Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. 21:32 - Mar 17 with 1359 viewsbazza

But absolutely disgusting how the officials are being treated at Everton..
I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 21:39 - Mar 17 with 1277 viewsGarv

Take away their authority by bringing in technology and that's what happens.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 21:40 - Mar 17 with 1265 viewsbazza

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 21:39 - Mar 17 by Garv

Doesn’t condone the abuse by the fans and the players.. exactly why football gets a bad name.
I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 21:42 - Mar 17 with 1242 viewsGarv

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 21:40 - Mar 17 by bazza

Doesn’t condone the abuse by the fans and the players.. exactly why football gets a bad name.

Course not. I haven't actually seen what you're referring to to be honest. Just a point I wanted to make.

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 21:43 - Mar 17 with 1233 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 21:39 - Mar 17 by Garv

That's a symptom not the cause.

The abuse and "experts" questioning and analysing every decision they make have been there well before VAR. The technology has been brought in because their authority has already gone.

I am for technology (VAR included) properly used but the officials should be treated with far greater respect. Players and staff get away with far too much too and that could easily be eradicated from the game.

Also on the last point, isn't it great to have a manager here who does show the officials respect as far as I can see?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 21:48 - Mar 17 with 1192 viewsHighgateBlue

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 21:43 - Mar 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

The abuse and "experts" questioning and analysing every decision they make have been there well before VAR. The technology has been brought in because their authority has already gone.

I am for technology (VAR included) properly used but the officials should be treated with far greater respect. Players and staff get away with far too much too and that could easily be eradicated from the game.

Also on the last point, isn't it great to have a manager here who does show the officials respect as far as I can see?

Football fans are quite a bit worse than rugby fans for this.

Football players are infinitely worse than rugby players for this.
I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 21:55 - Mar 17 with 1143 viewsIllinoisblue

The incident was also replayed on the video screen which inflamed the fans more. Thought that was against FA rules to do that.

Everton fans have been angry for a good few years now so doesn’t take a lot to enrage them.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 21:55 - Mar 17 with 1127 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 21:48 - Mar 17 by HighgateBlue

Football fans are quite a bit worse than rugby fans for this.

Football players are infinitely worse than rugby players for this.

Correct, but it is also a culture enabled by those who run the game.

If officials were told to take a zero tolerance response like in rugby and the message was clearly given to staff in advance of the season, it could be virtually eradicated very quickly (aside from the fans aspect which I am sure would be less if the staff were better).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 21:59 - Mar 17 with 1091 viewsGarv

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 21:43 - Mar 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

I blame the experts to an extent too.

Agree on your overall point, though. McKenna does also come across as a classy, calm and measured bloke, both on the touchline and with media etc.

Login to get fewer ads

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 22:01 - Mar 17 with 1080 viewsSwansea_Blue

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 21:55 - Mar 17 by Illinoisblue

The incident was also replayed on the video screen which inflamed the fans more. Thought that was against FA rules to do that.

Everton fans have been angry for a good few years now so doesn’t take a lot to enrage them.

It certainly used to be against the rules to show replays of potentially contentious moments in the game. Not sure if it still is though. Not that I know what’s going on at Everton; not watching or listening.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 22:09 - Mar 17 with 1024 viewsbazza

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 21:42 - Mar 17 by Garv

Course not. I haven't actually seen what you're referring to to be honest. Just a point I wanted to make.

Just a fiery game really, but a yellow card decision, changed to red by VAR, but it was probably a red to be honest, but the abuse the referee got especially off fans when he went over to the monitor, and then from Allan after he was red carded. Crazy really.
I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 22:13 - Mar 17 with 1008 viewsIllinoisblue

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 22:01 - Mar 17 by Swansea_Blue

It certainly used to be against the rules to show replays of potentially contentious moments in the game. Not sure if it still is though. Not that I know what’s going on at Everton; not watching or listening.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 22:20 - Mar 17 with 956 viewsbazza

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 22:13 - Mar 17 by Illinoisblue

Never seen bolt cutters used to Cut a cable tie before.. and take 15 minutes..
I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 22:25 - Mar 17 with 935 viewsronnyd

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 22:20 - Mar 17 by bazza

Yes, i would have thought one of the clubs medics would have had some scissors in that damn great bag they carry around.
I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 09:53 - Mar 18 with 554 viewsSeablu

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 22:20 - Mar 17 by bazza

It would have been quicker to take the goalframe away and replace it with a 5 a side one.
Added bonus of acting as a deterrent for future transgressions.
I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 10:00 - Mar 18 with 538 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I know referees get it wrong at times, and deserve a bit of stick.. on 21:40 - Mar 17 by bazza

Hands up if you've never shouted something at a referee from the stands?

You're right, and the abuse is way over the top at times but it's been going on for years and years and years.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024