Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not that anyone didn't have a good game yesterday 20:06 - Mar 13 with 452 viewsGarv

But are we agreed Chaplin was one of the better performers?

This season has shown him to be quite a frustrating player because a lot of things he does don't come off. There's a lot of flicks and attempted first time passes and lay offs, but he's so off the cuff that when things come off he's a joy.

The reverse pass for Jackson's chance first half which ended up injuring him was so clever, and Celina's chance second half came from Chaplin not playing the easy ball out wide and instead firing it into the area.

I would probably have Aluko over him most weeks based on their overall games, but sadly we've got Sone at 33 instead of 23.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Not that anyone didn't have a good game yesterday on 20:35 - Mar 13 with 407 viewsFrimleyBlue

Problem I have with Chaplin is what role is he best at?
He did a couple of great passes yesturday but fails to play the simple through balls that would send our strikers in on goal.

With Jackson out.. I'd love to see him in the front role. Keeping the defenders busy and let Aluko and Celina play him in. Imo that's a better option than our 3 remaining striker options.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Not that anyone didn't have a good game yesterday on 20:58 - Mar 13 with 367 viewsGarv

Not that anyone didn't have a good game yesterday on 20:35 - Mar 13 by FrimleyBlue

Problem I have with Chaplin is what role is he best at?
He did a couple of great passes yesturday but fails to play the simple through balls that would send our strikers in on goal.

With Jackson out.. I'd love to see him in the front role. Keeping the defenders busy and let Aluko and Celina play him in. Imo that's a better option than our 3 remaining striker options.

Not the worst shout. It's easy to argue he should play higher up, even despite me praising the work he did from deep yesterday. He's probably our deadliest player in the box, even when the rest of the strikers are on form.

I think he'll keep faith with the strikers we have though, that's kind of been McKenna's thing since he arrived. Getting Jackson involved, keeping Burgess on side despite barely playing a minute.

Norwood hasn't played much recently, I reckon he'll start on Saturday. Bonne didn't do anything wrong on Saturday, but just didn't do anything right either - not sure tapping one in when it was already basically over the line counts.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024