Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? 11:31 - Mar 24 with 3260 viewsSimonds92

I guess the obvious answer would be Harry Kane but he was pretty dreadful while he was on loan. I think the one that stood out for me was Ross Barkley who just looked miles ahead of anyone on the pitch. Harry Maguire was decent enough but not head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch. I do remember Marcos Alonso stood out but for being absolutely awful.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2022 11:33]
Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 11:37 - Mar 24 with 2480 viewsmylittletown

I was going to say Fernando Hierro for Bolton, but I think that was an FA Cup game.
Still an astonishingly accomplished performance.
Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 11:42 - Mar 24 with 2456 viewsclive_baker

Probably not the best but one that springs to mind is Lallana when Southampton dicked us 2-5 on their way to back to back promotions. He absolutely tore us apart, against the likes of Lee Martin who was absolute dross. That team of Cork, Schniederlin, Lallana, Lambert was, in hindisght, so good at Championship level. 2 went on to Liverpool and multiple England caps, 1 to Man United and 1 to be a Premier League regular and even get an England cap himself.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 11:45 - Mar 24 with 2445 viewsRobTheMonk

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 11:42 - Mar 24 by clive_baker

Probably not the best but one that springs to mind is Lallana when Southampton dicked us 2-5 on their way to back to back promotions. He absolutely tore us apart, against the likes of Lee Martin who was absolute dross. That team of Cork, Schniederlin, Lallana, Lambert was, in hindisght, so good at Championship level. 2 went on to Liverpool and multiple England caps, 1 to Man United and 1 to be a Premier League regular and even get an England cap himself.

Lallana was a really interesting player to watch. An incredibly well balanced player and not the type of player you see very often.
Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 11:47 - Mar 24 with 2421 viewsFrimleyBlue

Wilfred Zaha. 2012

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 11:49 - Mar 24 with 2412 viewsclive_baker

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 11:45 - Mar 24 by RobTheMonk

Lallana was a really interesting player to watch. An incredibly well balanced player and not the type of player you see very often.

Absolutely right, heck of a good footballer. He was incredibly good technically and earnt his stripes through the leagues. A player you rarely saw have a bad game. Wasn't long between him being a regular in League 1 and getting his full England caps.

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 11:52 - Mar 24 with 2402 viewsDyland

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 11:42 - Mar 24 by clive_baker

I remember not begrudging them that. Cracking performance and showed how far off we were.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 11:53 - Mar 24 with 2394 viewstractorboy1978

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 11:49 - Mar 24 by clive_baker

Absolutely right, heck of a good footballer. He was incredibly good technically and earnt his stripes through the leagues. A player you rarely saw have a bad game. Wasn't long between him being a regular in League 1 and getting his full England caps.

Apart from Cork, the other 3 you mentioned all played for them in L1. Along with Jose Fonte, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Puncheon. Not a bad side...
Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 11:54 - Mar 24 with 2386 viewsBeckets

That would be my first choice too. Honourable mention to Shane Long for Reading.
Login to get fewer ads

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 11:58 - Mar 24 with 2358 viewsRobTheMonk

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 11:54 - Mar 24 by Beckets

That would be my first choice too. Honourable mention to Shane Long for Reading.

I wouldn't be adverse to offering Shane Long a two year deal as the experienced striker role!
Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 12:12 - Mar 24 with 2284 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 11:47 - Mar 24 by FrimleyBlue

Wilfred Zaha. 2012

2nd best winger that played against us for Palace that season

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 12:16 - Mar 24 with 2269 viewsMillsey

Grealish
Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 12:18 - Mar 24 with 2246 viewsSparky85

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 12:12 - Mar 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I went to watch a Palace - Blackburn game that season. Corporate offer.

Palace were an awesome watch. Garvan looked incredible feeding passes out to Zaha and Bolasie, with Glenn Murray upfront.
Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 12:21 - Mar 24 with 2222 viewscressi

Horrible to say
Roy Keane in training lol
[Post edited 24 Mar 2022 12:22]
Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 12:30 - Mar 24 with 2155 viewsBlueschev

Jermaine Defoe back in 2003 at home.
Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 12:43 - Mar 24 with 2117 viewsDyland

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 12:16 - Mar 24 by Millsey

Grealish

Has there been more than one? The one Villa game I remember had him falling over a lot and shooting wildly. Granted, showed flashes of his undoubted flair, but the best performance in twenty years? Not in the top hundred :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 12:46 - Mar 24 with 2086 viewsFrimleyBlue

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 12:12 - Mar 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Was the other Bolasie? Can't remember if that's to long ago to be him?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 12:50 - Mar 24 with 2076 viewstractorboy1978

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 12:43 - Mar 24 by Dyland

Has there been more than one? The one Villa game I remember had him falling over a lot and shooting wildly. Granted, showed flashes of his undoubted flair, but the best performance in twenty years? Not in the top hundred :)

There was a game just after Mick left - they beat us 3-0 I think at home. He turned up with his socks rolled down, smoking a cigar and took the p!ss.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2022 12:51]
Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 12:59 - Mar 24 with 2020 viewsTractorCam

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 11:53 - Mar 24 by tractorboy1978

Apart from Cork, the other 3 you mentioned all played for them in L1. Along with Jose Fonte, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Puncheon. Not a bad side...

Back to back promotions and they've not been relegated since, impressive.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 12:59 - Mar 24 with 2026 viewsBluish

I always remember listening to the radio commentary of Town playing at Wigan one season and the way that Ellington and Roberts were carving us up in that match. Too bad we didn't get that version of Ellington when he signed for us.
Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 13:07 - Mar 24 with 1985 viewsjasondozzell

I remember that game. Seem to remember there was a beautiful red sky which at least distracted from our hammering. They were excellent. We just couldn’t deal with the movement. Didn’t they play a little like we do now?
Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 13:23 - Mar 24 with 1910 viewsITFC_Forever

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 13:07 - Mar 24 by jasondozzell

I remember that game. Seem to remember there was a beautiful red sky which at least distracted from our hammering. They were excellent. We just couldn’t deal with the movement. Didn’t they play a little like we do now?

Wasn't that the evening of the floodlight failure as well?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 13:31 - Mar 24 with 1866 viewsclive_baker

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 13:07 - Mar 24 by jasondozzell

I don't remember the red sky but I do remember sinking quite a few Desperados in Isaac's pre match as I was on a half day and had met up with a friend who supports West Ham. His one and only visit to PR, I was doing loads of work with Marcus Evans at the time so we sat in the executive box, I was trying to act sober.

Yes I think not dissimilar, and actually a Rickie Lambert type is EXACTLY what we're crying out for to bind this side, which Pigott should really be he's just a naff version. They did play with the 2 just off him from memory.

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 13:55 - Mar 24 with 1756 viewsFarmerpiles

Adele Taarabt, QPR. Ridiculously talented and incredibly selfish.
Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 14:11 - Mar 24 with 1703 viewsSwansea_Blue

We faced a pretty good bunch when Leicester beat us 3-0 away on their way to romping the title on over 100 points in 2013/14.

They had Schmeichel, Schlupp, Drinkwater, Vardy, Mahrez, Wood and Kevin Phillips on the pitch that day. Mahrez the pick of the bunch over time, but all the others PL regulars and mostly top internationals. most of them were winning the PL a couple of years later.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 14:27 - Mar 24 with 1644 viewsjasondozzell

Best player to have played against us in the league since the Prem? on 13:23 - Mar 24 by ITFC_Forever

Wasn't that the evening of the floodlight failure as well?

That certainly rings a bell. It was def either an late or early season game. Very pleasant evening apart from the scoreline…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024