Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not throwing in the towel yet 17:25 - Mar 19 with 1443 viewsquirkie

6pts off 6th with 21pts on offer

Plymouth H Win 2-1 Have to win this one as I'm sure next Sat, Sunderland, Wendies and Wycombe will all win their games

Cambridge H Win 1-0

Shrewsbury A Win 1-0

Rotherham A Draw 1-1

Wigan H Win 2-1

Crewe A Win 3-0

Charlton H Win 2-0

19pts. OK probably a tad optimistic but would give us the 80 pts that would get us in the Play Offs.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Not throwing in the towel yet on 17:26 - Mar 19 with 1408 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Nah I’m done. This was the one to get back into it.
Not throwing in the towel yet on 17:27 - Mar 19 with 1396 viewsVaughan8

Mathematically still do able but realistically we need a miracle.

Doubt we will get 19 points.
Not throwing in the towel yet on 17:28 - Mar 19 with 1376 viewsHipsterectomy

Fck em, as much as we had to catch up it was still in our hands. The players have completely failed this season no matter what you think of Cook

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Not throwing in the towel yet on 17:31 - Mar 19 with 1346 viewssohamblue74

Admire your optimism. But no chance of 6 wins from 7.
McKenna is a good appointment. The fans and the players seem to care again.
So disappointing to be spending yet another season in the 3rd division.
The real blame lies with Evans, Hurst, Lambert, Cook.
Looking forward to next season.
Not throwing in the towel yet on 17:31 - Mar 19 with 1342 viewsblueprint

Not throwing in the towel yet on 17:28 - Mar 19 by Hipsterectomy

Fck em, as much as we had to catch up it was still in our hands. The players have completely failed this season no matter what you think of Cook

Absolute crap. Cook is the reason we’ve had to play catch up.
Not throwing in the towel yet on 17:44 - Mar 19 with 1261 viewsNeedhamChris

Not throwing in the towel yet on 17:28 - Mar 19 by Hipsterectomy

Embarrassing take. Cook ruined this year

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Not throwing in the towel yet on 17:47 - Mar 19 with 1235 viewsjayessess

Not sure why you've chucked a draw in there. Why not win all 7 on the trot!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Not throwing in the towel yet on 18:20 - Mar 19 with 1104 viewsjayessess

On the subject of not throwing in the towel. Out of 6th to 9th we had the hardest fixture. Whilst we had Oxford away, Sunderland had Lincoln away, Sheffield Wednesday Gillingham away and Wycombe Portsmouth away.

You might argue that not losing ground on them is probably as good as we could have hoped for from this round of fixtures.

Login to get fewer ads

Not throwing in the towel yet on 18:22 - Mar 19 with 1093 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Not throwing in the towel yet on 18:20 - Mar 19 by jayessess

On the subject of not throwing in the towel. Out of 6th to 9th we had the hardest fixture. Whilst we had Oxford away, Sunderland had Lincoln away, Sheffield Wednesday Gillingham away and Wycombe Portsmouth away.

You might argue that not losing ground on them is probably as good as we could have hoped for from this round of fixtures.

People will put a spin on anything won’t they. We were seconds away from 3 points so how is it exactly as good as we could have hoped for?
Not throwing in the towel yet on 18:28 - Mar 19 with 1059 viewsTheBoyBlue

That those above us dropped points was the best and worst thing about today's results.

I'm confident we can go the rest of the season unbeaten, but ultimately our lack of composure in front of goal makes it unlikely that we'll win more than 4 or 5. And even if we did win all of them, are enough teams going to drop enough points to overhaul them all? Today is the first time that I have felt the gap is just too much to make up in the time left.

That said, today's results also emphasis how up and down the form of almost all the teams are. Currently Plymouth are the only ones consistently and reliably winning and if we can beat them...

In the context of where we were and off the back of today's dropped points, I'll be delighted if we go into that last game against Charlton still with a chance of sneaking into the play-offs.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Not throwing in the towel yet on 18:32 - Mar 19 with 1031 viewsjayessess

Not throwing in the towel yet on 18:22 - Mar 19 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

People will put a spin on anything won’t they. We were seconds away from 3 points so how is it exactly as good as we could have hoped for?

Well, not "all we could've hoped for" maybe, but not that bad compared to realistic expectations at 3pm!
[Post edited 19 Mar 2022 18:32]

Not throwing in the towel yet on 18:32 - Mar 19 with 1033 viewsKievthegreat

Not throwing in the towel yet on 18:28 - Mar 19 by TheBoyBlue

That those above us dropped points was the best and worst thing about today's results.

I'm confident we can go the rest of the season unbeaten, but ultimately our lack of composure in front of goal makes it unlikely that we'll win more than 4 or 5. And even if we did win all of them, are enough teams going to drop enough points to overhaul them all? Today is the first time that I have felt the gap is just too much to make up in the time left.

That said, today's results also emphasis how up and down the form of almost all the teams are. Currently Plymouth are the only ones consistently and reliably winning and if we can beat them...

In the context of where we were and off the back of today's dropped points, I'll be delighted if we go into that last game against Charlton still with a chance of sneaking into the play-offs.

If we win all our games we end up on 82 points. That will definitely get us in the playoffs. The only thing more amazing than us winning all 7 games would be every team above us more or less matching that.
Not throwing in the towel yet on 18:35 - Mar 19 with 1007 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Not throwing in the towel yet on 18:32 - Mar 19 by jayessess

Well, not "all we could've hoped for" maybe, but not that bad compared to realistic expectations at 3pm!
[Post edited 19 Mar 2022 18:32]

I’d say it was actually our genuine chance to get back in it. Big shame.
Not throwing in the towel yet on 19:00 - Mar 19 with 947 viewsTheBoyBlue

Not throwing in the towel yet on 18:32 - Mar 19 by Kievthegreat

If we win all our games we end up on 82 points. That will definitely get us in the playoffs. The only thing more amazing than us winning all 7 games would be every team above us more or less matching that.

You might be right and certainly in previous seasons, but this looks like being a high bar. The teams above us don't need to match us. In fact, some of them could afford to lose a match or two.

That said, we would be extremely unfortunate to get 82 points and not reach the play-offs.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Not throwing in the towel yet on 19:21 - Mar 19 with 899 viewsJamestownPrince

Bad news on this front

I have been to 3 games this season, we have won none and drawn 2.

I have a ticket for Shrewsbury!!
Not throwing in the towel yet on 19:25 - Mar 19 with 879 viewspointofblue

Not throwing in the towel yet on 19:21 - Mar 19 by JamestownPrince

Bad news on this front

I have been to 3 games this season, we have won none and drawn 2.

I have a ticket for Shrewsbury!!

Please return it!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Not throwing in the towel yet on 19:26 - Mar 19 with 876 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Losing today would have been a big blow. To concede at the end when we might have closed the gap is galling. We really need the win next week and to win most of the rest of our matches. I am still sure it will need fewer than 80 points but we cannot afford to fail to win many of the rest of our matches.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Not throwing in the towel yet on 20:07 - Mar 19 with 789 viewsquirkie

Not throwing in the towel yet on 17:47 - Mar 19 by jayessess

Not sure why you've chucked a draw in there. Why not win all 7 on the trot!

Well we have to slip up somewhere and I guess best place for that would be against the leaders.

Just looked at the form Argyle are on. Last 5 games, won 5 forward 10 against 0.

Next week will be tough.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024