Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a more pointless punishment in football 22:06 - Mar 13 with 1407 viewsDeano69

Than a yellow card to a coach/manager?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 22:08 - Mar 13 with 1389 viewsSwansea_Blue

Threatened FFP 'punishments'?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 22:09 - Mar 13 with 1382 viewsBlueBadger

Fining Premier League players for ANYTHING?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 22:10 - Mar 13 with 1366 viewsFrimleyBlue

The white line by the corner flag.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 00:15 - Mar 14 with 1307 viewsIllinoisblue

Yellow card to a goalie for time wasting

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 07:21 - Mar 14 with 1139 viewsHighgateBlue

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 22:10 - Mar 13 by FrimleyBlue

The white line by the corner flag.

I'm not certain that that constitutes a punishment. And in what way is its existence pointless?
Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 07:29 - Mar 14 with 1121 viewsMattinLondon

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 07:21 - Mar 14 by HighgateBlue

I'm not certain that that constitutes a punishment. And in what way is its existence pointless?

I can’t speak for that poster but some people think that the ball has to touch the ‘white paint’ of the quadrant. Whereas it simply has to overhang over it for a corner to be within the rules.
Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 08:14 - Mar 14 with 1068 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 07:21 - Mar 14 by HighgateBlue

Yeah sorry misread the subject line.

It just seems pointless when the ball always appears to be a yard outside of it anyway. I get the whole point about the ball not needing to be inside the line. But it just seems a but daft imo. Lines are there to ensure things happen a certain way. You wouldn't see a pen if the foul Is made outside the box but the players head was over the line whilst his feet were outside it for example
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 8:18]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 09:50 - Mar 14 with 990 viewsMattinLondon

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 08:14 - Mar 14 by FrimleyBlue

It just seems pointless when the ball always appears to be a yard outside of it anyway. I get the whole point about the ball not needing to be inside the line. But it just seems a but daft imo. Lines are there to ensure things happen a certain way. You wouldn't see a pen if the foul Is made outside the box but the players head was over the line whilst his feet were outside it for example

I’m sorry, but I’m not sure I understand the point you’re trying to make.
Login to get fewer ads

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 10:38 - Mar 14 with 941 viewsHighgateBlue

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 08:14 - Mar 14 by FrimleyBlue

I think because the base of the ball doesn't have to touch the line, the angle at which many spectators view it can be misleading.

Doubtless there are occasions when the ball is too far from the corner flag but I reckon in general the ball is a lot closer to where it's supposed to be than, for example, at most throw ins or even many free kicks.
Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 11:21 - Mar 14 with 903 viewsRadlett_blue

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 10:38 - Mar 14 by HighgateBlue

I think because the base of the ball doesn't have to touch the line, the angle at which many spectators view it can be misleading.

Doubtless there are occasions when the ball is too far from the corner flag but I reckon in general the ball is a lot closer to where it's supposed to be than, for example, at most throw ins or even many free kicks.

Indeed, stealing 10 yards at a defensive throw-in is absolutely routine & most referees ignore it.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 16:03 - Mar 14 with 775 viewspeterleeblue

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 07:29 - Mar 14 by MattinLondon

I can’t speak for that poster but some people think that the ball has to touch the ‘white paint’ of the quadrant. Whereas it simply has to overhang over it for a corner to be within the rules.

I don't know why players do that? Its probably because they can and they think they are getting one over their opponents. Its like throw ins when the ball is dropped on the floor for thrower to pick up or passed / placed behind the thrower by an opposition player. Its just nonsense and basically players acting like d!cks.
Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 16:08 - Mar 14 with 768 viewsMattinLondon

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 16:03 - Mar 14 by peterleeblue

I don't know why players do that? Its probably because they can and they think they are getting one over their opponents. Its like throw ins when the ball is dropped on the floor for thrower to pick up or passed / placed behind the thrower by an opposition player. Its just nonsense and basically players acting like d!cks.

Not sure that it really is nonsense as of the time it’s to allow the team to get back into position and mark their man. If you just passed it to the opposition then they would have he opportunity to take a quick throw-in.
Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 16:13 - Mar 14 with 760 viewsElephantintheRoom

sanctioning a football club 18 years after was sold to a dodgy Russian and in hock to a warmonger for £1.5 billion?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 12:43 - Mar 16 with 611 viewsVeggie

You don’t understand the rule about the whole ball having to be over the whole of the line do you? It doesn’t need to be touching the line. I thought you used to own a football club?

Edit: On second thoughts, Marcus Evans used to own a football club and he probably didn’t even u sweet and the offside rule.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2022 12:46]
Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 13:22 - Mar 16 with 577 viewsVic

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 07:29 - Mar 14 by MattinLondon

And those 5 inches closer the goal, or that 2degrees of extra angle is going to make a difference? It's just stoopid placing the ball where they do these days. In my day ...!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 15:01 - Mar 16 with 512 viewsSouperJim

Is there a more pointless punishment in football on 00:15 - Mar 14 by Illinoisblue

Yellow card to a goalie for time wasting

I actually think that can be fairly effective, certainly better than just pointing to your watch or running over to say "hurry up" and running back again.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024