Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe 10:07 - Mar 22 with 14736 viewsblueasfook

Sorry but I am in the "bloody ungrateful" camp on this one.

Can we ask for a refund from Iran and send her back?

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:10 - Mar 22 with 4776 viewssolomon

Ok, I’ll bite

Why?
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:11 - Mar 22 with 4769 viewsGeoffSentence

Even Jeremy Hunt has put his hands up and admitted that the UK let her down.

She has every right to be fwcked off with how the UK government handled this.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:12 - Mar 22 with 4752 viewsblueasfook

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:10 - Mar 22 by solomon

Ok, I’ll bite

Why?

I didn't hear her whining about it taking six years for her to be released when she was in Iran. She waited until she got back before having a dig at the government. Next time, she's in a pickle, guess who won't be paying 400m to get her out.

TWTD Veteran

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:13 - Mar 22 with 4747 viewscooperd5

Seriously? She gets left to rot in an Iranian jail for 6 years and only released cos we want oil and you expect gratitude?
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:14 - Mar 22 with 4729 viewsKeno

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:10 - Mar 22 by solomon

Ok, I’ll bite

Why?

she could have said tanks for getting me home

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:15 - Mar 22 with 4724 viewssolomon

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:12 - Mar 22 by blueasfook

I didn't hear her whining about it taking six years for her to be released when she was in Iran. She waited until she got back before having a dig at the government. Next time, she's in a pickle, guess who won't be paying 400m to get her out.

Maybe she didn’t want to appear to be speaking for Tehran?
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:16 - Mar 22 with 4712 viewsclive_baker

What's the expression, until you've walked a mile in their shoes?

She's lost 6 years of her life in solitary confinement in the psychiatric ward of a prison in Iran, away from her home, her husband & her child. I think she has every right to be f**ked off.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:16 - Mar 22 with 4700 viewsblueasfook

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:14 - Mar 22 by Keno

she could have said tanks for getting me home

That debt was from the 1970s. Petty sods arent they!

Just forget about it. Jeez!

TWTD Veteran

Login to get fewer ads

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:18 - Mar 22 with 4695 viewsblueasfook

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:16 - Mar 22 by clive_baker

What's the expression, until you've walked a mile in their shoes?

She's lost 6 years of her life in solitary confinement in the psychiatric ward of a prison in Iran, away from her home, her husband & her child. I think she has every right to be f**ked off.

So it's our government's fault she was kidnapped in Iran? Ok then. Maybe we should kidnap some Russians in the UK and throw them in prison until Russia does what we want.

TWTD Veteran

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:19 - Mar 22 with 4693 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes, she should be bowing and scraping to your heroes, as should we all.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:20 - Mar 22 with 4686 viewsSteve_M

I remember when you used to be reasonably good at this trolling lark, now just a Toilet Blue tribute act.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:20 - Mar 22 with 4679 viewstractordownsouth

Well then you're an idiot.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:24 - Mar 22 with 4615 viewsusm

Its all Maggie's fault, you know.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:24 - Mar 22 with 4613 viewsclive_baker

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:18 - Mar 22 by blueasfook

So it's our government's fault she was kidnapped in Iran? Ok then. Maybe we should kidnap some Russians in the UK and throw them in prison until Russia does what we want.

I quite clearly didn't say that, you might've misread.

The point is that after that sort of ordeal, I don't think it's fair to label someone as "bloody ungrateful". You and I have absolutely zero idea whatsoever what that is likely to do to someone and their mindset, I'm shocked she comes across as well put together as she does tbh. People p1ssing their pants that she's not desperate to thank this sh1t government is embarrassing, frankly.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:25 - Mar 22 with 4592 viewsblueasfook

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:20 - Mar 22 by Steve_M

I remember when you used to be reasonably good at this trolling lark, now just a Toilet Blue tribute act.

Not trolling. Happens to be my opinion.

Given that Iran is trying to acquire nuclear weapons I can see the reason why handing over 400m to them is tricky. Plus EU sanctions made it difficult to pay them.

TWTD Veteran

Not sure where to start with this, but will have a go on 10:28 - Mar 22 with 4579 viewsBobbychase

Picture the scene. You're on holiday in a remote cottage with some friends. The friends say they are going hiking for a few days and you stay behind. You realise they've locked you in and you have no keys and none of the windows will open. You call them several times but they don't pick up.

When they come back six days later and finally unlock the front door, are your first words: "Oh thanks, I'm so grateful you let me out." or "WHAT THE F**K IS WRONG WITH YOU."

PS: Why didn't she complain while in prison in Iran? Probably because she knew any wrong word or phrase taken out of context would see her time in jail extended further.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:32 - Mar 22 with 4528 viewsGeoffSentence

Her husband did rather a lot of 'whining' on her behalf though. He even went on hunger strike to bring attention to the governments failure to help out. Was that sufficiently whiny for you?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:33 - Mar 22 with 4515 viewsblueasfook

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:24 - Mar 22 by clive_baker

I quite clearly didn't say that, you might've misread.

The point is that after that sort of ordeal, I don't think it's fair to label someone as "bloody ungrateful". You and I have absolutely zero idea whatsoever what that is likely to do to someone and their mindset, I'm shocked she comes across as well put together as she does tbh. People p1ssing their pants that she's not desperate to thank this sh1t government is embarrassing, frankly.

If she is going to blame anybody, it should be the government who short changed the Iranians back in 1979.

TWTD Veteran

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:36 - Mar 22 with 4501 viewsDarth_Koont

6 years where she had no idea when if ever she’d be released while missing probably the most important and special time of her daughter’s life growing up ...

I wouldn’t have been nearly so restrained and gracious. And I’d tell people like you to shove it sideways too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:37 - Mar 22 with 4499 viewsBobbychase

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:33 - Mar 22 by blueasfook

If she is going to blame anybody, it should be the government who short changed the Iranians back in 1979.

She lost six years of her life, of time with her daughter, and the people who could have rectified this at any point chose not to. The roots of the issue may go back to the 1970s but the solution could have been found any one of them.

In fact in the case of Boris, he made her situation worse while he was foreign secretary.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:38 - Mar 22 with 4467 viewsmonytowbray

Bootlickasfook.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 10:53 - Mar 22 with 4408 viewsSwansea_Blue

You missed her husband going on hunger strike in protest of the lack of action form the Govt then?

Not sure if you're trolling or not, but if not this is probably one of the daftest things I've seen on here. That's some feat.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:07 - Mar 22 with 4348 viewsRyorry

You stupid, insensitive, unpleasant, vindictive fool.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on 11:17 - Mar 22 with 4311 viewsElephantintheRoom

Perhaps you should try 6 years in an Irainian jail - it might give you a sense of perspective

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Not sure where to start with this, but will have a go on 11:17 - Mar 22 with 4304 viewsBlueNomad

Not sure where to start with this, but will have a go on 10:28 - Mar 22 by Bobbychase

Picture the scene. You're on holiday in a remote cottage with some friends. The friends say they are going hiking for a few days and you stay behind. You realise they've locked you in and you have no keys and none of the windows will open. You call them several times but they don't pick up.

When they come back six days later and finally unlock the front door, are your first words: "Oh thanks, I'm so grateful you let me out." or "WHAT THE F**K IS WRONG WITH YOU."

PS: Why didn't she complain while in prison in Iran? Probably because she knew any wrong word or phrase taken out of context would see her time in jail extended further.

Or you would be "helped" to stay longer by allowing the Buffoon In Chief to open his mouth in the HoC........................................
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024