Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heard in the SBRL today… 19:21 - Mar 26 with 2234 viewswrightsrightglove

“I haven’t even heard of one of the England players before…some lad with a foreign name”

Couldn’t make it up
Heard in the SBRL today… on 19:44 - Mar 26 with 1996 viewsMattinLondon

To some, claiming to be ignorant of the present England team, is a badge of honour. Always seems odd to me, as the same people always bemoan the modern international team and bang on about them in the 1970s and 80s when England awful.
Heard in the SBRL today… on 19:49 - Mar 26 with 1932 viewsKeno

In fairness most of them have names which are foreign in origin

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Heard in the SBRL today… on 19:57 - Mar 26 with 1886 viewsMattinLondon

Heard in the SBRL today… on 19:49 - Mar 26 by Keno

In fairness most of them have names which are foreign in origin

The Shaw surname means thicket, small wood, or clearing in the trees from the Middle English s(c)hage, s(c)hawe (Old English sceaga). It is also an English or Scottish topographic surname for someone who lived near a copse or thicket.
Heard in the SBRL today… on 20:09 - Mar 26 with 1813 viewsRadioOrwell

I don't know 3 of them and have literally never heard of Guéhi
Heard in the SBRL today… on 20:37 - Mar 26 with 1676 viewsKeno

Heard in the SBRL today… on 19:57 - Mar 26 by MattinLondon

The Shaw surname means thicket, small wood, or clearing in the trees from the Middle English s(c)hage, s(c)hawe (Old English sceaga). It is also an English or Scottish topographic surname for someone who lived near a copse or thicket.

sceaga - is an old Norse word for small wood absorbed into what become know as Middle English

Middle English - is a 'bastard' language of bits of norse, celt and patois (Norman-Franch)

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Heard in the SBRL today… on 20:49 - Mar 26 with 1619 viewsSwansea_Blue

Heard in the SBRL today… on 20:09 - Mar 26 by RadioOrwell

Guehi’s ex-Chelski. Came down to Swansea on loan for a couple of seasons and was a class above. The classiest CB I’ve seen live for many years. He could go all the way to the top. There’s no reason people will have heard of him though, as he’s one of the many Chelsea loanees who fly under the radar. I’m not sure how he’s getting on at Palace this year, but I’d be very surprised if he’s not a regular.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Heard in the SBRL today… on 20:52 - Mar 26 with 1591 viewsMattinLondon

Heard in the SBRL today… on 20:37 - Mar 26 by Keno

sceaga - is an old Norse word for small wood absorbed into what become know as Middle English

Middle English - is a 'bastard' language of bits of norse, celt and patois (Norman-Franch)

Oh, thanks for that. That was interesting.
Heard in the SBRL today… on 22:51 - Mar 26 with 1377 viewsEwan_Oozami

Heard in the SBRL today… on 20:49 - Mar 26 by Swansea_Blue

Guehi’s ex-Chelski. Came down to Swansea on loan for a couple of seasons and was a class above. The classiest CB I’ve seen live for many years. He could go all the way to the top. There’s no reason people will have heard of him though, as he’s one of the many Chelsea loanees who fly under the radar. I’m not sure how he’s getting on at Palace this year, but I’d be very surprised if he’s not a regular.

Doing very well at Palace - who might well struggle next season without him or Gallagher (also on loan from Chelsea and who started for England this evening)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

Heard in the SBRL today… on 00:01 - Mar 27 with 1238 viewsvilanovablue

Heard in the SBRL today… on 20:49 - Mar 26 by Swansea_Blue

He's having a great season, my cousins are Palace fans so I keep a vague eye on them. He's very classy. Vieira is having a great first season.
Heard in the SBRL today… on 03:19 - Mar 27 with 1123 viewsbournemouthblue

Heard in the SBRL today… on 19:44 - Mar 26 by MattinLondon

To some, claiming to be ignorant of the present England team, is a badge of honour. Always seems odd to me, as the same people always bemoan the modern international team and bang on about them in the 1970s and 80s when England awful.

Yeh the old, there are too many foreigners in our league argument so we aren't developing the players which for me is an easy defence of our coaching and youth structures not actually being good enough

It's an easy excuse, when we had no foreign players in our leagues, we didn't qualify at all at times

was Sir Bobby the first to recruit foreign players, not that he actually bought many players at all in his reign

He developed much of the core of our club through a strong youth setup

The like of Marriner, Muhren and Thijsen were the extra bit of quality we needed to build something special?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Heard in the SBRL today… on 07:59 - Mar 27 with 943 viewsfarkenhell

Heard in the SBRL today… on 19:57 - Mar 26 by MattinLondon

Are you suggesting that Luke Shaw is a bit thicket?
Heard in the SBRL today… on 08:58 - Mar 27 with 858 viewsitfcjoe

Heard in the SBRL today… on 22:51 - Mar 26 by Ewan_Oozami

Doing very well at Palace - who might well struggle next season without him or Gallagher (also on loan from Chelsea and who started for England this evening)

Palace signed him for best part of £20m in the summer so he’s not a loan - think you are only allowed 1 loanee from each club as it is

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Heard in the SBRL today… on 09:10 - Mar 27 with 830 viewswellsy700

He was part of the England side that won the under 17 World Cup, even scored in the final. It’s been interesting to watch how some of those lads have progressed since then, Foden being the most notable

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

Heard in the SBRL today… on 09:40 - Mar 27 with 751 viewsBluespeed225

I’m surprised we’ve not had any Brit born East Europeans making a mark here yet. I work with lads who’ve been here since 03/4 have had kids here who are now teenagers themselves, same story all over the country I imagine, untapped pool of talent there? I’d like to see a Polish/Lithuanian name on the back of an Town/ England shirt! Plus the Lithuanian accent is great when they drop a Suffolk twang into it!
Heard in the SBRL today… on 09:59 - Mar 27 with 701 viewswrightsrightglove

I’d never heard of him either, it’s just the ‘foreign name’ bit that made me chuckle, I’m assuming he was expecting a team of Smiths and Bakers!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024