Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mariner 17:47 - Mar 24 with 1933 viewsblueoxford

I was talking recently with an ex Arsenal player about Paul Mariner. He was just breaking into the first team squad around the time that Mariner joined. Being from an Irish background and relatively junior at the time, he was the subject of bullying from one of the first team squad. Mariner became aware of the bullying and told the player (who had been at the club for a number of years) in no uncertain terms that it should stop. The bullying stopped immediately. He said that Mariner didn’t need to get involved, but that was just the sort of person he was.
Mariner on 18:08 - Mar 24 with 1838 viewsmylittletown

I've never heard anyone say a serious bad word about him.
Mariner on 18:20 - Mar 24 with 1789 viewsChurchman

He doesn’t look it in pictures or clips, but Mariner was as tough as old boots as anyone who saw him play live will confirm. Nobody took liberties with him on the field or clearly off it either.

Top bloke, top player. He has featured in my Avatar pic for years and there he will stay.
Mariner on 18:31 - Mar 24 with 1755 viewsMeadowlark

Mariner on 18:20 - Mar 24 by Churchman

He doesn’t look it in pictures or clips, but Mariner was as tough as old boots as anyone who saw him play live will confirm. Nobody took liberties with him on the field or clearly off it either.

Top bloke, top player. He has featured in my Avatar pic for years and there he will stay.

I remember him playing against Lowestoft Town in a "friendly" at Crown Meadow! 😂
Mariner on 18:41 - Mar 24 with 1718 viewsWhos_blue

Mariner on 18:08 - Mar 24 by mylittletown

I've never heard anyone say a serious bad word about him.

Other than our once legendary manager, Roy Keane.......

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Mariner on 22:21 - Mar 24 with 1374 viewsChurchman

Mariner on 18:41 - Mar 24 by Whos_blue

Other than our once legendary manager, Roy Keane.......

Looked it up. I gather Keane was unimpressed that Paul Mariner didn’t haves drink with him after the Plymouth game in 2010. Mariner publicly apologised and I’m sure there were no hard feelings.
Mariner on 23:17 - Mar 24 with 1221 viewsWhos_blue

Mariner on 22:21 - Mar 24 by Churchman

Looked it up. I gather Keane was unimpressed that Paul Mariner didn’t haves drink with him after the Plymouth game in 2010. Mariner publicly apologised and I’m sure there were no hard feelings.

PM dealt with the whole affair in a calm and mature manner.

Mariner Apologises to Keane 28th Mar 2010 19:44
Town legend Paul Mariner has apologised for failing to join Blues boss Roy Keane for a drink after his Plymouth side’s 2-0 victory at Portman Road last Tuesday. On Thursday, Keane hit out at Mariner for missing the traditional post-match meet-up. 30

Keane on the other hand had a mega flounce.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/roy-keane-hits-out-ipswich-3360981
[Post edited 24 Mar 2022 23:18]

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Mariner on 06:51 - Mar 25 with 1029 viewsChurchman

Mariner on 23:17 - Mar 24 by Whos_blue

Town legend Paul Mariner has apologised for failing to join Blues boss Roy Keane for a drink after his Plymouth side’s 2-0 victory at Portman Road last Tuesday. On Thursday, Keane hit out at Mariner for missing the traditional post-match meet-up. 30

Well, if he ignored PMs apology, that just shows what a tool Keane was and is. Useless manager too.
Mariner on 07:32 - Mar 25 with 985 viewsElephantintheRoom

I think the fact he was very active in his village gardening club is rather not illuminating too

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Mariner on 10:25 - Mar 25 with 759 viewsDyland

Mariner on 23:17 - Mar 24 by Whos_blue

Some of the News comments haven't aged very well, not that they were a great look at the time!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024