Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match review 21:06 - Mar 19 with 766 viewsRobTheMonk

I had a lovely day out with my mate and his Oxford season ticket owning Dad. The generll consensus from both was that we were one of the best ball playing teams they had seen at the Kassam this season. A direct quote was "They played like Oxford try to play, but do it better".

- The goalkeeper and defence again look like a solid unit.
- Bakinson had what I think was his best game for us. I think he's more suited to the type of game where it's less physical and the other teams tries to play a bit. Carroll was also fine today.
- Thompson was fine again. Better at the back than going forward,
- Burns was again on form and some Oxford fans were signing his praise.
- Celina was creative and got his goal and Chaplin was busy although lacks a little quality on the ball at times.
- Now for the elephant in the room... Pigott. He's just not up to it as it stands. Genuinely looks like a non-league striker. We quite simply won't get promoted unless we have strikers that can score goals. Bonne at least is half decent in the air.

Ultimately we played pretty well and made Oxford resort to long balls that Burgess and Wolfie ate up.

The equalizer came from something we've missed - an absolute quality delivery from a corner and their biggest player getting on the end of it. Very hard to defend. Very annoying for us.

Getting into the playoffs is looking more difficult after each passing game, but what I'm seeing from us with Mckenna in charge is so far ahead of what Cook had us doing.
Match review on 07:47 - Mar 20 with 445 viewsGeoffSentence

Nice to see both that they appreciate Burns and are considerate towards the deaf community.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024