Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long left on adidas deal? 11:10 - Mar 15 with 2020 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Mate of mine reckons were going with Umbro next season, sure we still have a year left with adidas though don't we?

I'd like Hummel out of anything
How long left on adidas deal? on 11:24 - Mar 15 with 1950 viewsitfcjoe

It's not been spoken about, but last time it was extended it was until the end of this season

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2018/may/town-seal-new-deal-with-adidas/

Hummel make some nice kits, but they are a bit hit and miss and don't always like the quality or fit of them

The Adidas kits are real god quality, if a little boring at times - when Umbro used to do the 'Tailored By' range in 2010ish times they were serious quality, not sure if that is still the case

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How long left on adidas deal? on 11:27 - Mar 15 with 1932 viewsabracaDOBRA_

How long left on adidas deal? on 11:24 - Mar 15 by itfcjoe

It's not been spoken about, but last time it was extended it was until the end of this season

Hummel make some nice kits, but they are a bit hit and miss and don't always like the quality or fit of them

The Adidas kits are real god quality, if a little boring at times - when Umbro used to do the 'Tailored By' range in 2010ish times they were serious quality, not sure if that is still the case

I like adidas as you know theyll never be bad, but something about a hummel or umbro kit, they make them more tailored and look a bit more retro! Think Ashton got a hummel deal with Bristol city when he was there.
How long left on adidas deal? on 11:38 - Mar 15 with 1827 viewsJimmy86

If we don't extend with Adidas, then Umbro isn't a bad shout.. they make West Ham's kits and they look lush. Would prefer we kept with Adidas though, even if the kit is a template..
How long left on adidas deal? on 11:55 - Mar 15 with 1753 viewsVeggie

I’d be surprised if Adidas wanted to drop us considering our association with Ed Sheeran must have had a positive impact on shirt sales this season.
How long left on adidas deal? on 12:03 - Mar 15 with 1707 viewsSitfcB

How long left on adidas deal? on 11:55 - Mar 15 by Veggie

I’d be surprised if Adidas wanted to drop us considering our association with Ed Sheeran must have had a positive impact on shirt sales this season.

Whoever it will be it’ll already have been agreed as the new lots are designed a year before they come out and production usually starts around December.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

How long left on adidas deal? on 12:09 - Mar 15 with 1661 viewsCheltenham_Blue

How long left on adidas deal? on 11:55 - Mar 15 by Veggie

It's not about Adidas wanting to drop us, it's about whether or not we are going to drop them.

Given the new ownership, this is going to be all about how much money we have to spend Vs how much money we can bring in, as it will all be going against player wages.

Given the Adidas deal was done by Evans, it may well be the new owners will want to renegotiate, or move away from it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

How long left on adidas deal? on 12:14 - Mar 15 with 1638 viewsFixed_It

How long left on adidas deal? on 12:09 - Mar 15 by Cheltenham_Blue

It's not about Adidas wanting to drop us, it's about whether or not we are going to drop them.

Given the new ownership, this is going to be all about how much money we have to spend Vs how much money we can bring in, as it will all be going against player wages.

Given the Adidas deal was done by Evans, it may well be the new owners will want to renegotiate, or move away from it.

And as sitters said, the decision is likely to have heen made a while ago with next season's kit already sorted.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

How long left on adidas deal? on 12:14 - Mar 15 with 1632 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Umbro have made some big strides in doing decent women's rugby kits alongside the mens. My daughter had one and it's quality. Given the success of the ladies might be good for us as well.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Login to get fewer ads

How long left on adidas deal? on 13:39 - Mar 15 with 1435 viewshoppy

How long left on adidas deal? on 11:24 - Mar 15 by itfcjoe

Interesting given these comments from that article...

“The quality of the adidas product range is second to none. Over the last four years, not only have the fans fed back their delight at us working with adidas, but the dressing-room has too. The players and coaching staff have loved being able to pull on the adidas brand."

So have others now caught up, or will we be going to a supplier that is second at best? Will the players love pulling on another brand as much?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

How long left on adidas deal? on 14:25 - Mar 15 with 1265 viewsEly_Blue

How long left on adidas deal? on 13:39 - Mar 15 by hoppy

“The quality of the adidas product range is second to none. Over the last four years, not only have the fans fed back their delight at us working with adidas, but the dressing-room has too. The players and coaching staff have loved being able to pull on the adidas brand."

So have others now caught up, or will we be going to a supplier that is second at best? Will the players love pulling on another brand as much?

In fairness the players aren’t going to say “god I wish they didn’t make us wear these polyester shirts with scratchy seams and a sewn in patch that takes the skin off my nipples when I wear it” are they?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

How long left on adidas deal? on 14:28 - Mar 15 with 1252 viewsstonojnr

How long left on adidas deal? on 13:39 - Mar 15 by hoppy

The players will "love" whatever kit we give them to wear, just like they always "love" the new club theyve joined or the new manager that takes over.

I wouldn't read anything in that statement that says Adidas have any pull on those terms for being Towns kit supplier. It will be down purely to economics, how much money can the club make from it
How long left on adidas deal? on 15:35 - Mar 15 with 1094 viewsSamWhiteUK

I'd like something different, provided it isn't Joma
How long left on adidas deal? on 17:24 - Mar 15 with 939 viewsVeggie

How long left on adidas deal? on 14:25 - Mar 15 by Ely_Blue

In fairness the players aren’t going to say “god I wish they didn’t make us wear these polyester shirts with scratchy seams and a sewn in patch that takes the skin off my nipples when I wear it” are they?

What would you suggest the shirts are made from? Wool?
How long left on adidas deal? on 17:30 - Mar 15 with 923 viewsKieran_Knows

It was last summer mind, but I had heard Hummel were the front runners for next season. As I say, that was last summer, and I’m sure with Ashton and co fully in with their feet under the table now, that may have changed!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

How long left on adidas deal? on 17:33 - Mar 15 with 909 viewsRadioOrwell

Could Adidas get any more boring ?
I'd rather a fancy dress shop.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024