Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna 17:04 - Mar 19 with 6404 viewsITFCBlues

Not good enough is it and certainly not going to cut it next season.

20 goals in 16 games... Not good enough. Its all well and good keeping clean sheets and controlling games, but we create very little clear cut chances or chances in general.

For all the love in everyone's giving McKenna, massive improvements needed next season or we will fall short again.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:05 - Mar 19 with 3568 viewsMattinLondon

Grow up.
1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:05 - Mar 19 with 3554 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Oh shut up! GET BEHIND THE CLUB! Hate fans like this!

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:06 - Mar 19 with 3544 viewsBlueBadger

If only he would just play 4-2-3-1, eh?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:07 - Mar 19 with 3495 viewsReusersTown

Someone needs to explain to you how football works mate. Yes 20 goals in 16 games is good enough when you hardly concede a goal! The idea is to score more that the opponent if you needed a hint.
1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:07 - Mar 19 with 3465 viewsFrimleyBlue

There is a transfer window which I'm sure we will use.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:07 - Mar 19 with 3477 viewsVic

Just for clarity, Is that won 1, lost 4 and drawn 2?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:10 - Mar 19 with 3426 viewshomer_123

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:07 - Mar 19 by Vic

Just for clarity, Is that won 1, lost 4 and drawn 2?

It's the formation I think.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:11 - Mar 19 with 3385 viewsAlanG296

2 wins, 10 points in the last six. Mid table form when the opportunity was there to get into the top six and stay there. Blown it.
Login to get fewer ads

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:11 - Mar 19 with 3374 viewsTrequartista

You don't get more points for beating top half sides.

He has 32 points from 16 games. That's 92 points extrapolated over a season. How can anyone possibly complain?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:13 - Mar 19 with 3343 viewswaveneyblue

Congratulations. Dick head of the weekend is yours x
1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:17 - Mar 19 with 3287 viewsVic

So, I’ve just checked and make it

1 win
4 draws
2 losses

If I’m right I make that we’ve won or drawn twice as many as we have lost.

Seems like a reasonable return to me. Obviously, be great to turn some of the draws into wins, but nothing to complain about. Next season, with a couple of forwards who can score, will be different I’m sure.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:18 - Mar 19 with 3269 viewshomer_123

Are you starting a KM 'out' shout early?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:20 - Mar 19 with 3233 viewsRozz

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:11 - Mar 19 by Trequartista

He has 32 points from 16 games. That's 92 points extrapolated over a season. How can anyone possibly complain?

You mean not even 100 points & 100 goals?! What an abject failure.

In all seriousness, I think everyone can see we do need to perform better against the better sides in the division (not least because you'll have to beat 2 of them to get through the playoffs). It's a habit we need to develop if we're to believe we can survive / thrive in the Championship.

The season isn't over, but I'm very much looking forward to the summer window and a full season under Kmac. Uppa Towen.
1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:22 - Mar 19 with 3205 viewsStewart27

Yeah.

We need a manager who amasses two points per game.

But beat the top teams and lose to the bottom teams.
1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:29 - Mar 19 with 3149 viewsITFCBlues

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:11 - Mar 19 by Trequartista

Of course not, but we've all seen what not beating the top sides in this divisions means when Lambert was here and that return isn't too dissimilar is it?

For what it's worth, we're clearly making progress, but a bit of context needed for those that think we will storm the league next season.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:45 - Mar 19 with 3070 viewsjayessess

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:29 - Mar 19 by ITFCBlues

Of course not, but we've all seen what not beating the top sides in this divisions means when Lambert was here and that return isn't too dissimilar is it?

For what it's worth, we're clearly making progress, but a bit of context needed for those that think we will storm the league next season.

Not sure how much the context tells us really.

The two losses were away games pretty early in McKenna's reign, when his impact on our play was a little less discernible.

Since then we've drawn away at 3rd and 4th (in isolation good enough results for a promotion candidate) and drawn at home to 10th and 12th (which aren't). You can take whatever you like from that.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2022 17:46]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:51 - Mar 19 with 3036 viewsJDB23

Not sure why this has so many down votes. Ever since we’ve been in this division our record against top 8 teams is embarrassing for a club of our size and resources.

That record hasn’t got much better under McKenna but at least we are actually competitive in those games now, which is somewhat of an improvement. Still not really acceptable for where we want to be but clearly we’re moving in the right direction. All comes down to whether we can make that next step next season.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2022 17:53]
1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 18:01 - Mar 19 with 2962 viewsjayessess

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:51 - Mar 19 by JDB23

Not sure why this has so many down votes. Ever since we’ve been in this division our record against top 8 teams is embarrassing for a club of our size and resources.

That record hasn’t got much better under McKenna but at least we are actually competitive in those games now, which is somewhat of an improvement. Still not really acceptable for where we want to be but clearly we’re moving in the right direction. All comes down to whether we can make that next step next season.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2022 17:53]

I down voted it because it was a miserable thing to post right now and because for me that record doesn't reflect any failing on McKenna's part or actually on the standard of football we are currently playing.

Since McKenna's style has really taken hold we've drawn the 4 games we've had against top half teams. But I don't think anyone who actually watched those 4 games could honestly say we didn't win them because we weren't good enough.

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 18:12 - Mar 19 with 2898 viewsjeera

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 17:29 - Mar 19 by ITFCBlues

You mention the situation when a different manager was here under a different manager and then ask for context.

Apples and oranges then.

This is from the squad assembled (rather rashly) under Cook and McKenna has worked wonders so far despite being handed a confidence dented batch of players.

I'd like to see the guy still here in 5 years time to be honest as I think he'll have loads to offer down the line as he continues to learn himself. Starting with a Summer's transfer window.

Lots of growing to do and we could be onto a long term thing here if we're lucky for a change.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 18:13 - Mar 19 with 2897 viewsMillsey

Ffs give it a rest mste
1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 18:23 - Mar 19 with 2853 viewsHighgateBlue

An away draw against a playoff side who've scored more than any other team is a good result. It's only the context of us playing a game of Cookie Catchup that makes it seem anything else.
1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 18:23 - Mar 19 with 2852 viewsghostofescobar

Damn, upvoted that by accident. I assume this is a troll type post, so well done, but I bite: KM has done wonderfully well with basically the same squad as Cook. And had not much time to mould what he has at his disposal. Massive improvements aren’t needed, as KM’s current points per game put us there or thereabouts. So some tweaks, yes. Maybe it’s some fans that are not good enough. I can think of one………

GhostOfEscobar

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 18:26 - Mar 19 with 2838 viewsSawtrich

I think it's important not to burden the new regime with the mistakes from the past. Also, looking at such a small sample size doesn't really tell you anything. We've been very, very competitive against top teams in this division since KM came in. Today was a good example, away to fourth placed top scorers and they scramble a draw in the 95th min. Sure, we need to score more goals but we've come a long way already.
1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 18:39 - Mar 19 with 2799 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

You don't go to games do you? The difference is night and day between what we are witnessing now and all the sh1te that has gone on for the last 15 years. If you actually go and watch us play instead of poring over the stats and points, it is obvious that we are building something that is pure class, everyone is bought in to it - management, players, fans. Our support today was phenomenal. I feel so proud to be an ITFC fan these days, and I haven't felt that since I don't know when. It was never going to be anything other than a long shot to make the Play offs after where we were when PC got sacked. What is far more important is seeing what is being built.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2022 18:49]

Poll: would you rather

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 18:43 - Mar 19 with 2785 viewsjayessess

1-4-2 record against top half sides under McKenna on 18:39 - Mar 19 by LegendofthePhoenix

You don't go to games do you? The difference is night and day between what we are witnessing now and all the sh1te that has gone on for the last 15 years. If you actually go and watch us play instead of poring over the stats and points, it is obvious that we are building something that is pure class, everyone is bought in to it - management, players, fans. Our support today was phenomenal. I feel so proud to be an ITFC fan these days, and I haven't felt that since I don't know when. It was never going to be anything other than a long shot to make the Play offs after where we were when PC got sacked. What is far more important is seeing what is being built.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2022 18:49]

tbf, the stats (expected goals etc.) also reflect how much better we are!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024