Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? 13:27 - Mar 18 with 2882 viewsIllinoisblue

Rommers I assume is making a few quid

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I was there on Tuesday and Wednesday..... on 13:32 - Mar 18 with 2132 viewsBloots

....along with a few of our mutual acquaintances.

Lost a stack on Tuesday, made it all back and a bit more on Wednesday.

Lost all my profit yesterday.

Quiet one today, Hillcrest is the banker.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I was there on Tuesday and Wednesday..... on 15:02 - Mar 18 with 2021 viewsIllinoisblue

I was there on Tuesday and Wednesday..... on 13:32 - Mar 18 by Bloots

....along with a few of our mutual acquaintances.

Lost a stack on Tuesday, made it all back and a bit more on Wednesday.

Lost all my profit yesterday.

Quiet one today, Hillcrest is the banker.

Checks to see where Hillcrest finished…

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 15:06 - Mar 18 with 2005 viewsgtsb1966

Big gamblers will only tell you when they win. Lose big...nothing.
Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 15:08 - Mar 18 with 1995 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 15:06 - Mar 18 by gtsb1966

Big gamblers will only tell you when they win. Lose big...nothing.

Problem gamblers will only tell you when they win. Lose big...nothing.

Fixed it for you.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 15:14 - Mar 18 with 1976 viewsgtsb1966

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 15:08 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

Problem gamblers will only tell you when they win. Lose big...nothing.

Fixed it for you.

I've seen people post their winning betting slip on social media. It's the same old people too. Sometimes it can be a couple of times in a week and then nothing for a month. I always wonder over the months what their losses must be. If I was a gambler I wouldn't tell anyone if I won or lost to be honest.
Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 15:19 - Mar 18 with 1962 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 15:14 - Mar 18 by gtsb1966

I've seen people post their winning betting slip on social media. It's the same old people too. Sometimes it can be a couple of times in a week and then nothing for a month. I always wonder over the months what their losses must be. If I was a gambler I wouldn't tell anyone if I won or lost to be honest.

Twitter is full of tipsters who sell themselves as the next messiah. Usually within a month or two when it goes tits up they write a message to their 'haters' to say there have been some 'tough times' but they do this 'out of the goodness of my heart to help people' so they are 'stepping back'. Then they create a new account.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 15:20 - Mar 18 with 1956 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Up 30 odd quid, will sort my train fare for tomorrow
Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 16:00 - Mar 18 with 1867 viewsBellevueblue

Owners of those 3 dead horses probably lost a few quid.

Get the green screens down and make the punters face their repercussions
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 16:20 - Mar 18 with 1812 viewsvilanovablue

Only bets I placed this week were the gold cup had first and second e/w. I've lost a bit betting but just bet small. Losses always outweigh the good days.
Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 18:05 - Mar 18 with 1723 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

About 6k profit for me fwiw

Some of my antepost on twitter including Facile Vega (has never run when I told Twitter to back it at 20/1) pissed in and made the week.

Tiger Roll being beaten a neck and Gaelic Warrior a nostril ended up costing me £40,000 but an amazing week. On the way back to the apartment now and am already dreaming about next year.

I see 5 messages to open and read and I will reply to them tonight but for those wondering why I haven’t done the previews since Tuesday, the anti racing brigade were about and I didn’t want to add fuel to the fire

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 18:13 - Mar 18 with 1692 viewsRyorry

+£8.75 net from b365's daily freebie fivers.

-£1 of my own 😂

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 18:32 - Mar 18 with 1626 viewsHARRY10

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 18:05 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Some of my antepost on twitter including Facile Vega (has never run when I told Twitter to back it at 20/1) pissed in and made the week.

Tiger Roll being beaten a neck and Gaelic Warrior a nostril ended up costing me £40,000 but an amazing week. On the way back to the apartment now and am already dreaming about next year.

I see 5 messages to open and read and I will reply to them tonight but for those wondering why I haven’t done the previews since Tuesday, the anti racing brigade were about and I didn’t want to add fuel to the fire

So you won an overall £46,000 after the first day. One in which all your tips lost. That's some going.

You picking a winner from months back is commendable, until set against those you tipped that lost.

Unfortunately some will think you stopped posting your tips after the first day, after what you said were considerable bets. And they might wonder why you did not stop posting tips last season after comments by those who are against horse racing (not racing per se). Made last year.

My thought is that after being party to numerous tips, and watching a bookie receiving even more warnings about taking bets I soon grasped that it is not all down to calculation and studying form.

But each to their own
Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 18:43 - Mar 18 with 1605 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 18:32 - Mar 18 by HARRY10

So you won an overall £46,000 after the first day. One in which all your tips lost. That's some going.

You picking a winner from months back is commendable, until set against those you tipped that lost.

Unfortunately some will think you stopped posting your tips after the first day, after what you said were considerable bets. And they might wonder why you did not stop posting tips last season after comments by those who are against horse racing (not racing per se). Made last year.

My thought is that after being party to numerous tips, and watching a bookie receiving even more warnings about taking bets I soon grasped that it is not all down to calculation and studying form.

But each to their own

I didn’t win 46k. I nearly did. I won 6,000. All of my bets on all four days were on my twitter.

Most of my bets were months in advance at huge prices, hence needing less winners.

If you look as well, Tuesday, whilst not being ideal had a couple of each way placers and a winner.

Difference between this year and last is this year I was named by a specific individual (and contacted) as someone who is personally cruel to animals as a supporter of racing and an owner of greyhounds. I won’t have my name (easily findable on here through my twitter) associated with that bullsh*t

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 18:58 - Mar 18 with 1575 viewsITFC_Forever

Invested a grand total of £0 of my own money and used the one free £5 bet a day Bet365 gave me.

Won £12.50 on the first race of the festival with Constitution Hill on Tuesday, both Wednesday and Thursday’s nags failed to finish, then today Minella Indo lost on the drag to the line in the big race.

Had a result on the football a week or two ago though… seven home wins, four were already awarded (Bet365 pay out of your team goes two goals ahead), but a few unreliable looking teams were only 1-0 up. Total win would have been £135, but cashed out for half that. QPR then promptly went on to lose and Rotherham threw a 1-0 lead away to lose 1-2 to ten man McDons.

Started this season with £10 in my account, now on over £180, only putting £2.50 on a time and using the couple of free bets that come my way each week.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 19:33 - Mar 18 with 1523 viewsgtsb1966

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 18:05 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

I would hazard a good guess that you are down year on year though. Nothing wrong in that if you can afford it. Enjoy
Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 19:39 - Mar 18 with 1508 viewstextbackup

£6K!!!!

fookin fair play and well done!

i'm £5 up, as thats what i would have put in my sky bet account and lost :)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 19:58 - Mar 18 with 1467 viewsHARRY10

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 18:43 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

I didn’t win 46k. I nearly did. I won 6,000. All of my bets on all four days were on my twitter.

Most of my bets were months in advance at huge prices, hence needing less winners.

If you look as well, Tuesday, whilst not being ideal had a couple of each way placers and a winner.

Difference between this year and last is this year I was named by a specific individual (and contacted) as someone who is personally cruel to animals as a supporter of racing and an owner of greyhounds. I won’t have my name (easily findable on here through my twitter) associated with that bullsh*t

So if it was a net £6000 gain

then that must have been £46000, to cover the £40000 you stated, you lost
Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 20:05 - Mar 18 with 1414 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 19:58 - Mar 18 by HARRY10

You're having a mare here Harry!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 20:09 - Mar 18 with 1405 viewsTonytown

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 19:58 - Mar 18 by HARRY10

The £40k is what he would have won if those horses had won.

It’s not that hard to understand surely?
Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 20:16 - Mar 18 with 1382 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 19:33 - Mar 18 by gtsb1966

I would hazard a good guess that you are down year on year though. Nothing wrong in that if you can afford it. Enjoy

Most of my betting across the year is on Cheltenham.

And actually my year on year record is superb. One losing year at Cheltenham ever.

I do appreciate that I’m a minority that gambles and makes a profit because that number is only like 1% but I just happen to be in it. I don’t have to lie but the facts are there.

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 20:18 - Mar 18 with 1373 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I can only suggest you have another go reading what I said because you’re miles out here pal.

Anyway, we just got back to the apartment so I’m off out. Au revoir

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 20:20 - Mar 18 with 1348 viewslongtimefan

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 20:05 - Mar 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

You're having a mare here Harry!

Think he fell at the first
Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 20:24 - Mar 18 with 1330 viewsLesta_Tractor

I made about £50 from a £5 put in on Monday, will pay for a trip to the movies with the wife so happy days with that

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 21:36 - Mar 18 with 1253 viewsvilanovablue

Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 18:13 - Mar 18 by Ryorry

+£8.75 net from b365's daily freebie fivers.

-£1 of my own 😂

£30 bet about £40 back. I bet on the winner and second with £30 😂😂😂
Anyone made (or lost) significant sums of money at Cheltenham? on 22:27 - Mar 18 with 1189 viewsRadlett_blue

I was planning on watching and having a few bets, but my internet connection in Tenerife went down on Monday. Was only fixed today {manana} so I thought I'd have a bet on the Gold Cup & one other race & then I found out I can't access my UK bookies' accounts from Spain! Ha ha - probably saved me few quid!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024