Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bluebadger 13:50 - Mar 18 with 2619 viewsBondiBlue

The longer you keep that rant from that guy as your signature (or whatever the post-text bit is called) on every post of yours, and the more we win, the funnier it gets.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Bluebadger on 14:14 - Mar 18 with 2033 viewsfooters

I especially like the 'I'm in Pompey tonight and they're all shaking their heads'. No clue why but tickles me just right.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Bluebadger on 14:15 - Mar 18 with 2026 viewsBlueBadger

Bluebadger on 14:14 - Mar 18 by footers

I especially like the 'I'm in Pompey tonight and they're all shaking their heads'. No clue why but tickles me just right.

There's so many great TWTD moments simply lost to time, Malcy's Wedding, Sifters' trainers, flyings cars and feed ham sandwiches to foxes, that I felt it my duty to preserve this moment to the best of my ability.

Is the 'smarmy' thread still up?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bluebadger on 14:16 - Mar 18 with 2012 viewsMattinLondon

That’s the bit that makes me smile as well. I’ve forgotten to initially posted that rant though.
Bluebadger on 14:18 - Mar 18 with 1990 viewsSwansea_Blue

Fking knobs the lot of you.
Cookie always comes good.

Take your pick, it's a bit of a classic and well worth preserving for posterity's sake and for a bit of a giggle.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bluebadger on 14:18 - Mar 18 with 1991 viewsEwan_Oozami

Bluebadger on 14:16 - Mar 18 by MattinLondon

That’s the bit that makes me smile as well. I’ve forgotten to initially posted that rant though.

Funnily enough, it was a poster with a previous (and much despised) Town manager as part of their username....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Bluebadger on 14:20 - Mar 18 with 1989 viewsfooters

Bluebadger on 14:15 - Mar 18 by BlueBadger

There's so many great TWTD moments simply lost to time, Malcy's Wedding, Sifters' trainers, flyings cars and feed ham sandwiches to foxes, that I felt it my duty to preserve this moment to the best of my ability.

In all its glory.

Yup down arrow coming but I dont like him by footers 20 Dec 2021 15:43
Now all that's left is the traditional 'I was joking, guys - gotcha!' post and this will all be put to rest. A story as old as time.

Bluebadger on 14:21 - Mar 18 with 1984 viewsBlueBadger

Bluebadger on 14:18 - Mar 18 by Ewan_Oozami

Funnily enough, it was a poster with a previous (and much despised) Town manager as part of their username....

I think he backed every one of Marcus Evans' managerial appointments to the hilt. The really terrible ones especially. There was only one he hated. Guess which one it was?
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 23:14]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Bluebadger on 14:21 - Mar 18 with 1978 viewsBiGDonnie

Bluebadger on 14:15 - Mar 18 by BlueBadger

Does Keanish post anymore? Seems very quiet now we're winning?

Madness ain't it, all defensive of a sh!te manager and then nothing when we sign one of the next best things in management.

If I didn't know any better I'd say he was a budgie. Keep the signature as long as you want.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Bluebadger on 14:24 - Mar 18 with 1952 viewsEwan_Oozami

Bluebadger on 14:20 - Mar 18 by footers

In all its glory.

Now all that's left is the traditional 'I was joking, guys - gotcha!' post and this will all be put to rest. A story as old as time.

Shame the writer was outed as a Frimmers alt though - and does that mean the -253 should be re-allocated to them instead?

Bluebadger on 14:24 - Mar 18 with 1957 viewsBlueBadger

Bluebadger on 14:21 - Mar 18 by BiGDonnie

Does Keanish post anymore? Seems very quiet now we're winning?

Madness ain't it, all defensive of a sh!te manager and then nothing when we sign one of the next best things in management.

If I didn't know any better I'd say he was a budgie. Keep the signature as long as you want.

Someone, I forget who, was kind enough to PM me the full glorious rant. I think I was on nights or working when it dropped, otherwise I think I would have had to retire from TWTD because I was never going to top taking the credit for getting Cookie sacked.

As I said after the event, if I knew I had so much pull with the top brass at ITFC I'd have written a letter about Cookie two months sooner, about Keane in September 2009, Jewell in May 2012 and told them not to even bother with Lambert and Hurst.

Bluebadger on 14:25 - Mar 18 with 1939 viewsBlueBadger

Bluebadger on 14:24 - Mar 18 by Ewan_Oozami

Shame the writer was outed as a Frimmers alt though - and does that mean the -253 should be re-allocated to them instead?

Someone PM this to Gav NOW.

Bluebadger on 14:28 - Mar 18 with 1891 viewsBiGDonnie

Bluebadger on 14:24 - Mar 18 by Ewan_Oozami

Keanish was Frimmers? Or have I read that wrong.

I don't believe it either way.

COYBs

Bluebadger on 14:31 - Mar 18 with 1873 viewsfooters

Bluebadger on 14:24 - Mar 18 by BlueBadger

Someone, I forget who, was kind enough to PM me the full glorious rant. I think I was on nights or working when it dropped, otherwise I think I would have had to retire from TWTD because I was never going to top taking the credit for getting Cookie sacked.

As I said after the event, if I knew I had so much pull with the top brass at ITFC I'd have written a letter about Cookie two months sooner, about Keane in September 2009, Jewell in May 2012 and told them not to even bother with Lambert and Hurst.

And to keep Mick, obviously...

Bluebadger on 14:32 - Mar 18 with 1866 viewsEwan_Oozami

Bluebadger on 14:28 - Mar 18 by BiGDonnie

Keanish was Frimmers? Or have I read that wrong.

I don't believe it either way.

No, sorry for confusion!

Chris Makin of 'smarmy - 253' fame was Frimmers - Keanish is just Keanish as far as I'm aware!

Bluebadger on 14:36 - Mar 18 with 1844 viewsBiGDonnie

Bluebadger on 14:32 - Mar 18 by Ewan_Oozami

No, sorry for confusion!

Chris Makin of 'smarmy - 253' fame was Frimmers - Keanish is just Keanish as far as I'm aware!

No worries.

Frimmers and the smarmy comment are sealed into the TWTD hall of fame for eternity.

COYBs

Bluebadger on 14:42 - Mar 18 with 1821 viewsfooters

Bluebadger on 14:36 - Mar 18 by BiGDonnie

No worries.

Frimmers and the smarmy comment are sealed into the TWTD hall of fame for eternity.

Nothing like giving someone a fair chance, eh?

Bluebadger on 14:45 - Mar 18 with 1804 viewsBlueBadger

Bluebadger on 14:31 - Mar 18 by footers

And to keep Mick, obviously...

Obvs.

Bluebadger on 14:49 - Mar 18 with 1763 viewsKeno

Bluebadger on 14:36 - Mar 18 by BiGDonnie

No worries.

Just picture the scene - Wembley May 2022

93rd minute Wolfie plays a ball to janoi who lays it inside for Cappers to chip into the box where Celina buries in the top corner for the winner

he turns as the 30,000 Ipswich burst into McKenna's Smarmy Army, McKenna's Smarmy Army, McKenna's Smarmy Army
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 14:58]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Bluebadger on 14:52 - Mar 18 with 1744 viewsRyorry

Bluebadger on 14:24 - Mar 18 by BlueBadger

You're welcome, always makes me smile seeing it out enjoying the light of day :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bluebadger on 17:07 - Mar 18 with 1533 viewsBiGDonnie

Bluebadger on 14:49 - Mar 18 by Keno

93rd minute Wolfie plays a ball to janoi who lays it inside for Cappers to chip into the box where Celina buries in the top corner for the winner

he turns as the 30,000 Ipswich burst into McKenna's Smarmy Army, McKenna's Smarmy Army, McKenna's Smarmy Army

He really is the GOAT.

Frimmers not KMac (yet)!

COYBs

Bluebadger on 17:33 - Mar 18 with 1477 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bluebadger on 14:21 - Mar 18 by BlueBadger

I think he backed every one of Marcus Evans' managerial appointments to the hilt. The really terrible ones especially. There was only one he hated. Guess which one it was?
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 23:14]

Guess which other managerial appointment he wasn’t a fan of? Exhibit A in the below thread… (includes obligatory ‘I played non league so I’m the only one that knows what he’s talking about reference)

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. by clive_baker 16 Dec 2021 21:02
I like your optimism and hope you’re right.

Not to be a negative nelly but I’m not overly convinced by it, especially given where we’re at right now. But I really hope he does the business, needless to say I’m fully supportive.

EDIT: not sure why it has linked the Clive_Baker post but it is the Keaneish posts on the first page I am referring to, clearly
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 18:45]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Bluebadger on 18:17 - Mar 18 with 1417 viewsBlueBadger

Bluebadger on 17:33 - Mar 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Guess which other managerial appointment he wasn’t a fan of? Exhibit A in the below thread… (includes obligatory ‘I played non league so I’m the only one that knows what he’s talking about reference)

Haven't been so excited about a managerial appt. since, well ... ever. by clive_baker 16 Dec 2021 21:02
I like your optimism and hope you’re right.

Not to be a negative nelly but I’m not overly convinced by it, especially given where we’re at right now. But I really hope he does the business, needless to say I’m fully supportive.

EDIT: not sure why it has linked the Clive_Baker post but it is the Keaneish posts on the first page I am referring to, clearly
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 18:45]

Just been reminded of this classic.

Just so I’m clear, for some... by Keaneish 11 Feb 2019 12:54
It's a local derby with passions running high and a manager going back to his former club with 39 points difference between the two. Your comparison to MM's last visit there is completely different.

For what its worth, i loved watching yesterday unfold. About time we had a bout of steel and desire throughout the club rather than apathy. Its great to see emotions over spilling as it means all staff are heavily invested. A far cry from having the Vs flicked up at us. If you're defending the latter as a means of conduct vs over spilling passion directed at the opposition rather than the fan base, what does that say about say about blinkered loyalty, which i assume was the whole sentiment behind the post?

He was talking about losing 3-0 to a Norwich side that didn't need to get out of 2nd gear.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 18:18]

Bluebadger on 18:23 - Mar 18 with 1386 viewsclive_baker

Bluebadger on 14:20 - Mar 18 by footers

In all its glory.

Just had to down arrow Gav for locking it, that thread should've been bumped weekly.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bluebadger on 20:57 - Mar 18 with 1223 viewsRyorry

Bluebadger on 14:49 - Mar 18 by Keno

We'll all be slapping Makin/Frimmers on the back & buying him pints if his thread serves the same kind of purpose as we see every matchday with posts like "Burns is never gonna score a goal in this game" etc.

Steve M was already on the right path -

"So far so good for Steve M

Yup down arrow coming but I dont like him on 14:38 - Dec 20 with 962 views Steve_M

Ha, ha. Giving Keanish a run for his money in POTY.

Well this is the surest sign yet that McKenna will be a success here."
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 21:02]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bluebadger on 21:25 - Mar 18 with 1171 viewsgainsboroughblue

Bluebadger on 18:23 - Mar 18 by clive_baker

Just had to down arrow Gav for locking it, that thread should've been bumped weekly.

Just clicked on it for another look. -253 votes in the end then, That must be an all time TWTD record.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024