Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today 18:42 - Mar 15 with 3749 viewsDBaldy

Sat in block B of the Cobbold stand with my son, so apologies if I've passed it on to anyone else, or conversely I shake my fist in your general direction if I caught it from you!
Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 18:44 - Mar 15 with 3439 viewsAce_High1

Same went and tested positive yesterday.

Good luck!
Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 19:20 - Mar 15 with 3318 viewsSwansea_Blue

There seems to be a lot of this going on. Apparently, there’s been an “unexplained” rise in cases and hospitalisations.

In unrelated news, isn’t it it nice that all Covid measures were scrapped in England at the end of February? 🤪

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 19:28 - Mar 15 with 3276 viewsLord_Lucan

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 19:20 - Mar 15 by Swansea_Blue

There seems to be a lot of this going on. Apparently, there’s been an “unexplained” rise in cases and hospitalisations.

In unrelated news, isn’t it it nice that all Covid measures were scrapped in England at the end of February? 🤪

6 in our house were positive last week and the most serious symptom was a mild ache.

At this time only one remains positive.

What you want to do exactly? Shut everything down again?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 20:02 - Mar 15 with 3171 viewsScuzzer

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 19:20 - Mar 15 by Swansea_Blue

Oh dear.
Nothing unexplained about it. BA2 OMICRON is more transmissable. But with very weak symptoms. 60% of hospitalizations are for other ailments. Most of the rest are with preexisting underlying health conditions.

Established 1968

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 20:10 - Mar 15 with 3115 viewsGlasgowBlue

And yet they weren’t scrapped in Scotland and we are having a much higher rate of positivity than England.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 20:41 - Mar 15 with 2989 viewsArnieM

OP: do you have any symptoms / unwell or just tested +ve?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 20:55 - Mar 15 with 2938 viewsRyorry

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 20:02 - Mar 15 by Scuzzer

Oh dear.
Nothing unexplained about it. BA2 OMICRON is more transmissable. But with very weak symptoms. 60% of hospitalizations are for other ailments. Most of the rest are with preexisting underlying health conditions.

I wouldn't be dismissing it too lightly just yet - quite apart from Long Covid & the unknown after-effects of that for previously healthy people (incl the many children & young people currently suffering from it), there's this -

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00403-0

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 20:59 - Mar 15 with 2912 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 19:28 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

6 in our house were positive last week and the most serious symptom was a mild ache.

There are alternatives where some sensible precautions are still recommended rather than pretty much a free for all.

Hopefully the vaccination programme will mean this is nothing too serious.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 21:09 - Mar 15 with 2840 viewsSkip_Intro

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 20:02 - Mar 15 by Scuzzer

Oh dear.

It was always more severe for those with underlying health conditions. There are a lot of people about with a whole range of conditions, many of which are manageable under normal circumstances but which covid, however mild, exacerbate enormously.
I don't think that we should just write them off as collateral damage whilst seemingly accepting the fact that (supposedly) milder symptoms for everyone else means that omicron is effectively harmless tbh...
Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 21:20 - Mar 15 with 2779 viewsLord_Lucan

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 20:59 - Mar 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

There are alternatives where some sensible precautions are still recommended rather than pretty much a free for all.

Hopefully the vaccination programme will mean this is nothing too serious.

I still wear a mask when shopping and when inside somewhere with them there strangers - except from the pub.

Thing is, if someone doesn’t want to wear one they will just say they are exempt anyway.

In other news - HK is getting hit again with reports of body bags on trolleys and it seems to be moving into China from Shenzhen upwards

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 21:32 - Mar 15 with 2730 viewsSwansea_Blue

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 20:10 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

And yet they weren’t scrapped in Scotland and we are having a much higher rate of positivity than England.

Yes, I noticed you’re topping the charts in most regions. Any idea why that’s the case? People less inclined to open windows and the like due to your frigid weather? We’ve still notionally got restrictions - mask wearing fairly widespread in shops, but not at sporting events. Still a lot of people WFH if they can. We’ve some of the lowest rates. Although it’d ripped through schools before and after Xmas, so maybe we’re just ahead of the rest over here in Wales?

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 21:59 - Mar 15 with 2644 viewstractorshark

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 19:28 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

I had it the last two weeks.
Apart from kidney stones, it was comfortably the worst thing I’ve experienced and I’ve fallen off a ladder and broken five ribs and had an abscess in my throat which twice put me on a drip in hospital.
I have very mild asthma - prior to Covid, I last used my inhaler in 2018 when I had a bug.
But Covid absolutely battered me. I could barely get out of bed for a week, struggled to breathe, struggled to drink with a swollen throat, my chest tightened and my oxygen levels dropped.
I was given an oxygen monitor and looked to be heading to hospital. The GPs were taking it hour by hour.
It took me 12 days to test negative and even now my chest feels tight and I get out of breath whenever I do something.
I am 49 and have had 2 vaccines and a booster. There are people who will be worse affected than me. I never took Covid lightly but I underestimated how much it would hit me.
My underlying medical issue is extremely minor, it barely registers in my life, and my general health is pretty good.
I am not judging you or suggesting you are the problem. I am pleased you and others have had mild symptoms and I genuinely hope it stays that way.
And, no, I don’t think the country should be shut down.
But completely taking away the isolation period is at best incredibly risky to some members of the population and, at worst, moronic and selfish.
Just because someone gets Covid midly doesn’t mean it can’t affect someone else far more seriously. For that reason, I don’t understand why anyone would want to play a form of Russian roulette with their family, friends and work colleagues.
The loosening of restrictions has nothing to do with medical science, we all know it was a popularity policy designed to keep our PM in a job.
At a time when world events are highlighting the worst in humanity, I find it astonishing that people are so carefree with people’s lives in this country because the thought of a mask or an isolation period would in some way impinge on their freedom.
I will continue to be considerate of others when it comes to Covid and will encourage others to do the same because potentially writing off a small percentage of our population doesn’t sit comfortably with me.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2022 22:27]
Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 22:06 - Mar 15 with 2600 viewsSwansea_Blue

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 21:59 - Mar 15 by tractorshark

Apart from kidney stones, it was comfortably the worst thing I’ve experienced and I’ve fallen off a ladder and broken five ribs and had an abscess in my throat which twice put me on a drip in hospital.
I have very mild asthma - prior to Covid, I last used my inhaler in 2018 when I had a bug.
But Covid absolutely battered me. I could barely get out of bed for a week, struggled to breathe, struggled to drink with a swollen throat, my chest tightened and my oxygen levels dropped.
I was given an oxygen monitor and looked to be heading to hospital. The GPs were taking it hour by hour.
It took me 12 days to test negative and even now my chest feels tight and I get out of breath whenever I do something.
I am 49 and have had 2 vaccines and a booster. There are people who will be worse affected than me. I never took Covid lightly but I underestimated how much it would hit me.
My underlying medical issue is extremely minor, it barely registers in my life, and my general health is pretty good.
I am not judging you or suggesting you are the problem. I am pleased you and others have had mild symptoms and I genuinely hope it stays that way.
But completely taking away the isolation period is at best incredibly risky to some members of the population and, at worst, moronic and selfish.
Just because someone gets Covid midly doesn’t mean it can’t affect someone else far more seriously. For that reason, I don’t understand why anyone would want to play a form of Russian roulette with their family, friends and work colleagues.
The loosening of restrictions has nothing to do with medical science, we all know it was a popularity policy designed to keep our PM in a job.
At a time when world events are highlighting the worst in humanity, I find it astonishing that people are so carefree with people’s lives in this country because the thought of a mask or an isolation period would in some way impinge on their freedom.
I will continue to be considerate of others when it comes to Covid and will encourage others to do the same because potentially writing off a small percentage of our population doesn’t sit comfortably with me.

Horrible isn’t it, and it certainly does affect people differently. I hope you bounce back quickly. I was similar to you, but pre-vaccine so bad for a bit longer. Took me nearly a year to properly get over it (and I’m still not right; it’s crippled my running). I really hope you bounce back more quickly than I did.

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 22:11 - Mar 15 with 2575 viewsLord_Lucan

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 21:59 - Mar 15 by tractorshark

I'm sorry that you have had a rough ride.

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 22:12 - Mar 15 with 2572 viewstractorshark

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 22:06 - Mar 15 by Swansea_Blue

Horrible isn’t it, and it certainly does affect people differently. I hope you bounce back quickly. I was similar to you, but pre-vaccine so bad for a bit longer. Took me nearly a year to properly get over it (and I’m still not right; it’s crippled my running). I really hope you bounce back more quickly than I did.

Yes and you completely have my sympathy because I hate to think what might have been had I not been vaccinated. I have never felt so drained and shattered in my life and my breathing is still all over the shop.

I should add I replied to Mr Lucan’s post just to highlight the differences in how people get it rather than to have a dig at him.
I’ve just seen his later post about wearing a mask and I would applaud him for that.
Bottom line is I don’t want people to go through what I have and much much worse because we made reckless decisions.
I said to someone the other day that I beg to differ with those who think Covid has ridden off into the sunset. They said they didn’t believe anyone thinks that. I totally disagree.
Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 22:14 - Mar 15 with 2559 viewstractorshark

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 22:11 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

I'm sorry that you have had a rough ride.

Thanks mate. I just replied below because I didn’t want you thinking I was having a pop at you. I was just highlighting the differences between how it affects people.
I hope you and your family are ok. That goes for anyone on this board.
I don’t wish this thing on anyone.
Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 22:15 - Mar 15 with 2543 viewsjeera

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 21:20 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

I still wear a mask when shopping and when inside somewhere with them there strangers - except from the pub.

Thing is, if someone doesn’t want to wear one they will just say they are exempt anyway.

In other news - HK is getting hit again with reports of body bags on trolleys and it seems to be moving into China from Shenzhen upwards

Just need it to spread like mad through the Russian forces now.

Not that I wish them all dead, just maybe feeling like sh1t and too tired to do fight and just wanting to go home to their beds instead.

Mind you, Putin might then accuse the West of chemical warfare and blow us all to smithereens, so maybe not.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 22:16 - Mar 15 with 2537 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 21:20 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

That's fair enough but there are also a lot of people who are in between. They won't flagrantly ignore/bypass the rules but when the rules are completely relaxed, they won't do it off their own backs. There is a lot lower levels of mask wearing in public than there was.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 22:17 - Mar 15 with 2530 viewsLord_Lucan

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 22:14 - Mar 15 by tractorshark

Thanks mate. I just replied below because I didn’t want you thinking I was having a pop at you. I was just highlighting the differences between how it affects people.
I hope you and your family are ok. That goes for anyone on this board.
I don’t wish this thing on anyone.

I appreciate what you are saying and once again I wish you well.

I would reply in more detail but I would need to give it proper thought on what I write and to be honest I'm absolutely shattered at the moment.

Take care

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 22:21 - Mar 15 with 2507 viewsjeera

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 22:12 - Mar 15 by tractorshark

Yes and you completely have my sympathy because I hate to think what might have been had I not been vaccinated. I have never felt so drained and shattered in my life and my breathing is still all over the shop.

I should add I replied to Mr Lucan’s post just to highlight the differences in how people get it rather than to have a dig at him.
I’ve just seen his later post about wearing a mask and I would applaud him for that.
Bottom line is I don’t want people to go through what I have and much much worse because we made reckless decisions.
I said to someone the other day that I beg to differ with those who think Covid has ridden off into the sunset. They said they didn’t believe anyone thinks that. I totally disagree.

Hope you fully recover soon.

I know it can wipe people out for some time.

And it's possibly not just a case of who reacts differently, but maybe the load they are exposed to? I won't pretend to know.

Where's Stokie? I like Stokie. He might know.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 22:26 - Mar 15 with 2469 viewsDinDjarin

Is covid still a thing?

Seems the media are bored of it now and have some other doom and gloom to report on 24/7
Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 23:02 - Mar 15 with 2383 viewsFoD_Blue

I tested positive last Tuesday, nothing to do with the football, I was at a rock festival in Leamington Spa that weekend so guess I picked it up there.

Went to bed on the Monday night with a bit of a sore throat and woke up with a slightly worse one. Was supposed to go into work that day, so decided to stay away to be on the safe side and did a test which turned out to be positive. I have had very mild symptoms all the time and currently have none, despite still testing positive again this morning.

Despite the current rules (or lack off) my wife and I (she also tested positive) have completely isolated for the week, we were supposed to be at agig last night in Bristol, but despite both feeling fine, we skipped it. I would consider that to be our social duty.

I've got a ticket for Oxford at the weekend, so am desperate for a couple of negative tests before then, but if I'm still positive, I will reluctantly give the game a miss.

It seems do be going around a lot at the moment, seen lots of people commenting on social media about being positive. Fortunately for most, the symptoms are quite mild, but for those who are suffering you have my very best wishes.
Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 06:58 - Mar 16 with 2177 viewsportmanking

Tested positive myself this morning. Huge fever overnight and head cold. Damn.
Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 10:05 - Mar 16 with 1988 viewspennyfathersleg

Me too!!
Very mild symptoms at the moment though. Looks no trip to Oxford and no visit to the goldstar at the weekend though 😢
Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 13:19 - Mar 16 with 1851 viewsDBaldy

Went to the game on Saturday, tested positive today on 20:41 - Mar 15 by ArnieM

OP: do you have any symptoms / unwell or just tested +ve?

Fairly sore throat, mild headache & general lethargy, so nothing serious. FWIW I'm 44 & triple jabbed
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024