Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer signings 18:02 - Mar 13 with 3286 viewswrightsrightglove

Anyone got any thoughts on who we might go after, assuming we’re still in league one?

2/3 strikers assuming that 2-4 of the current strikers are off
Left wing back
Cover for Morsy & Evans

Any names out there we should be looking at? Would love us to get Celina either permanently or on another loan. Maybe a young United loan or two?
Summer signings on 20:03 - Mar 13 with 2885 viewsKeno

Ronaldo isn’t happy at Man U, could maybe do a job fir us for a season

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Summer signings on 20:11 - Mar 13 with 2854 viewsPippin1970

Stockton or Dwight Gayle.
Summer signings on 20:12 - Mar 13 with 2859 viewsLeoMuff

got no idea on names but I’m hoping we will keep all personnel apart from Norwood and sadly Bonne. I’m hoping Simpson will sign up be back up next season instead of a loan leaving requiring 1-2 strikers. We need someone for LWB is McKenna doesn’t fancy Penney and we may sign Thompson I would think. Baggott to support the 4 regular centre halves. Maybe a loan to cover CM depending on how El Miz progresses.

So perm 1 or 2 strikers, LWB.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Summer signings on 20:26 - Mar 13 with 2809 viewsParky

I wonder if we could go all out and sign someone like Tyrese Campbell from Stoke. Only 22, so definitely fits the profile, getting limited game time this season, but still not sure if he’d take a step down.
Summer signings on 20:28 - Mar 13 with 2784 viewsblueasfook

Summer signings on 20:03 - Mar 13 by Keno

Ronaldo isn’t happy at Man U, could maybe do a job fir us for a season

Messi doesn't seem happy at PSG either. I'm sure he'd love to finish his career in League One.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Summer signings on 20:31 - Mar 13 with 2749 viewsFrimleyBlue

Twine ( should be no.1 target imo)
Fernandes loan

I'm going to assume celina is sorted

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Summer signings on 20:37 - Mar 13 with 2699 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

Summer signings on 20:31 - Mar 13 by FrimleyBlue

Fernandes loan

But we don't talk about Bruno
Summer signings on 20:46 - Mar 13 with 2653 viewsKeno

Summer signings on 20:28 - Mar 13 by blueasfook

Messi doesn't seem happy at PSG either. I'm sure he'd love to finish his career in League One.

Eh what a front two!!

Login to get fewer ads

Summer signings on 21:04 - Mar 13 with 2585 viewsGarv

Summer signings on 20:26 - Mar 13 by Parky

I wonder if we could go all out and sign someone like Tyrese Campbell from Stoke. Only 22, so definitely fits the profile, getting limited game time this season, but still not sure if he’d take a step down.

Tyrese, Tyreeq and Tyreece?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Summer signings on 21:20 - Mar 13 with 2521 viewsblueasfook

Summer signings on 20:46 - Mar 13 by Keno

Eh what a front two!!

Who doesn't love a good front two

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Summer signings on 21:23 - Mar 13 with 2495 viewsKeno

Summer signings on 21:20 - Mar 13 by blueasfook

Who doesn't love a good front two

Unless they are getting old and their powers are starting to sag

Summer signings on 22:12 - Mar 13 with 2381 viewsVeggie

Messi could still do a job for us up front
Summer signings on 22:36 - Mar 13 with 2330 viewsTractorFrog

I actually think if we went at it with almost the same team again we could win the league, assuming none of these are poached.

GK - Walton championship-standard, Hladky sufficient backup.
CB - Donacien, Woolfenden, Edmundson have conceded one in nine. Burgess excellent backup, and Ndaba and Baggott as further backup.
RWB - Burns is outstanding, Vincent-Young is also very good backup.
LWB - Kyle Edwards would be great here with Penney sufficient backup. We may want to sign a new first-choice here after trying Edwards for the first few games if he struggles.
CM - Morsy and Evans are the perfect duo. Bakinson is a very strong backup for Evans, and while Morsy is harder to replace but I think El Mizouni could step up here. But this is another possible signing. Rekeem Harper fifth choice, with Humphreys also in the fray.
AM - Chaplin and Aluko are easily good enough, but a third signing would be useful. Bersant Celina would be perfect but might be a little difficult to sign permanently.
ST - I know all four are struggling, but every player has bad form and I doubt we would be able to get anyone much better than Pigott, Norwood, Jackson and Bonne. Maybe we could sign one new striker to replace Norwood or Jackson, but I absolutely think we need to sign Bonne permanently despite his current form.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Summer signings on 22:39 - Mar 13 with 2313 viewsFrimleyBlue

Summer signings on 22:36 - Mar 13 by TractorFrog

I actually think if we went at it with almost the same team again we could win the league, assuming none of these are poached.

GK - Walton championship-standard, Hladky sufficient backup.
CB - Donacien, Woolfenden, Edmundson have conceded one in nine. Burgess excellent backup, and Ndaba and Baggott as further backup.
RWB - Burns is outstanding, Vincent-Young is also very good backup.
LWB - Kyle Edwards would be great here with Penney sufficient backup. We may want to sign a new first-choice here after trying Edwards for the first few games if he struggles.
CM - Morsy and Evans are the perfect duo. Bakinson is a very strong backup for Evans, and while Morsy is harder to replace but I think El Mizouni could step up here. But this is another possible signing. Rekeem Harper fifth choice, with Humphreys also in the fray.
AM - Chaplin and Aluko are easily good enough, but a third signing would be useful. Bersant Celina would be perfect but might be a little difficult to sign permanently.
ST - I know all four are struggling, but every player has bad form and I doubt we would be able to get anyone much better than Pigott, Norwood, Jackson and Bonne. Maybe we could sign one new striker to replace Norwood or Jackson, but I absolutely think we need to sign Bonne permanently despite his current form.

Why do we need to sign bonne? I know he scored at the beginning but that's it. Then he was taught how not to be offside and suddenly he forgot how to be a striker. He's being pushed off the ball with ease. He's not winning headers. He's not getting on the end of balls put in the box.

If we are to get rid of norwood. Then there's no reason to sign bonne. They are both similar strikers.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Summer signings on 22:46 - Mar 13 with 2298 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Young United loanees came to mind too.

Morsy has been one of my favourite signings (despite a fairly anonymous start under Cook). Hopefully some more signings of his calibre!
Summer signings on 23:27 - Mar 13 with 2219 viewsBugs

I'm so Ipswich centric as a supporter, that unless we sign Messi, it's highly unlikely I would have heard of any new signings we get.
Summer signings on 23:52 - Mar 13 with 2173 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Summer signings on 20:31 - Mar 13 by FrimleyBlue

Fernandes loan

If we managed to sign Scott Twine, that would be the greatest achievement in transfer market history. No way he is staying in league one.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Summer signings on 08:47 - Mar 14 with 1842 viewsitfcsuth

Would like to see Thompson again on loan for full season.
Celina via permanent or loan again if deal is possible.
Need 2 ST I believe - I'd like Mo Eisa at MK, think he would fit a KM style. Possibly Jerry Yates as well from Blackpool.
Summer signings on 09:29 - Mar 14 with 1756 viewsRobTheMonk

I think two/three strikers. Mix of young and experienced - perhaps someone like Shane Long on the experienced side.

We will definitely need a left back as Thompson is only on loan.

Bakinson again is on loan, so cover will be needed there. If Carroll remains fit and McKenna sees him as an option, then perhaps only one midfielder needed. That would give us Morsy, Evans, Carroll, El Miz and one other.

It will be far from the demolition man of the summer; although our frontline needs rebuilding.
Summer signings on 10:53 - Mar 14 with 1652 viewsitfcsuth

Summer signings on 09:29 - Mar 14 by RobTheMonk

I think two/three strikers. Mix of young and experienced - perhaps someone like Shane Long on the experienced side.

We will definitely need a left back as Thompson is only on loan.

Bakinson again is on loan, so cover will be needed there. If Carroll remains fit and McKenna sees him as an option, then perhaps only one midfielder needed. That would give us Morsy, Evans, Carroll, El Miz and one other.

It will be far from the demolition man of the summer; although our frontline needs rebuilding.

Bakinson we have an option on, given how well he has integrated into this squad, I'm sure we will take that option.

Thompson would try and get him on loan again for the season.
Summer signings on 11:00 - Mar 14 with 1627 viewstractorboy1978

Troy Parrott.
Summer signings on 11:32 - Mar 14 with 1533 viewsjayessess

I think it does depend on the last 8 games a bit, doesn't it?
We've clearly reached a stage where most of McKenna's ideas have reached the players and we're playing in a way he likes. The aim next season is to be the best team in the league, so that's the sort of ability the players have got to be showing.

If we can dominate games with Bakinson and Carroll playing, we might see another season of both/either. With Jackson out, Bonne, Pigott or Norwood will get opportunities to demonstrate they are the Number 9 we're looking for.

Picking up loanees from Manchester United might be tricky. They don't send a lot of players out on loan to L1 (just Ethan Galbraith to Doncaster and Matej Kovar to Burton). Seems like most of their out-bound loans are a bit older (20/21) and mostly only still at the club if they're already Championship-standard? Maybe the prospect of having their kids coached by McKenna will encourage a shift but wouldn't count on it. (I wonder if McKenna might help us pick up their better discards? Our record in picking up talented players on their way out of big academies is dreadful...)

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Summer signings on 11:56 - Mar 14 with 1460 viewsNthQldITFC

Summer signings on 11:00 - Mar 14 by tractorboy1978

Troy Parrott.

Troy Parrott.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Summer signings on 12:03 - Mar 14 with 1403 viewsdirtyboy

Summer signings on 11:00 - Mar 14 by tractorboy1978

Troy Parrott.

Shame he's where he is, but my son and I were driving home on Saturday and said this squad would have suited Parrott perfectly.

That ship has well and truly sailed imo.
Summer signings on 12:32 - Mar 14 with 1305 viewstractorboy1978

Summer signings on 12:03 - Mar 14 by dirtyboy

Shame he's where he is, but my son and I were driving home on Saturday and said this squad would have suited Parrott perfectly.

That ship has well and truly sailed imo.

He's only on loan at MK. Worked with McKenna at Spurs too. I heard we were sniffing around him in January to find out the terms of his loan there. It wouldn't surprise me to see him sign at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024