Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contracted departures 09:50 - Mar 25 with 3087 viewsclive_baker

What are we thinking in the summer? Obviously question marks over some of the out of contract players, namely Jackson, Norwood, Aluko & Carroll. Aluko & Jackson to be given another year? I can't imagine there's any way back for Holy or Kenlock, and rightly so.

Can anyone see any departures outside of this group? I wouldn't be surprised if Hladky went in search of 1st team football, and perhaps Harper too as it doesn't appear to be working out for him. Pigott is another. They'll all depend on there being interest of course but I think someone would take a punt on Pigott off that back of his Wimbledon exploits. Wages might be a challenge though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Contracted departures on 09:55 - Mar 25 with 2114 viewsHarryB

i agree with hldaky. i can't see him wanting to sit on the bench for a whole season
Contracted departures on 10:01 - Mar 25 with 2088 viewsWallingford_Boy

Nors and Carroll are obviously off.

Agree Jacko will get another deal, possibly Aluko.

I assume Harper is on more than a 1 year deal, so can't see him going anywhere, same with Edwards, although both may got out on loan.

Dobra to leave?! Can't get in the matchday squad at a struggling Lge 2 side, so his time might be up.

RIP Sir Bobby

Contracted departures on 10:15 - Mar 25 with 2053 viewsitfcjoe

GK
Holy to definitely go.
Hladky possibly, but we'd have to suk up some of his wages and we paid a decent fee - and then just replace him. At least 5 cup games so I'd keep him

RB/RWB
As is

LB/LWB
Lose Kenlock and Clements, add another one

CB
As is - add Ndaba to the mix

CM
Carroll - let go
Bakinson - sign
Add another one
Try and move Harper on most likely

AM/W
Chaplin stay
Aluko - retain if we can but wouldn't surprise me if he tries something else maybe abroad
Celina - retain if we can

ST
Bonne - if he can grab a few goals and available at nominal fee buy
Norwood - gone
Jackson - new deal
Pigott - try and move on
Simpson - integrate

We've also got a further 27 players who are out of ontract this season as either 2st/2nd year pros or 2nd year scholars

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Contracted departures on 10:17 - Mar 25 with 2016 viewsParsley

I wouldn't be surprised if Penney wanted to move on, limited opportunities and clearly not favoured by Cook or McKenna. So we might be looking for 2 LBs in the summer
Contracted departures on 10:18 - Mar 25 with 2015 viewsFrimleyBlue

Contracted departures on 10:15 - Mar 25 by itfcjoe

GK
Holy to definitely go.
Hladky possibly, but we'd have to suk up some of his wages and we paid a decent fee - and then just replace him. At least 5 cup games so I'd keep him

RB/RWB
As is

LB/LWB

CB

CM
Carroll - let go
Bakinson - sign
Add another one

AM/W
Chaplin stay
Aluko - retain if we can but wouldn't surprise me if he tries something else maybe abroad

ST
Norwood - gone
Jackson - new deal
Pigott - try and move on
Simpson - integrate

We've also got a further 27 players who are out of ontract this season as either 2st/2nd year pros or 2nd year scholars

Joe. The talk recently obviously has been about us maybe getting rid of the academy...

If this is true... do you know if we would still have the younger age groups. I saw online that we are advertising for various levels below the u18s.. so thought if we are still actively seeking staff at those levels then that could be a sign that we aren't binning the academy set up....

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Contracted departures on 10:21 - Mar 25 with 1957 viewsitfcjoe

Contracted departures on 10:18 - Mar 25 by FrimleyBlue

Joe. The talk recently obviously has been about us maybe getting rid of the academy...

If this is true... do you know if we would still have the younger age groups. I saw online that we are advertising for various levels below the u18s.. so thought if we are still actively seeking staff at those levels then that could be a sign that we aren't binning the academy set up....

Where has this talk come from? I can't imagine it to be the case

Contracted departures on 10:21 - Mar 25 with 1958 viewsSWGF

Can't see Jackson agreeing to a 1yr deal at 28yrs old....although his injury might make things difficult for him, in that regard.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Contracted departures on 10:21 - Mar 25 with 1961 viewsclive_baker

Contracted departures on 10:15 - Mar 25 by itfcjoe

GK
Holy to definitely go.

RB/RWB
As is

LB/LWB

CB

CM
Carroll - let go
Bakinson - sign
Add another one

AM/W
Chaplin stay

ST
Norwood - gone
Jackson - new deal
Pigott - try and move on
Simpson - integrate

Hladky I think might have suitors, he was so well thought of at Salford and while we might need to pay some of his wages, I would think he'll be keen on the move himself and might even take a slight haircut to get out playing, especailly if he could get a 3 year deal.

LWB: Lose Kenny, Clemmy and also wouldn't lose any sleep if Penney went, he's as weak as a kitten. Add a senior head there and have KVY as cover if so.

Agree with the rest. Norwood to Oxford I heard.

Login to get fewer ads

Contracted departures on 10:24 - Mar 25 with 1936 viewsParsley

Contracted departures on 10:21 - Mar 25 by itfcjoe

I think it's just speculation. Dyer had some justified criticisms about player pathways but doesn't mean you have to scrap the whole thing!
Contracted departures on 10:26 - Mar 25 with 1913 viewsFrimleyBlue

Contracted departures on 10:21 - Mar 25 by itfcjoe

Just social media exchanges between Dave Gooderman and others. Talking town etc discussing it and other town fans. Obviously led by the change in the u23s and the reignition of people discussion the lack of cat 1 and if we will follow the Brentford model.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Contracted departures on 10:32 - Mar 25 with 1885 viewsclive_baker

Contracted departures on 10:26 - Mar 25 by FrimleyBlue

Just social media exchanges between Dave Gooderman and others. Talking town etc discussing it and other town fans. Obviously led by the change in the u23s and the reignition of people discussion the lack of cat 1 and if we will follow the Brentford model.

I wouldn't have thought there was any basis to that whatsoever, it's at odds with a lot of the work that's gone on and going on since Gamechanger joined. We're a completely different proposition to Brentford, geographically and by way of catchment and pulling power, and ability to scoop up the nearly men from top, top academies on their relative doorstep. It's not really comparable at all.

Contracted departures on 10:37 - Mar 25 with 1835 viewsWallingford_Boy

Contracted departures on 10:21 - Mar 25 by clive_baker

Hladky I think might have suitors, he was so well thought of at Salford and while we might need to pay some of his wages, I would think he'll be keen on the move himself and might even take a slight haircut to get out playing, especailly if he could get a 3 year deal.

LWB: Lose Kenny, Clemmy and also wouldn't lose any sleep if Penney went, he's as weak as a kitten. Add a senior head there and have KVY as cover if so.

Agree with the rest. Norwood to Oxford I heard.

Nors to Oxford, where did you hear that?!

RIP Sir Bobby

Contracted departures on 10:43 - Mar 25 with 1820 viewsclive_baker

Contracted departures on 10:37 - Mar 25 by Wallingford_Boy

Nors to Oxford, where did you hear that?!

Ex Town player told me it was a likely destination for him. Guess it depends on which league Oxford are in though, would imagine they'll need a little more if they're Championship bound.

Contracted departures on 10:50 - Mar 25 with 1796 viewsitfcjoe

Contracted departures on 10:43 - Mar 25 by clive_baker

Ex Town player told me it was a likely destination for him. Guess it depends on which league Oxford are in though, would imagine they'll need a little more if they're Championship bound.

They were keen on him in January

Contracted departures on 11:04 - Mar 25 with 1713 viewsKieran_Knows

If it were me;
Holy - release
Pigott - try and move on
Norwood - release
Jackson - release
Carroll - release
Burgess - try and move on

Now I know people will go 'OmG Y Wud U GeT RYd Of JAksUN 4?!?!?!?!', just feel with McKenna's connections now, he could bring us in a better quality striker than him (or 2).

I think Bakinson will sign permanently, I'd take Bonne if the fee was relatively low and I'd be going all out to get Celina back on loan, or permanently next season. I'd also take Thompson on a permanent deal as well. Give Aluko another year also.

That leaving us with looking at another centre back, centre mid and possibly 2 strikers.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2022 11:05]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Contracted departures on 11:08 - Mar 25 with 1666 viewsclive_baker

Contracted departures on 10:50 - Mar 25 by itfcjoe

They were keen on him in January

Fair enough. Think Norwood is quite good friends with Matty Taylor too who plays for Oxford, they were at FGR together. Person who told me was with Norwood relatively recently so perhaps something in it. As I say, you would think it'll depend on league status, I wouldn't be rushing out to sign Norwood if you're Championship bound.

Contracted departures on 11:11 - Mar 25 with 1642 viewsclive_baker

Contracted departures on 11:04 - Mar 25 by Kieran_Knows

If it were me;
Holy - release
Pigott - try and move on
Norwood - release
Jackson - release
Carroll - release
Burgess - try and move on

Now I know people will go 'OmG Y Wud U GeT RYd Of JAksUN 4?!?!?!?!', just feel with McKenna's connections now, he could bring us in a better quality striker than him (or 2).

I think Bakinson will sign permanently, I'd take Bonne if the fee was relatively low and I'd be going all out to get Celina back on loan, or permanently next season. I'd also take Thompson on a permanent deal as well. Give Aluko another year also.

That leaving us with looking at another centre back, centre mid and possibly 2 strikers.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2022 11:05]

Wouldn't disagree with Jackson tbh, yes he's looked more effective under KM but I'm not entirely convinced he's the answer. One Swallow doesn't make a summer and all that.

Would keep Burgess though, I think he's very decent cover at this level

Contracted departures on 11:13 - Mar 25 with 1622 viewsArnieM

Contracted departures on 10:43 - Mar 25 by clive_baker

Oh so he’ll be playing against us next season then, because Oxford won’t be going up this season , and nor unfortunately, will we.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Contracted departures on 11:16 - Mar 25 with 1606 viewsclive_baker

Contracted departures on 11:13 - Mar 25 by ArnieM

Oh so he’ll be playing against us next season then, because Oxford won’t be going up this season , and nor unfortunately, will we.

You don't think they'll make the p/offs or you think they'll make them but not win them? I think Sheffield Wednesday will get in there and win them, that's my prediction.

Contracted departures on 11:17 - Mar 25 with 1601 viewsjasondozzell

Why are people not keen on keeping Carroll. Obviously not a like for like for Morsy, but a very good player at this level. I’d keep him.
Contracted departures on 11:21 - Mar 25 with 1585 viewsArnieM

Contracted departures on 11:16 - Mar 25 by clive_baker

You don't think they'll make the p/offs or you think they'll make them but not win them? I think Sheffield Wednesday will get in there and win them, that's my prediction.

I can see Wigan nicking top spot and then Rotherham and MKD going up from the remaining automatic slot or as the code PO winners the rest will fight it out for a play off place, but will fail to go via the PO’s .

Contracted departures on 11:27 - Mar 25 with 1547 viewsclive_baker

Contracted departures on 11:21 - Mar 25 by ArnieM

I can see Wigan nicking top spot and then Rotherham and MKD going up from the remaining automatic slot or as the code PO winners the rest will fight it out for a play off place, but will fail to go via the PO’s .

Fair prediction. I think the top 2 will stay as they are but agree it'll be Wigan that win it. MK Dons would fancy themselves in the p/offs, they're a good side. Plymouth might just run out of steam, but I've been saying that for weeks and they haven't yet. Sunderland or Sheff Wed you would think would 'turn up' on a big occasion, with big numbers supporting.

Going to be interesting either way, I do love the playoffs. Huge prize on offer, especially Championship playoffs.

Contracted departures on 11:34 - Mar 25 with 1523 viewsArnieM

Contracted departures on 11:27 - Mar 25 by clive_baker

Fair prediction. I think the top 2 will stay as they are but agree it'll be Wigan that win it. MK Dons would fancy themselves in the p/offs, they're a good side. Plymouth might just run out of steam, but I've been saying that for weeks and they haven't yet. Sunderland or Sheff Wed you would think would 'turn up' on a big occasion, with big numbers supporting.

Going to be interesting either way, I do love the playoffs. Huge prize on offer, especially Championship playoffs.

What would you prefer for us next season. Automatic promotion, or via the PO’s?

Don’t think my old ticker could take another Wembley appearance lol !

Contracted departures on 11:34 - Mar 25 with 1520 viewsGarv

Jackson - find pacey replacement and release
Norwood - keep. No one else like him in squad and has a good record. Voice in the changing room.
Aluko - keep. Good for experience and quality is clear to see.
Carroll - keep unless one of the U23s is seen to be good enough to step up.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Contracted departures on 11:35 - Mar 25 with 1514 viewsitfcsuth

We only need a small amount of business to be done in comparison to last year.

Aluko, Jackson & Carroll will get deals I believe.

Holy, Kenlock, Norwood will go.

Celina, Thompson, Bakinson, Bonne will go back to their respective clubs - I think we will see them all try to be recruited again in the summer exc. Bonne.

Pigott, Harper & Edwards I think would be front runners for contracted departures.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024