Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stock cars and bangers 05:13 - Mar 24 with 846 viewsbrazil1981

As Easter Monday match has been moved to Tuesday, thinking of taking my lads to Foxhall. Haven’t been myself since I was a kid but think it’s every Ipswich boy’s ‘Right of Passage’ to go at least once in their life!

Any tips from regulars on where to stand, does it get busy these days etc? My Mrs is also worried about safety with flying debris etc, presume in this day and age fencing etc is pretty good?

Do the still finish with the ‘Demolition Derby’?

Stock cars and bangers on 09:33 - Mar 24 with 682 viewsmarvellous

It does get pretty busy and probably more so being a BH weekend.

There is now a grandstand along the back straight again which has been free entry for the last couple of times we've been. If not, I prefer sitting at the scoreboard end away from all of the refreshments stands as there's less through traffic - don't forget your camping chairs!

You don't need to worry about debris too much as the fences are tall and sturdy, plus the cars are a lot safer and more rigourously scrutinised nowadays. I've been going for >30 years and have never witnessed anything getting in to the spectators.

They don't always finish with a destruction derby but tend to on their bigger, higher attendance fixtures. The Bangers are good value during the normal "races" anyway. According to the website, there's Hot Rods, Lightning Rods and Bangers so should be a good day or racing and entertainment.
Stock cars and bangers on 09:37 - Mar 24 with 671 viewsclive_baker

Blimey that takes me back to childhood birthday parties. Do you still have to sit on those cold concrete steps? Something I always associate with ITFC match days too, pouring out of town and seeing bangers on the back of trailers making their way to Foxhall.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Stock cars and bangers on 09:51 - Mar 24 with 627 viewsbrazil1981

Stock cars and bangers on 09:33 - Mar 24 by marvellous

It does get pretty busy and probably more so being a BH weekend.

There is now a grandstand along the back straight again which has been free entry for the last couple of times we've been. If not, I prefer sitting at the scoreboard end away from all of the refreshments stands as there's less through traffic - don't forget your camping chairs!

You don't need to worry about debris too much as the fences are tall and sturdy, plus the cars are a lot safer and more rigourously scrutinised nowadays. I've been going for >30 years and have never witnessed anything getting in to the spectators.

They don't always finish with a destruction derby but tend to on their bigger, higher attendance fixtures. The Bangers are good value during the normal "races" anyway. According to the website, there's Hot Rods, Lightning Rods and Bangers so should be a good day or racing and entertainment.

Thanks for that, definitely give it a go I think!
Stock cars and bangers on 09:54 - Mar 24 with 634 viewsITFC_Forever

Until recently, I was a marshal there for the last 12 years...

Assuming the weather is ok, Easter Monday will be busy-ish, but no-where near the capacity crowds of the big meetings later in the year, you can save a couple of quid by booking the tickets in advance on the Spedeworth website nearer the time.
http://www.spedeworth.co.uk/index2.php# - follow the links to Ipswich.

There are now big grandstands on the back straight which you can see if you zoom in on the stadium on google maps.

The fencing is high enough to stop any debris, and the safety is more than good.

There's unlikley to be a DD on Easter Monday, they only tend to happen occaisionally, usually at the end of a big meeting or the end of the season.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Stock cars and bangers on 09:57 - Mar 24 with 608 viewsbrazil1981

Stock cars and bangers on 09:37 - Mar 24 by clive_baker

Blimey that takes me back to childhood birthday parties. Do you still have to sit on those cold concrete steps? Something I always associate with ITFC match days too, pouring out of town and seeing bangers on the back of trailers making their way to Foxhall.

Yep likewise, remember going for treat as a boy in the 70s and quite enjoying, even though I didn’t have a clue who’d won!!!!

My two lads are almost grown up now but think I’ll take them along for a ‘boys day out’! Taken them to speedway occasionally over the years and they quite enjoyed it, once or twice a season is enough for me though I think!
Stock cars and bangers on 10:01 - Mar 24 with 597 viewsbrazil1981

Stock cars and bangers on 09:54 - Mar 24 by ITFC_Forever

Until recently, I was a marshal there for the last 12 years...

Assuming the weather is ok, Easter Monday will be busy-ish, but no-where near the capacity crowds of the big meetings later in the year, you can save a couple of quid by booking the tickets in advance on the Spedeworth website nearer the time.
http://www.spedeworth.co.uk/index2.php# - follow the links to Ipswich.

There are now big grandstands on the back straight which you can see if you zoom in on the stadium on google maps.

The fencing is high enough to stop any debris, and the safety is more than good.

There's unlikley to be a DD on Easter Monday, they only tend to happen occaisionally, usually at the end of a big meeting or the end of the season.

That’s great, thanks for the tips!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024