way up on 09:06 - Mar 14 with 899 viewsRadlett_blue

We really are on our way up on 08:27 - Mar 14 by Swansea_Blue

It always pays to count your chickens. I didn't do that once before a snow storm and left one outside the coop and then something got it; a coyote we think. True story that!

Anyway, back on topic, yes indeed. It's looking good now although it can all change. It'll be interesting to see what happens with recruitment under McKenna, as he's not really been tested there, with only Bakinson & Thompson coming in during January.

Yes, summer recruitment will be very interesting, although we now have a solid core of players under contract & for the first time in years, a really good goalkeeper. Up front will be key, with only Pigott (who hasn't looked up to the job) under contract for next season. I would trust McKenna to pick players who fit into how he wants to play, unlike the Cook "kid in a sweet shop" method.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

We really are on our way up on 09:06 - Mar 14 with 898 viewsPrideOfTheEast

But to leave here they'd probably have to be from either a club getting relegated from the Premier League or a Premier League club - both unlikely. We're paying decent money and the place is clearly going in the right direction.

Next season is an absolute must to go up but there's a lot to be said for hopefully keeping the nucleus of what we've got together, having another 50 games playing together supplemented with a few additions and then going into the Championship on a truly upward curve (with a big budget).

We are in a really good spot here.
We really are on our way up on 09:07 - Mar 14 with 888 viewsitfcsuth

It does feel like now we've had our real decline, followed by empathy surrounding the club.

It feels to me like we genuinely building this football club again into the modern times, and becoming a really slick well oiled machine in every aspects. Players, KM & staff, Ashton & staff and the ownership group.

26 years old I haven't had the privilege of seeing hugely successful teams that stick in the mind, this is by far the most excited I have been following Town, the most enjoyable side to watch, and I certainly feel as though I have fallen back in love with following Town like never before.

COYB.
We really are on our way up on 09:09 - Mar 14 with 884 viewsPrideOfTheEast

We really are on our way up on 09:07 - Mar 14 by itfcsuth

It does feel like now we've had our real decline, followed by empathy surrounding the club.

It feels to me like we genuinely building this football club again into the modern times, and becoming a really slick well oiled machine in every aspects. Players, KM & staff, Ashton & staff and the ownership group.

26 years old I haven't had the privilege of seeing hugely successful teams that stick in the mind, this is by far the most excited I have been following Town, the most enjoyable side to watch, and I certainly feel as though I have fallen back in love with following Town like never before.

COYB.

Good to hear. I really feel for your age group and credit for sticking with it - I'm 10 years older so got the Burley years and Europe etc.

We're on our way back!
We really are on our way up on 10:43 - Mar 14 with 801 viewsBlueBlood90

I'm already worrying at the future prospect of a club in a higher league seeing how well we are playing and approaching McKenna.

If we give him the funds to make 3-4 high quality signings in the summer along with keeping the likes of Burns, Morsy, Edmundson etc then I fully expect us to win the league next season.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

We really are on our way up on 16:08 - Mar 14 with 634 viewsElephantintheRoom

Perhaps a reality check is in order - or at least a deep breath?

In league terms the club is more or less exactly where it was before the franchisees inserted Cook. whilst the fire sale trundled through.

Since then a huge turnaround in players has seen some good(ish) ones leave, some pointless loans go on their pointless way - and some injury-prone players and duds depart.

In return some good(ish) players have come in, some pointless loans, some injury-prone players - and a few duds..... not surprisingly the league position is pretty much the same.... if not a little worse, because when Cook came in the play-offs were a realistic target, whereas they have never beem this season.

Granted the manager looks very good indeed - though he seems not to have noticed that you need to score goals to win games. However, IF he continues to get Town in promotion form he'll be headhunted by one of the promoted teams who will be sacking their manager around xmas time - or Blackburn or Watford . I wouldn't hold your breath that any of the current crop of players would hang around if a better offer came along than third division football either.

I wouldnt get too excited about the franchise having lots of cash to throw at their stalled project either. Football is in a state of flux with serious questions about club ownership being asked before laundered Russian cash suddenly became toxic after 18 years....ditto Chinese billionaires of no known provenance will be persona non grata. Somehow I doubt the man in Ohio sees his third division football club as a safe haven for cash with WW3 bubbling just under the radar. - so the franchisees will be stuck with their business plan for now which will almost certainly mean a bit of belt tightening - and sticking to the worst-case scenario year two projection.

In effect Town will be starting next season as one of the promotion favourites - ahem, just like this season when they couldnt compete with those giants of the game at Rotherham and Wigan - with Wigan going up on the consistent goals of some bloke called Keane.

In short - expect the unexpected to happen.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024