Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieron Dyer 19:02 - Mar 22 with 2404 viewsIpswich24

Just listened to whole interview which is fascinating, what it all boils down to is lack of chances for the academy lads and that he believes some of the lads in the academy are better than what we have in 1st team. Also Kieron obviously thinks his opinions don't hold much weight
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 21:04]

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

Kieron Dyer on 19:07 - Mar 22 with 2345 viewsmylittletown

Did he say who?

Much as I love Kieron, I am stuggling to think of an obvious case.
Kieron Dyer on 19:09 - Mar 22 with 2316 viewsFrimleyBlue

Kieron Dyer on 19:07 - Mar 22 by mylittletown

Did he say who?

Humphries. Chiwera ( spelling wrong I'm certain) Simpson etc

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Kieron Dyer on 19:11 - Mar 22 with 2293 viewsThai_Blue

Great listen and I totally agree with you. KD is always a great listen on the podcasts that I've listened with him in. True blue and I wish him all the best with his transplant.His views on Tyreece Simpson was also spot on.
Kieron Dyer on 19:23 - Mar 22 with 2206 viewsIpswich24

Kieron Dyer on 19:07 - Mar 22 by mylittletown

Did he say who?

He said Humphreys apart from Morsey is best midfielder at the club

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

Kieron Dyer on 19:24 - Mar 22 with 2195 viewsmylittletown

Kieron Dyer on 19:09 - Mar 22 by FrimleyBlue

Humphries. Chiwera ( spelling wrong I'm certain) Simpson etc

I've never seen Simpson play in real life, and I guess that given our recent goalscoring problems, you could make a case.
The other two are really good young players, but I can't really see who they would justifiably replace?
Kieron himself, was obviously an exceptional talent, 40+ England caps etc, but there are people who thought that he got too many miles on the clock too young, and that he paid for it later.
Kieron Dyer on 19:35 - Mar 22 with 2095 viewsOriginalMarkyP

It is an excellent interview.

And for those of us saying why couldn't he wait, look at the guys emotion. It will have been a massive decision for him to quit. But he did it because he feels the players under his charge aren't getting a decent enough crack. Look at the emotion on display He clearly couldn't keep doing what he was doing and ignore what he felt. He had to act. He seems very honest and doesn't throw anyone under the bus. Also once he quit it makes sense to clear the air rather than let people write their own story of why he did. He's very clear.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Kieron Dyer on 19:37 - Mar 22 with 2087 viewsjayessess

Only Humphreys mentioned as actually better than our 1st teamers. Chirewa he talks about as a goalscorer who'd be worth getting on the bench and Simpson as worth an opportunity given the contract situations of Norwood, Bonne and Jackson.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Kieron Dyer on 20:10 - Mar 22 with 1927 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Kieron Dyer on 19:37 - Mar 22 by jayessess

Only Humphreys mentioned as actually better than our 1st teamers. Chirewa he talks about as a goalscorer who'd be worth getting on the bench and Simpson as worth an opportunity given the contract situations of Norwood, Bonne and Jackson.

You’re right and it raises the age old debate about whether our academy are under utilised or over hyped. KD is clearly in the former camp. It remains to be seen where KMc stands on this but if he thinks that Bakinson is better than Humphreys it’s difficult not to trust his judgment on this at the moment.

Poll: Our final position

Login to get fewer ads

Kieron Dyer on 20:31 - Mar 22 with 1843 viewsjayessess

Kieron Dyer on 20:10 - Mar 22 by southnorfolkblue

You’re right and it raises the age old debate about whether our academy are under utilised or over hyped. KD is clearly in the former camp. It remains to be seen where KMc stands on this but if he thinks that Bakinson is better than Humphreys it’s difficult not to trust his judgment on this at the moment.

Humphreys really does look a wonderful prospect. But I'm not sure you can say he's a victim of a blocked pathway at 18.

Kieron Dyer on 20:37 - Mar 22 with 1767 viewsFrimleyBlue

Kieron Dyer on 20:31 - Mar 22 by jayessess

Humphreys really does look a wonderful prospect. But I'm not sure you can say he's a victim of a blocked pathway at 18.

Hasn't there also been a discussion about his best position? wasn't he a left sided player but we played him centrally in the first team appearances? or maybe it was the other way round?

Waka waka eh eh

Kieron Dyer on 20:38 - Mar 22 with 1750 viewsjayessess

Kieron Dyer on 20:37 - Mar 22 by FrimleyBlue

Hasn't there also been a discussion about his best position? wasn't he a left sided player but we played him centrally in the first team appearances? or maybe it was the other way round?

He was left wing back in the FA Youth cup run, but has been a CM since the Summer. I was wondering the other day if the pathway to LWB might be more open to him.

Kieron Dyer on 20:41 - Mar 22 with 1731 viewsFrimleyBlue

Kieron Dyer on 20:38 - Mar 22 by jayessess

He was left wing back in the FA Youth cup run, but has been a CM since the Summer. I was wondering the other day if the pathway to LWB might be more open to him.

So in the space of 3/4's of a season he's suddenly the best midfielder at the club behind Morsy? give over.

Waka waka eh eh

Kieron Dyer on 20:42 - Mar 22 with 1732 viewsxrayspecs

KD has had Simpson with the first team squad and has chosen not to select him.
Baggot is someone that KD has said he likes a lot, has been in recent squads and on the bench last week.

Humphrey’s and Chirewa have both impressed for U23s but they are both 18. U23s football is nothing like L1. They could get into the squad next season but hard to make the case for them over Bakinson who has championship experience, or Carroll.
Kieron Dyer on 20:56 - Mar 22 with 1634 viewsjayessess

Kieron Dyer on 20:41 - Mar 22 by FrimleyBlue

So in the space of 3/4's of a season he's suddenly the best midfielder at the club behind Morsy? give over.

Stranger things have happened than a very promising 17-year-old footballer becoming an outstanding 18-year-old footballer.

Kieron Dyer on 21:00 - Mar 22 with 1616 viewsFrimleyBlue

Kieron Dyer on 20:56 - Mar 22 by jayessess

Stranger things have happened than a very promising 17-year-old footballer becoming an outstanding 18-year-old footballer.

I get that, but hard to believe we have someone who is used to coaching world class midfielders not selecting the clubs best midfielder when we call carroll off his sickbed to go on the bench. Think Kieron has scored a massive own goal with that opinion.

Waka waka eh eh

Kieron Dyer on 21:01 - Mar 22 with 1610 viewsParisBlue

Kieron Dyer on 20:56 - Mar 22 by jayessess

Often during pre season. Flynn Downes came from nowhere. Same with Luke Hyam under Keane.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Kieron Dyer on 21:06 - Mar 22 with 1550 viewsjayessess

Kieron Dyer on 21:00 - Mar 22 by FrimleyBlue

I get that, but hard to believe we have someone who is used to coaching world class midfielders not selecting the clubs best midfielder when we call carroll off his sickbed to go on the bench. Think Kieron has scored a massive own goal with that opinion.

Massive own goal is a bit much. It's a subjective opinion and there's a lot of reasons McKenna might hesitate to put an 18-year-old straight into the first team that aren't about ability.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 21:18]

Kieron Dyer on 21:14 - Mar 22 with 1471 viewsFrimleyBlue

Kieron Dyer on 21:06 - Mar 22 by jayessess

Massive own goal is a bit much. It's a subjective opinion and there's a lot of reasons McKenna might hesitate to put an 18-year-old straight into the first team that aren't about ability.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 21:18]

Absolutely agree and I'm not shocked that he hasn't done so but hope he does at some point, but it's clearly annoyed Dyer that we've not used him.

Waka waka eh eh

Kieron Dyer on 21:20 - Mar 22 with 1428 viewsxrayspecs

Loved watching KD playing for us, and do not question his love of the club.

He appears to be very empathetic with the players, Nors among others who have praised his man management skills.

It is also the same KD who admitted earlier this season that it had taken him a while to realise that the purpose of the U23 team was not to win the league (with first teamers) but to develop players. That sounded naive at the time and his comments today also raise the same question.

I cannot believe that KM, in his first managerial appointment, where the brief this season is to keep the season alive, would not select players who could improve his team because they were in the U23 squad. They does not make sense.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 21:21]
Kieron Dyer on 21:30 - Mar 22 with 1363 viewsjayessess

Kieron Dyer on 21:14 - Mar 22 by FrimleyBlue

Absolutely agree and I'm not shocked that he hasn't done so but hope he does at some point, but it's clearly annoyed Dyer that we've not used him.

I guess he sees the reluctance to use Humphreys as indicative a wider policy that blocks pathways with outside recruitment. Time will tell if he's right.

Kieron Dyer on 21:38 - Mar 22 with 1303 viewsFrimleyBlue

Kieron Dyer on 21:30 - Mar 22 by jayessess

I guess he sees the reluctance to use Humphreys as indicative a wider policy that blocks pathways with outside recruitment. Time will tell if he's right.

But this is the thing especially using humphries as the example ( Only because he did)

If we're talking about bringing people in instead of using youth, we brought in a player that Ashton knew, the other staff knew, with championship apperances, over using an 18 year old who at that point had played half a season in the u23's as a CM, it's not a shock is it?

We've yet to see how KM views the u23s or how he will utilise it, Simpson was getting involved banged in 2 u23 goals the week he had trained with the firsts, and got injured.. who knows how that could have played out the following week...

I don't personally feel Dyer gets the differences in levels, especially using Wycombe bench players within his examples.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024