Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. 03:40 - Mar 23 with 3895 viewsEireannach_gorm

https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/courts/man-61-who-shouted-irish-at-soccer-star
Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 07:30 - Mar 23 with 2486 viewsArnieM

If he’d left the word “ Irish” out no one in the media would have given a flying one ….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 08:14 - Mar 23 with 2416 viewsMattinLondon

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 07:30 - Mar 23 by ArnieM

If he’d left the word “ Irish” out no one in the media would have given a flying one ….

But he didn’t and he deserves to be banned.

Bell ends always seem to target James McClean. Who would have thought that not wanting to wear a poppy would bring out the snowflakes.
Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 08:20 - Mar 23 with 2390 viewsBlue_Order

No need for the anti-Irishness there tbh.

“Terrorist loving ****” would have been fine.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 08:24 - Mar 23 with 2356 viewsbluelagos

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 08:20 - Mar 23 by Blue_Order

On what basis do you say that?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 08:25 - Mar 23 with 2358 viewsMattinLondon

He’s Irish, he’s a nationalist and he holds opinions.

Apparently that makes him a target by pricks.
Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 08:31 - Mar 23 with 2339 viewsBlue_Order

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 08:24 - Mar 23 by bluelagos

On what basis do you say that?

That he loves the IRA? That’s common knowledge, isn’t it?
Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 08:40 - Mar 23 with 2305 viewsKeno

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 08:31 - Mar 23 by Blue_Order

But are the IRA anymore terrorists than say the ANC or maybe even the Para's were in Derry?

Not sure who the quote is originally attributed to but there is saying "one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist"

Bad things were done on both sides, and while those bad things cant be forgotten hopefully we have moved

Please God, Allah or Kieron McKenna may the short sightedness of some politicians never allow those times to return
[Post edited 23 Mar 2022 8:41]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 08:43 - Mar 23 with 2291 viewsbluelagos

Never read or heard him state he loves the IRA. I know he comes from Derry and has nationalist sympathies. The two are not the same.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 09:00 - Mar 23 with 2223 viewsleitrimblue

Being against the occupation of your country makes you a
'Terrorist loving c-unit'? That's gonna come has a bit of a shock to millions of Ukrainians
Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 09:01 - Mar 23 with 2216 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Have you read what he has to say on the matter or are you equating no poppy = loves the IRA?

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 09:12 - Mar 23 with 2153 viewsLord_Lucan

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 08:40 - Mar 23 by Keno

But are the IRA anymore terrorists than say the ANC or maybe even the Para's were in Derry?

Not sure who the quote is originally attributed to but there is saying "one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist"

Bad things were done on both sides, and while those bad things cant be forgotten hopefully we have moved

Please God, Allah or Kieron McKenna may the short sightedness of some politicians never allow those times to return

Give your head a wobble Keno.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 09:12 - Mar 23 with 2153 viewsZXBlue

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 08:40 - Mar 23 by Keno

Yes. Yes they were / are.
Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 09:32 - Mar 23 with 2122 viewsEireannach_gorm

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 09:00 - Mar 23 by leitrimblue

Being against the occupation of your country makes you a
'Terrorist loving c-unit'? That's gonna come has a bit of a shock to millions of Ukrainians

https://www.sundayworld.com/news/breaking-news/ukrainian-soldiers-study-iras-gre
Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 09:47 - Mar 23 with 2073 viewsjeera

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 09:12 - Mar 23 by ZXBlue

You're not familiar with the UVF et al, who were equally as disgusting at targeting civilians just for being Catholic?

The atrocities committed were inexplicable.

I don't say on both sides because it was far more complex than two sides, but with innocents unwillingly dragged in and punished as always.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2022 9:54]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 09:49 - Mar 23 with 2048 viewsleitrimblue

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 09:12 - Mar 23 by ZXBlue

Would you like to attempt to explain that in more detail?
Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 09:53 - Mar 23 with 2014 viewsjeera

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 09:49 - Mar 23 by leitrimblue

Would you like to attempt to explain that in more detail?

I can only assume they saw the word paras and didn't bother to consider its meaning.

People are always quick to jump in with an opinion without much thought.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 09:58 - Mar 23 with 1982 viewsEireannach_gorm

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 09:47 - Mar 23 by jeera

You're not familiar with the UVF et al, who were equally as disgusting at targeting civilians just for being Catholic?

The atrocities committed were inexplicable.

I don't say on both sides because it was far more complex than two sides, but with innocents unwillingly dragged in and punished as always.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2022 9:54]

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2019/02/20/news/forty-years-o
Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 10:00 - Mar 23 with 1963 viewsWD19

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 08:25 - Mar 23 by MattinLondon

He’s Irish, he’s a nationalist and he holds opinions.

Apparently that makes him a target by pricks.

I can think of a few English nationalists with opinions who might get targeted as well.

Deservedly so.
Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 10:06 - Mar 23 with 1937 viewsleitrimblue

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 09:53 - Mar 23 by jeera

I can only assume they saw the word paras and didn't bother to consider its meaning.

People are always quick to jump in with an opinion without much thought.

Yer, I imagine it's exactly that. Though if anyone does fancy a crack at explaining how support for the IRA makes you more of a terrorist loving c-unit then those supporting the ANC or Ukrainians fighting against the invasion and occupation of their country I promise to mark it fairly
Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 10:28 - Mar 23 with 1804 viewsGlasgowBlue

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 10:06 - Mar 23 by leitrimblue

Yer, I imagine it's exactly that. Though if anyone does fancy a crack at explaining how support for the IRA makes you more of a terrorist loving c-unit then those supporting the ANC or Ukrainians fighting against the invasion and occupation of their country I promise to mark it fairly

I'm pretty sure Zelensky hasn't sanctioned sending cells to Moscow or St Petersburg to plant bombs outside of McDonalds with the intention of blowing the arms, legs and heads off innocent children.

Some could make the argument that British soldiers on Irish soil were a legitimate target, and that is a whole different debate. But sending bombers to the UK mainland to kill and maim innocent civilians is my definition of a terrorists.

Boris Johnson was quite rightly condemned for comparing those fighting in Ukraine with people who voted Brexit. You comparing the Ukrainians fighting Russian soldiers invading their homeland with cowardly murderers who blew up innocent little kids walking into McDonalds, or mums, dads and grandparents enjoying a pint in a Birmingham pub is even more deplorable.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 10:55 - Mar 23 with 1749 viewsEireannach_gorm

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 10:28 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

I'm pretty sure Zelensky hasn't sanctioned sending cells to Moscow or St Petersburg to plant bombs outside of McDonalds with the intention of blowing the arms, legs and heads off innocent children.

Some could make the argument that British soldiers on Irish soil were a legitimate target, and that is a whole different debate. But sending bombers to the UK mainland to kill and maim innocent civilians is my definition of a terrorists.

Boris Johnson was quite rightly condemned for comparing those fighting in Ukraine with people who voted Brexit. You comparing the Ukrainians fighting Russian soldiers invading their homeland with cowardly murderers who blew up innocent little kids walking into McDonalds, or mums, dads and grandparents enjoying a pint in a Birmingham pub is even more deplorable.

https://www.nam.ac.uk/explore/conflict-Palestine
Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 10:59 - Mar 23 with 1729 viewsleitrimblue

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 10:28 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

So your definition of a terrorist is someone who goes to another country and kills and maims innocent civilians? So like the paras on bloody Sunday for example?
Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 11:02 - Mar 23 with 1709 viewsleitrimblue

I agree 100% that only the military are legitimate targets. But if your up against a state backed military who don't play by those rules then it all gets very messy
Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 11:17 - Mar 23 with 1624 viewsGlasgowBlue

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 10:59 - Mar 23 by leitrimblue

So your definition of a terrorist is someone who goes to another country and kills and maims innocent civilians? So like the paras on bloody Sunday for example?

If a park shoots an unarmed innocent civilian then clearly there is a murder charge to answer.

At the trial mitigating circumstances can be provided. We’re shots fired at the soldiers first? If they are poorly trained to react in such circumstances then there is a case for the government if the day to also answer.

So no, I don’t support the killing of innocent civilians by British soldiers. And I would put them Through due process.

But defending the actions of the IRA by saying what about the paras is whatabouterry. The IRA were a murderous terrorist organisation. As were the UVF and other loyalist paramilitary groups.

Back to the op. There is no excuse for racial abuse aimed at McLean. It’s wrong. Full stop.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2022 11:18]

Iron Lion Zion

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 11:25 - Mar 23 with 1584 viewsGlasgowBlue

Didn't mean it, your honour, It was only bantz. on 10:55 - Mar 23 by Eireannach_gorm

https://www.nam.ac.uk/explore/conflict-Palestine

What point are you trying to make?

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024