Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s done is done from earlier in the season 18:06 - Mar 26 with 3204 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

but if we get 6 points from the next 2, which I think we will, how far back do people anticipate we will be from 6th? I think we will narrowly miss out but there clearly is still hope yet. Some of these teams will stumble at some point and a few play each other yet.
What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 18:11 - Mar 26 with 3126 viewstextbackup

Think it’s going to come down to the lat game, with 4/5 teams going for 2 spots

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 18:15 - Mar 26 with 3069 viewsSomethingBlue

If that happens then we will be very close indeed, and how we deal with Wigan & Rotherham will decide everything.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 18:19 - Mar 26 with 3029 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 18:15 - Mar 26 by SomethingBlue

If that happens then we will be very close indeed, and how we deal with Wigan & Rotherham will decide everything.

It’ll happen!
What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 18:22 - Mar 26 with 2993 viewsLankHenners

The way the other teams are going I can't see us closing the gap by any more than 2 points from where we are. Have to hope a couple slip and the results of the teams playing each other fall in our favour but as SB says the Easter weekend is huge - got to think it's 4 wins from 4 against the rest but need to pull the biggest results of the season out the bag for those two.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 18:23 - Mar 26 with 2981 viewsvilanovablue

If it and it's a massive if we'll be going into the play offs in some incredible form!
What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 18:27 - Mar 26 with 2938 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 18:22 - Mar 26 by LankHenners

The way the other teams are going I can't see us closing the gap by any more than 2 points from where we are. Have to hope a couple slip and the results of the teams playing each other fall in our favour but as SB says the Easter weekend is huge - got to think it's 4 wins from 4 against the rest but need to pull the biggest results of the season out the bag for those two.

I have convinced myself there will be a weird week where all the results in the pack go our way. They can’t keep it up surely!
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 18:29]
What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 18:28 - Mar 26 with 2912 viewsLankHenners

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 18:27 - Mar 26 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I have convinced myself there will be a weird week where all the results in the pack go our way. They can’t keep it up surely!

I think we've all been saying this for weeks! Hopefully there'll be a beautiful collapse and we'll saunter right through.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 18:51 - Mar 26 with 2794 viewsIllinoisblue

I think we’re done. Just too much to make up. Frustrating to think what might have been, Cook’s disastrous time aside, just the four points dropped home to Cheltenham and away to Oxford would have us right in the mix. As it is we’re a 100-1 outsider and hoping other horses fall.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 18:53 - Mar 26 with 2769 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 18:51 - Mar 26 by Illinoisblue

I think we’re done. Just too much to make up. Frustrating to think what might have been, Cook’s disastrous time aside, just the four points dropped home to Cheltenham and away to Oxford would have us right in the mix. As it is we’re a 100-1 outsider and hoping other horses fall.

Teams play each other over the next few weeks and we have Cambridge and Shrewsbury. Surely you think we can get 6 points there? I can’t say done yet.
What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 18:58 - Mar 26 with 2741 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 18:53 - Mar 26 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Teams play each other over the next few weeks and we have Cambridge and Shrewsbury. Surely you think we can get 6 points there? I can’t say done yet.

Oxford’s 4 of the last 7

Plymouth
Sunderland
MK Dons
Rotherham
What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 19:13 - Mar 26 with 2646 viewsBigCommon

Seen some mad things happen in football over the years... We need 5 wins from 6 remaining games, imo.. To put us on 79pts... It's looking like its going to be one of the highest points totals ever needed, to make the L1 play offs, this year. On current form of teams in the mix..
All we can do, is take care of our own games, and cross our fingers... I'm not holding my breath. Tbf.. But like any idiot football fan, I haven't got it in me, to write us off, until it's impossible...
What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 19:14 - Mar 26 with 2637 viewsIllinoisblue

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 18:53 - Mar 26 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Been traveling since 4am, too tired to be optimistic!

62 - 78 - 81

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 19:16 - Mar 26 with 2626 viewsjayessess

Hard to know exactly. You'd expect every 2 wins to put you 2/3 points closer to 6th in a normal season, but that's not how it's transpired this season.

By 5pm on April 9th:

Wycombe 66 will have played Doncaster (H), Cambridge (A), Gills (A). Not impossible we overtake them.
Sunderland 67 get Gills (H) then Oxford (A), possible we overtake them, although only at the cost of Oxford getting away from us.
Sheffield Weds 69 will have played Wimbledon (H) Bolton (A). I think best case scenario they're on 72 with a game in hand.

Oxford 69 will have Plymouth (A) Sunderland (H), so we might well take nul point and we catch them, but again, at the cost of Sunderland taking points.

Best case scenario imo:
Ipswich 70 - 42 played
Wycombe 70 (win their home game, stuff up the two aways) - 42
Sunderland 71 (beat Gills, draw with Ox) - 41
Wednesday 72 (beat Dons, lose at Bolton) -41
Oxford 70 (lose to Plymouth, draw with Sunderland) - 41
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 19:59]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 19:22 - Mar 26 with 2584 viewsFrimleyBlue

Either way it should help us sell the club even more to players for next season.

Anyone from the champ clubs coming down we could possibly take a look at. Worked a treat when Leicester got relegated all those years ago.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 20:54 - Mar 26 with 2311 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 19:14 - Mar 26 by Illinoisblue

Been traveling since 4am, too tired to be optimistic!

My glass is half full and I fancy a top up. Either way it’s nice to care again. We’ve finally for our man.
What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 20:55 - Mar 26 with 2294 viewsDavoIPB

With the way results are going and the other teams having a game in hand. We will be further away.
What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 23:52 - Mar 26 with 2079 viewsIllinoisblue

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 20:54 - Mar 26 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

My glass is half full and I fancy a top up. Either way it’s nice to care again. We’ve finally for our man.

All the signs are positive right now (Dyer’s tantrum aside). 23k at home to Plymouth in Division 3 is crazy really.

62 - 78 - 81

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 09:06 - Mar 27 with 1823 viewsIpswichKnight

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 18:15 - Mar 26 by SomethingBlue

Confident that we can win all our games bar Rotherham away, a draw though a good result won’t be enough.
What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 11:27 - Mar 27 with 1700 viewsSawtrich

Strange things always happen towards the end of the season. Rotherham are having a wobble, Shrewsbury have won three on the trot. Not every result will go to form. We've just got to keep winning.
What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 11:50 - Mar 27 with 1662 viewstractorboy1978

There's too much traffic ahead of us I think - 5 teams gunning for two spots and we are fighting for it from the worst position. One or two teams capitulating is possible but three is extremely unlikely, especially considering they all have a game in hand!
[Post edited 27 Mar 2022 11:53]
What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 13:17 - Mar 27 with 1541 viewsParisBlue

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 09:06 - Mar 27 by IpswichKnight

Confident that we can win all our games bar Rotherham away, a draw though a good result won’t be enough.

That would take us to 80 points but still not looking to be enough.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 13:33 - Mar 27 with 1506 viewsWestcountryblue

I can see us picking up 6 points from our next 2.

That should take us into the Rotherham game 2-3 points off the play offs. We'll need 4 points from the Rotherham and Wigan games as a minimum. Then 9 from the remaining 3 games.

You'd like to think that Evans, Edmundson and Edwards will all be back into contention by the 16th, which could further strengthen our run in.

Not much margin for error, but we are dominating strong teams at the moment and key players are in good form.

No team will want us in the play offs.
What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 14:46 - Mar 27 with 1433 viewshadleighboyblue

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 18:27 - Mar 26 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I know they've been on a briliant run , but wasn't massively impressed with Plymouth yesterday .

All we can do is keep playing the way we are and hope others slip up . If we did make the play offs , we would be the team in form for sure .
What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 14:50 - Mar 27 with 1419 viewsDeano69

5 wins and a draw. Even then it would be tight, sadly.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 16:43 - Mar 27 with 1331 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

What’s done is done from earlier in the season on 14:46 - Mar 27 by hadleighboyblue

I know they've been on a briliant run , but wasn't massively impressed with Plymouth yesterday .

All we can do is keep playing the way we are and hope others slip up . If we did make the play offs , we would be the team in form for sure .

They offered nothing. We never let them get into any kind of groove though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024