Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really like Mark Ashton 11:31 - Mar 19 with 1106 viewsbournemouthblue

Brizzle fans may hate him but having watched the video on the improvements to the facilities

I feel like we have the right guy at the helm

Far more dynamic and driven than anyone we have had for quite some time

I'd also suggest he understands football and people far better than anyone Evans had in charge

Yes it helps to have wealthy backers who are enthusiastic too

But I think there is a buzz around the club we haven't had for years

It will be amusing as we go above Brizzle and wave as we pass them by

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I really like Mark Ashton on 12:06 - Mar 19 with 1008 viewsTrumptonBlue

Yes, I can't see that he's done much wrong so far. And bringing McKenna to the club looks like being the rightest thing anyone has done here for a long, long time.
I really like Mark Ashton on 12:16 - Mar 19 with 980 viewsBobbychase

For me he hasn't put a foot wrong. Some people seem not to like his public persona (I've seen David Brent comparisons) but what would we rather have, someone who is very active in the media and gets things done, or Marcus Evans, who was largely mute and let the club decline to an extent that we are only just getting our heads around.

When Gamechanger took over I was initially suspicious as not a lot was known about them, but in investment terms - on AND off the pitch - they have backed up their initial interviews with action.

We've got lucky with this lot.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

I really like Mark Ashton on 12:24 - Mar 19 with 945 viewsIllinoisblue

I really like Mark Ashton on 12:16 - Mar 19 by Bobbychase

For me he hasn't put a foot wrong. Some people seem not to like his public persona (I've seen David Brent comparisons) but what would we rather have, someone who is very active in the media and gets things done, or Marcus Evans, who was largely mute and let the club decline to an extent that we are only just getting our heads around.

When Gamechanger took over I was initially suspicious as not a lot was known about them, but in investment terms - on AND off the pitch - they have backed up their initial interviews with action.

Yep, he’s done well so far although let’s be honest the bar was very very low with the inaction of Evans/LON. That’s probably unfair on LON as Evans had clearly checked out a few years before finally selling. It was interesting to hear Ashton’s interview this week and mentioned about the stadium being left to rot. Shame on Evans for being an absent, careless owner. Thank fk his reign is over.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I really like Mark Ashton on 12:26 - Mar 19 with 930 viewsChurchman

You do realise that with this thread the Ashton-alert siren will be sounding in Bristol and they’ll be emerging from dark places to rekindle their rage. Cruel of you.

As it goes, apart from the Cooke debacle which was not totally down to him since he didn’t appoint him, the cap and the action man beard, I don’t think he’s done a lot wrong so far. Quite the opposite in fact.

I think that given how poorly the club has been run for so long, a tin of beans as CEO would have been an improvement but the reality is that the owners, Chairman and Ashton are putting structure and hope into the club. They look to be in it for the long haul. It’s all good.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2022 12:27]
I really like Mark Ashton on 12:46 - Mar 19 with 841 viewsITFC_Jenx

Agreed. Really excited about the developments both on and off the pitch.

Still think the decline in Bristol City's performances is linked to the owner scaling back investment. Think Ashton has copped a lot from Bristol fans for that.
I really like Mark Ashton on 12:48 - Mar 19 with 833 viewsBobbychase

I really like Mark Ashton on 12:46 - Mar 19 by ITFC_Jenx

Agreed. Really excited about the developments both on and off the pitch.

Still think the decline in Bristol City's performances is linked to the owner scaling back investment. Think Ashton has copped a lot from Bristol fans for that.

Steve Lansdown has definitely switched focus from Bristol City to Bristol Bears (rugby). Which makes sense, you can have a competitive top-flight rugby club for a lot cheaper than you can get a club into the Premier League.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

I really like Mark Ashton on 13:06 - Mar 19 with 768 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

It's not just that we have someone who is "better than a tin of baked beans", although I agree with the comparison. I am finding that I am repeatedly impressed with the really smart decisions being made. For 20 years I have just scratched my head at almost every decision, every appointment and thought so many were poor decisions and I could run the club better myself. Now for the first time we have someone at the helm who really understands and makes decisions way better than we as fans could. So refreshing.

Poll: would you rather

I really like Mark Ashton on 13:52 - Mar 19 with 642 viewsKeno

Vaguely to tune Roxanne

Ashton .. Bristol fans can just go
Ashton ....is now out CEO

Ashton ...Ipswich CEO
Ashton ...Ipswich CEO
Ashton ...Ipswich CEO
Ashton ...Ipswich CEO

may need some work

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

I really like Mark Ashton on 14:33 - Mar 19 with 538 viewsRegencyBlue

I really like Mark Ashton on 12:16 - Mar 19 by Bobbychase

I’ll be honest, if people are only just getting their heads around how Evans was allowing the club to decline both on and off the pitch they hadn’t been paying attention for the last 13 years!

Once his one and only idea of putting in a few million to gain ‘instant’ promotion before syphoning off the Premiership millions into his grubby little paws blew up spectacularly in his face there was nothing other than relentless cost cutting. No plan, no ambition and no investment, nothing.

Ashton and Gamechanger 20 have been a breath of fresh air after the debacle of Evans reign.
I really like Mark Ashton on 16:00 - Mar 19 with 391 viewsRadlett_blue

I really like Mark Ashton on 12:48 - Mar 19 by Bobbychase

Steve Lansdown has definitely switched focus from Bristol City to Bristol Bears (rugby). Which makes sense, you can have a competitive top-flight rugby club for a lot cheaper than you can get a club into the Premier League.

Although you don't make any money out of owning a professional rugby club either, even if the losses are smaller.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024