Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Town Old Boys 14:16 - Mar 21 with 2107 viewsRomeo4

I see Col U are on Sky tonight. Any idea why this is? Seems a bit odd as Sky usually pretty much ignore any football below the Championship!
Ipswich Town Old Boys on 14:25 - Mar 21 with 2061 viewsSharkey

I think when the game was scheduled, (a month and a bit ago) Sky may have thought that Forest Green Rovers might even get promoted tonight, so far ahead were they. But as it turns out, if they carry on their poor form tonight, (no wins in seven), they may start to get nervous about being caught.
Ipswich Town Old Boys on 14:53 - Mar 21 with 1972 viewsRadlett_blue

Sky's contract with the EFL obliges them to show a minimum of 20 matches from League 1 & 2 each season, excluding the play-offs.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Ipswich Town Old Boys on 17:39 - Mar 21 with 1785 viewsdominiciawful

Colchester will be wearing a special yellow-and-blue kit, with all ticket sales (£10 across the board) going to help Ukrainian refugees.

Really good stuff.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Ipswich Town Old Boys on 17:41 - Mar 21 with 1778 viewsSitfcB

International break has begun so usually a League 1/2 game on the Monday.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ipswich Town Old Boys on 19:57 - Mar 21 with 1624 viewsRomeo4

Could be a long night for Chambers & co. Forest Green already 1 up and looking much sharper all over the pitch.
Ipswich Town Old Boys on 20:12 - Mar 21 with 1580 viewsOsborneOneNil

Ipswich Town Old Boys on 19:57 - Mar 21 by Romeo4

Could be a long night for Chambers & co. Forest Green already 1 up and looking much sharper all over the pitch.

Standard looks more than one league below our boys.
Ipswich Town Old Boys on 23:18 - Mar 21 with 1329 viewsClareBlue

Ipswich Town Old Boys on 20:12 - Mar 21 by OsborneOneNil

we used to say that about league 1 when we were in the championship
Ipswich Town Old Boys on 23:35 - Mar 21 with 1302 viewshoppy

There were only 5 ‘Ipswich Old Boys’ in their 18 tonight, all of whom started.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Town Old Boys on 06:33 - Mar 22 with 1169 viewsVeggie

Ipswich Town Old Boys on 20:12 - Mar 21 by OsborneOneNil

That makes it even more crucial that the old squad was jettisoned. We’d be in relegation trouble with that lot still here.
Ipswich Town Old Boys on 07:55 - Mar 22 with 1071 viewsChurchman

I saw about half the game and FGR were pretty comfortable. The standard wasn’t the best. However, looking at the table, Col U look to have just about enough on the bottom teams to stay up.
Ipswich Town Old Boys on 08:19 - Mar 22 with 1032 viewsitfcjoe

I was amazed at how poor Forest Green were, on a bad run but runaway leaders of the league and had praise heaped on them.

If Colchester had absolutely anything in the final third they'd have got something out of that - FGR very open and Col u got into a number of decent positions.

Ebou Adams very impressive, he's a player I watched once before and liked - but he totally controlled the midfield last night

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ipswich Town Old Boys on 09:11 - Mar 22 with 951 viewsRomeo4

Ipswich Town Old Boys on 08:19 - Mar 22 by itfcjoe

I was amazed at how poor Forest Green were, on a bad run but runaway leaders of the league and had praise heaped on them.

If Colchester had absolutely anything in the final third they'd have got something out of that - FGR very open and Col u got into a number of decent positions.

Ebou Adams very impressive, he's a player I watched once before and liked - but he totally controlled the midfield last night

I was keeping tabs on Cadden but it was Adams who caught the eye. Impressive performance.

Cadden looked tidy without really impacting the game.

Forest Green obviously had a stonking run to get them where they are but looked like a side who are perhaps struggling to get over the line.
Ipswich Town Old Boys on 11:28 - Mar 22 with 840 viewsSharkey

Ipswich Town Old Boys on 09:11 - Mar 22 by Romeo4

I was keeping tabs on Cadden but it was Adams who caught the eye. Impressive performance.

Forest Green obviously had a stonking run to get them where they are but looked like a side who are perhaps struggling to get over the line.

They were very good for half an hour, best I’ve seen in League 2 all season. After that, nowt special , though Stephenson was better than anything Colchester still have.

One unusual thing was that the ref blew for full time when the ball was in the air on its way into the FGR area.

I’d be ok with CUFC wearing those yellow socks all the time.
Ipswich Town Old Boys on 12:48 - Mar 22 with 746 viewsFPL_Tractor

Ipswich Town Old Boys on 09:11 - Mar 22 by Romeo4

Cadden definitely looks an option for us but i'd wonder about the step up. Hladky probably struggled with that.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Ipswich Town Old Boys on 14:10 - Mar 22 with 700 viewsRadlett_blue

Ipswich Town Old Boys on 11:28 - Mar 22 by Sharkey

They were very good for half an hour, best I’ve seen in League 2 all season. After that, nowt special , though Stephenson was better than anything Colchester still have.

One unusual thing was that the ref blew for full time when the ball was in the air on its way into the FGR area.

I’d be ok with CUFC wearing those yellow socks all the time.

I thought the referee blew when FGR had a free kick in their own area or a goal kick & he waited for the ball to be hoofed into the air before blowing. They all seem to do that & are reluctant to blow when the ball isn't in play. However, refs are advised to blow for full or half time when the ball is in a "neutral" position, rather than when one team is amounting a dangerous attack. For the same reason, you don't see a referee blow when a team has just been awarded a corner kick or free kick near goal, presumably because the players & crowd would be incensed, although referees are only supposed to allow additional time for a penalty kick.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024