Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've still got hope that we can make the play offs 14:51 - Mar 20 with 2248 viewsitfc1108

but is anybody else getting worried that some of our better players are not going to want to spend another year in this league.
I'm thinking of mainly Walton, Morsy and Burns, and also Edmundson and Woolfenden.
What Celina said last week has given me hope though.
I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 14:55 - Mar 20 with 2201 viewspointofblue

I think the players have been sold a vision for the club, one which everyone is behind and pulling in the same direction. Yes, we may lose some players (Morsy is my big concern) but we should be in a financial situation to replace them with a strong enough player in return. But I have the belief that most will give us one more season.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 14:57 - Mar 20 with 2182 viewsFrimleyBlue

Seeing the empty seats of the championship I wonder financially still how competitive clubs can be in the summer.

We might be OK as we can sell the dream still and if it wasn't for the first 2 months.. wed be top 2. So next season should be an easier sell.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 14:57 - Mar 20 with 2190 viewsRonFearonsHair

Not particularly. Burns and Chaplin were at the Women's game today which I think hints at the affection they have for the club and the area, as well as all of the community initiatives Chaplin is involved in. Walton has been moving around on loan so much I would be suprised if he wanted to up sticks again so soon. He knew when he signed permanently that our chances of going up were against us.

I think there is a lot to be said for the direction the club is taking in all areas, as well as the quality of coaching they are now getting.

Having said that, if we don't go up next season I suspect there would be a lot more pressure to cash in on our more valuable assets to balance the books a bit more.
I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 14:58 - Mar 20 with 2169 viewsMach_foreignBlue

No need to worry. We have the owners who are keen to make us better and stronger so even if we lose some of these players we'll find the adequate replacements.
I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 15:11 - Mar 20 with 2111 viewsRozz

I think we'll be OK. Most signed in the summer and we beat competition from Championship clubs by offering 4 year deals in several instances. This would keep the purchase price high, and we know Ashton would probably drive a hard bargain.

If Woolfenden got a chance at a mid-to-top-end Champ club though you might struggle to hold onto him. I think Celina will depend on interest from elsewhere also.
I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 15:13 - Mar 20 with 2095 viewsSitfcB

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 14:57 - Mar 20 by RonFearonsHair

Not particularly. Burns and Chaplin were at the Women's game today which I think hints at the affection they have for the club and the area, as well as all of the community initiatives Chaplin is involved in. Walton has been moving around on loan so much I would be suprised if he wanted to up sticks again so soon. He knew when he signed permanently that our chances of going up were against us.

I think there is a lot to be said for the direction the club is taking in all areas, as well as the quality of coaching they are now getting.

Having said that, if we don't go up next season I suspect there would be a lot more pressure to cash in on our more valuable assets to balance the books a bit more.

Walton was at the game today as well.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 15:20 - Mar 20 with 2056 viewsFtnfwest

Same concerns but it’s almost one of those new housing estate situations when everyone moves in at the same time and it takes a little while to build relationships but from then it’s tight knit. You can see that I think in this squad so hopefully with I expect the odd exception they’ll stay together. A lot are on near championship wages anyway.
I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 15:20 - Mar 20 with 2053 viewshype313

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 14:55 - Mar 20 by pointofblue

I think the players have been sold a vision for the club, one which everyone is behind and pulling in the same direction. Yes, we may lose some players (Morsy is my big concern) but we should be in a financial situation to replace them with a strong enough player in return. But I have the belief that most will give us one more season.

Morsy's 30 and on a decent contract here, it would cost a significant fee to prize him away and I can't see many clubs with the resources to do so.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 15:23 - Mar 20 with 2024 viewsjayessess

I'm not overly concerned, no.

All 5 are on long contracts and earning well. I think it would take a massive fee to force our hand on any of them and if people are offering over the odds we shouldn't worry too much about moving players on.

We paid low 6 figures for Walton, Morsy and Burns, £750k for Edmundson, Woolfenden an academy product who we were considering moving on for cheap in January. How much are all they all worth now?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 15:32]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 15:27 - Mar 20 with 2013 viewsbournemouthblue

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 14:57 - Mar 20 by RonFearonsHair

I get the impression the new owners are wealthy enough to take a hit on keeping some of these players

We must be wary of FFP but at the same time if we build a Championship quality side in League One next year and develop a philosophy and winning mentality, it will serve us well in the Championship

Several clubs have done similar and even managed back to back promotions, so who knows what can be done if we continue moving in the right direction?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 15:40 - Mar 20 with 1955 viewswrightsrightglove

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 15:27 - Mar 20 by bournemouthblue

I get the impression the new owners are wealthy enough to take a hit on keeping some of these players

We must be wary of FFP but at the same time if we build a Championship quality side in League One next year and develop a philosophy and winning mentality, it will serve us well in the Championship

Several clubs have done similar and even managed back to back promotions, so who knows what can be done if we continue moving in the right direction?

I think this will be the case, can’t see the owners being willing to weaken us unless it’s for silly money and I’ve got enough trust in them now that if someone is moved on someone of equal quality will come in. Can’t see any of the current players other than maybe Pigott pushing for a move and I don’t think we’ll stand in his way. I think we’ll have Norwood’s wages off of the books and Simpson will go for a small fee with big sell on clause but can’t see many outgoings other than that.

New contract for Jackson & Aluko
2 new strikers
1 new midfielder
Celina either on loan or permanent
1 LWB
Pigott, Norwood, Carrol all gone
I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 18:03 - Mar 20 with 1642 viewsGarv

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 15:23 - Mar 20 by jayessess

I'm not overly concerned, no.

All 5 are on long contracts and earning well. I think it would take a massive fee to force our hand on any of them and if people are offering over the odds we shouldn't worry too much about moving players on.

We paid low 6 figures for Walton, Morsy and Burns, £750k for Edmundson, Woolfenden an academy product who we were considering moving on for cheap in January. How much are all they all worth now?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 15:32]

I'd be very surprised if the thought of selling Woolfenden off, especially cheaply, ever entered our minds.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 18:07 - Mar 20 with 1630 viewsjayessess

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 18:03 - Mar 20 by Garv

I'd be very surprised if the thought of selling Woolfenden off, especially cheaply, ever entered our minds.

I think it's pretty well documented that we were planning to offload Woolfenden in January, isn't it?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 21:20 - Mar 20 with 1450 viewsGuthrum

Would they rather be permanent first-names-on-the-teamsheet for a side which is likely to be winning loads of games, topping League One and progressing to the Championship, or for a team at the lower end of the latter division, fighting to stave off relegation?

Sure, if they get offers from top Champ or Prem clubs that would be tempting. But would they be anything like guaranteed starters for them?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 22:12 - Mar 20 with 1363 viewsLeoMuff

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 21:20 - Mar 20 by Guthrum

Would they rather be permanent first-names-on-the-teamsheet for a side which is likely to be winning loads of games, topping League One and progressing to the Championship, or for a team at the lower end of the latter division, fighting to stave off relegation?

Sure, if they get offers from top Champ or Prem clubs that would be tempting. But would they be anything like guaranteed starters for them?

Burns has to be the worry, could definitely see a significant bid coming in.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 22:24 - Mar 20 with 1318 viewspointofblue

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 18:07 - Mar 20 by jayessess

I think it's pretty well documented that we were planning to offload Woolfenden in January, isn't it?

Think Cook tried to move Woolfenden on over the summer until he was quietly reminded he was useful as a 'home grown' squad member which would give us flexibility, squad wise. I doubt we were planning to overload him in January as he was in the first XI at that point.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 08:04 - Mar 21 with 1091 viewsITFC_Forever

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 18:03 - Mar 20 by Garv

Cook was all set to offload Woolfenden for peanuts in January.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 08:13 - Mar 21 with 1068 viewsChurchman

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 14:58 - Mar 20 by Mach_foreignBlue

No need to worry. We have the owners who are keen to make us better and stronger so even if we lose some of these players we'll find the adequate replacements.

I agree with this. Good crowds for this level, a sense of direction, a manager whose coaching players seem to like and we will be fine.

Quite frankly, anyone wanting to leave should be moved on anyway. We want people at this club who want to be here.
I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 09:12 - Mar 21 with 951 viewshype313

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 22:12 - Mar 20 by LeoMuff

Burns has to be the worry, could definitely see a significant bid coming in.

But who though? we already out muscled a lot of Championship cubs and if someone were to buy him he has no real re-sale value.

Just doesn't add up financially in a post covid world.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 09:44 - Mar 21 with 876 viewscarlisleaway

Talking about FFP, how does that work if we sold more season tickets.

Also at a meeting* last week discussing our players, if someone came in with an offer for Woolfenden it would have to be a lot of money. But like when Dyer left the club it enabled the club to buy in more quality players with the cash on the table. Would not like to lose Wolfy as along with Morsy and Burns the club has to be built round them
I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 11:45 - Mar 21 with 758 viewsBluroo

Not worried at all.

I’m certain we’ll start next season with a stronger squad that this one, with a number of fringe players sold and some quality” McKenna” players brought in that do fit system and ethos.
I've still got hope that we can make the play offs on 14:14 - Mar 21 with 639 viewsDinDjarin

Was having this conversation only yesterday.

If big bids come in for Fridge or Wolf would not be surprised if one was let go to help fund any new players. We have Burgess and Baggott who can both fill in there.

100% we will have offers in for Burns and Morsy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024