Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We’re on the best run of form for a few years 18:50 - Mar 19 with 2368 viewsVic

And we’re all really excited. Rightly so.

But it’s sobering to realise that all the teams above us, bar Rotherham are on even better form!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 18:53 - Mar 19 with 2117 viewsArnieM

Yes, we are matching the . The only reason we are not top is because we lost 15 points in those initial games of the seas8n, point lost fr9m winning positions I believe… that’s a sobering thought for next season I feel. 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 18:56 - Mar 19 with 2097 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s been a very unusual season; I don’t recall the top eight performing so strongly all at once at the business end of the season. Yet again fate conspires against ITFC.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 19:01 - Mar 19 with 2048 viewsArnieM

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 18:56 - Mar 19 by Illinoisblue

It’s been a very unusual season; I don’t recall the top eight performing so strongly all at once at the business end of the season. Yet again fate conspires against ITFC.

We are a grand new squad. It doesn’t surprise me that we’ve taken most of this season from the players to really bed in. Cook notwithstanding, and the emergence of McKenna, plus the continued re development of this Club on and off the pitch this season, is actually moving ahead at a fairly brisk place. Portman Road will rock next season…..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 19:05 - Mar 19 with 2023 viewsgtsb1966

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 19:01 - Mar 19 by ArnieM

We are a grand new squad. It doesn’t surprise me that we’ve taken most of this season from the players to really bed in. Cook notwithstanding, and the emergence of McKenna, plus the continued re development of this Club on and off the pitch this season, is actually moving ahead at a fairly brisk place. Portman Road will rock next season…..

McKenna with a pre season would've got this squad promoted.
We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 19:09 - Mar 19 with 2003 viewsBluedandy

Best run of form?

We're in the third division, again can't beat a league minnow who play in front of three stands and for the third season in a row in the third tier will not even finish in the top six.

It's shockingly shyte.
We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 19:12 - Mar 19 with 1968 viewswaveneyblue

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 19:09 - Mar 19 by Bluedandy

Best run of form?

We're in the third division, again can't beat a league minnow who play in front of three stands and for the third season in a row in the third tier will not even finish in the top six.

It's shockingly shyte.

Your post is shockingly sh1te.

You manage to mix arrogance and stupidity quite beautifully
We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 19:25 - Mar 19 with 1901 viewsitfcsuth

Best run of form?

It's shockingly shyte.

This post is an incredible blend of arrogance and naivety.
We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 19:30 - Mar 19 with 1878 viewsChurchman

That’s fair, but when you look at the first few months of the season and that our forward line isn’t right yet, it’s clear where the shortfall has been and is. Two goals conceded in ten games, dominating most of our games, I don’t think it’ll take much too much for us to be better than those above and those coming down.
Login to get fewer ads

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 19:59 - Mar 19 with 1781 viewsLeoMuff

Short term were 11th in the form table over the last 6 games…

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 20:06 - Mar 19 with 1755 viewsfarkenhell

Best run of form?

It's shockingly shyte.

Is that the same minnow who we've never beaten away in the league? Even when we were both in the top division?

We're all disappointed to concede in the last minute, but mate, have a sense of perspective.
We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 20:08 - Mar 19 with 1744 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 18:56 - Mar 19 by Illinoisblue

Yep I think usually 75 points is pretty much good enough right?
We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 20:18 - Mar 19 with 1714 viewsStewart27

Best run of form?

It's shockingly shyte.

Get yourself to bed lad

You massive fanny
[Post edited 19 Mar 2022 20:18]
We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 20:23 - Mar 19 with 1684 viewsVic

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 19:30 - Mar 19 by Churchman

That’s fair, but when you look at the first few months of the season and that our forward line isn’t right yet, it’s clear where the shortfall has been and is. Two goals conceded in ten games, dominating most of our games, I don’t think it’ll take much too much for us to be better than those above and those coming down.

Oh Churchy I totally agree! I only see us getting better, but it’s so frustrating because most other seasons our current form and point gathering would see us gradually gaining on those above us. As it is we’re playing well but just treading water! Had we not had that wretched start to the season we’d be comfortably holding our own (treading water) in the play offs.

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 20:45 - Mar 19 with 1560 viewsBluedandy

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 20:06 - Mar 19 by farkenhell

Is that the same minnow who we've never beaten away in the league? Even when we were both in the top division?

We're all disappointed to concede in the last minute, but mate, have a sense of perspective.

Are you seriously comparing Ipswich Town with Oxford United?

Mate you have no football perspective.
We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 20:47 - Mar 19 with 1547 viewsBluedandy

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 20:18 - Mar 19 by Stewart27

Get yourself to bed lad

You massive fanny
[Post edited 19 Mar 2022 20:18]

Are you familiar with the history of Ipswich Town fanny chops?
We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 20:52 - Mar 19 with 1511 viewsRadlett_blue

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 19:30 - Mar 19 by Churchman

No question. We should keep the nucleus of this squad & the fact that only Pigott of our strikers is contracted for next season isn't a problem as this is the one area where we need reinforcements. I will be expecting a very strong Town next season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 20:56 - Mar 19 with 1492 viewsChrisd

Although we’re on a good run, we’ve drawn quite a few games. 5 draws in the last 8 isn’t going to get you in the top 6.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 21:00 - Mar 19 with 1456 viewsLeoMuff

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 20:56 - Mar 19 by Chrisd

Although we’re on a good run, we’ve drawn quite a few games. 5 draws in the last 8 isn’t going to get you in the top 6.

We are only 6th in form over McK 16 games so still plenty of work to do, defence is sorted just need more going forwards, we look like we have the man in place to sort this.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 21:02 - Mar 19 with 1456 viewsRadlett_blue

You're right. The reason Sunderland sacked Jack Ross was that they were drawing far too often - they drew 27/75 league games under him. We need better strikers as well as better balls into the box, but I have confidence that McKenna will sort that.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 21:02 - Mar 19 with 1451 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Indeed, our current 6 match form is not great at all.

Overall under McKenna we have had good form but the last few needed to be equally good or better if we were to lose the gap. We have 7 left in which we would need to better his initial form. Not impossible, but unlikely. 7 straight wins will see us there. Failing to win at least 5 of them won't.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 21:04 - Mar 19 with 1437 viewsChrisd

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 21:00 - Mar 19 by LeoMuff

We are only 6th in form over McK 16 games so still plenty of work to do, defence is sorted just need more going forwards, we look like we have the man in place to sort this.

Agree 100%!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 21:20 - Mar 19 with 1343 viewsFixed_It

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 21:02 - Mar 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed, our current 6 match form is not great at all.

Overall under McKenna we have had good form but the last few needed to be equally good or better if we were to lose the gap. We have 7 left in which we would need to better his initial form. Not impossible, but unlikely. 7 straight wins will see us there. Failing to win at least 5 of them won't.

Form has been fine. Results have been frustrating.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 22:12 - Mar 19 with 1182 viewsVic

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 21:00 - Mar 19 by LeoMuff

Last 6 haven’t been as good as what went before - but there’s not been many times in the last few years that we’ve averaged 2pts a game.

My point is that in previous years even this level of form would have seen us improving rather than standing still.

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 22:18 - Mar 19 with 1128 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 21:20 - Mar 19 by Fixed_It

Form has been fine. Results have been frustrating.

Form is results.

We are playing well, I agree, but without the results the form is not there. Whether it is a lack of taking chances or not seeing a match out, form is about more than just playing well. A team that gets regularly outplayed but knows how to still win matches can be on good form too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 22:24 - Mar 19 with 1105 viewsChurchman

We’re on the best run of form for a few years on 21:02 - Mar 19 by Radlett_blue

You're right. The reason Sunderland sacked Jack Ross was that they were drawing far too often - they drew 27/75 league games under him. We need better strikers as well as better balls into the box, but I have confidence that McKenna will sort that.

It wasn’t just that Sunderland were drawing too many games. According to my mackem mate they were playing garbage too. We are not and if you look at those recent draws, we have not exactly had the rub of the green. It happens.

Where I agree is that yes, we need one or two better strikers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024