Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hunt Election as Ipswich MP Could Be Made Null And Void... 20:21 - Mar 18 with 1089 viewsTangledupin_Blue

According to this article he wasn't eligible to stand AND he made a false declaration...

https://eastangliabylines.co.uk/exclusive-suffolk-mp-faces-losing-seat-in-invali

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Hunt Election as Ipswich MP Could Be Made Null And Void... on 20:48 - Mar 18 with 945 viewsEdwardStone

" Provide Relief"

Arf Arf
Hunt Election as Ipswich MP Could Be Made Null And Void... on 20:52 - Mar 18 with 932 viewsfactual_blue

I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hunt Election as Ipswich MP Could Be Made Null And Void... on 21:05 - Mar 18 with 911 viewsDJR

Having looked at the election timetable for the 2019 General Election, I'm not convinced there is anything in this. Whilst he signed the nomination papers on 11 November, I don't think the nomination (or standing for office) took effect until publication of the Statement Of Persons Nominated on 14 or 15 November, by which time he was no longer disqualified. I suppose someone could have objected to his nomination on 12 November but no one did. I might add that I am not necessarily an expert on General Elections but I have been an election agent in local elections. I don't bat for them, but my experience is that those doing the job for the Tories are well resourced on this type of procedural stuff. I would love to be proved wrong as I look on Ipswich as a Labour town, with the odd exception from time to time in my 60 odd years..
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 21:11]
Hunt Election as Ipswich MP Could Be Made Null And Void... on 21:50 - Mar 18 with 799 viewsSwansea_Blue

If he has broken any rules or laws, I’m sure he’ll be relieved to find out that Tory MPs are exempt and it doesn’t matter what he did (as long as he continues to support ‘Boris’ and project Brexit).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hunt Election as Ipswich MP Could Be Made Null And Void... on 23:11 - Mar 18 with 675 viewsfactual_blue

Hunt Election as Ipswich MP Could Be Made Null And Void... on 21:05 - Mar 18 by DJR

Having looked at the election timetable for the 2019 General Election, I'm not convinced there is anything in this. Whilst he signed the nomination papers on 11 November, I don't think the nomination (or standing for office) took effect until publication of the Statement Of Persons Nominated on 14 or 15 November, by which time he was no longer disqualified. I suppose someone could have objected to his nomination on 12 November but no one did. I might add that I am not necessarily an expert on General Elections but I have been an election agent in local elections. I don't bat for them, but my experience is that those doing the job for the Tories are well resourced on this type of procedural stuff. I would love to be proved wrong as I look on Ipswich as a Labour town, with the odd exception from time to time in my 60 odd years..
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 21:11]

I used to commute to London on the same coach as a solicitor who worked for the tories and was an authority on electoral law. The other main parties would go to him for advice, and he also helped supervise elections in nascent democracies in Africa.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hunt Election as Ipswich MP Could Be Made Null And Void... on 23:17 - Mar 18 with 661 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Hunt Election as Ipswich MP Could Be Made Null And Void... on 23:11 - Mar 18 by factual_blue

I used to commute to London on the same coach as a solicitor who worked for the tories and was an authority on electoral law. The other main parties would go to him for advice, and he also helped supervise elections in nascent democracies in Africa.

Artist's impression

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024