Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edmundson 16:56 - Mar 27 with 3340 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Does he get his place back? That’s debatable now for me.
Edmundson on 16:58 - Mar 27 with 2922 viewsPattiswickBlue

You see Oxford’s equaliser? Where Burgess was fast asleep?

Yes, Edmundson gets straight back in for me, Burgess has done well but nowhere near the level of Edmundson.
Edmundson on 17:01 - Mar 27 with 2880 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Edmundson on 16:58 - Mar 27 by PattiswickBlue

Yes, Edmundson gets straight back in for me, Burgess has done well but nowhere near the level of Edmundson.

Yes, I think we all saw that and that’s literally the only criticism (albeit it big one) you can have if him over recent games. Burgess looks better on the ball from what I’ve seen but I wasn’t watching that much of it under Cook tbf.
Edmundson on 17:01 - Mar 27 with 2880 viewsSheffordBlue

Burgess left foot offers something different. He sprayed a couple of cross field passes yesterday to Burns that have the potential to create something really quickly.

I don't think there will be any rush to get Edmundson back in i.e they won't take any chances on rushing his rehad.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Edmundson on 17:05 - Mar 27 with 2854 viewsPattiswickBlue

Edmundson on 17:01 - Mar 27 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Yes, I think we all saw that and that’s literally the only criticism (albeit it big one) you can have if him over recent games. Burgess looks better on the ball from what I’ve seen but I wasn’t watching that much of it under Cook tbf.

Burgess is a half-decent League One centre-back. Edmundson is a top League One centre-back with the potential to play Premier League football IMO.
Edmundson on 17:08 - Mar 27 with 2816 viewsSimonds92

This is a ridiculous post. Yes Fridge plays whenever he is fit.
Edmundson on 17:09 - Mar 27 with 2805 viewsSitfcB

No debate to be had.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2022 17:09]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Edmundson on 17:10 - Mar 27 with 2794 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Edmundson on 17:08 - Mar 27 by Simonds92

Just commenting on what’s I’ve seen under KM, outside the goal last week he’s been excellent and has a decent left foot, some good distribution.
Edmundson on 17:12 - Mar 27 with 2777 viewsDubtractor

Edmundson on 17:01 - Mar 27 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Burgess is better on the ball than he was earlier in the season, but he's nowhere near as comfortable as Edmundson. It was noticeable in the second half that Plymouth were almost forcing us to get him in possession and go long as he was the least comfortable in possession of our back 3.

Don't get me wrong, he has done a cracking job defensively and we've not missed Edmundson as much as I feared, but you'd not pick him ahead of Edmundson when fit.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Edmundson on 17:15 - Mar 27 with 2760 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Edmundson on 17:12 - Mar 27 by Dubtractor

Burgess is better on the ball than he was earlier in the season, but he's nowhere near as comfortable as Edmundson. It was noticeable in the second half that Plymouth were almost forcing us to get him in possession and go long as he was the least comfortable in possession of our back 3.

Don't get me wrong, he has done a cracking job defensively and we've not missed Edmundson as much as I feared, but you'd not pick him ahead of Edmundson when fit.

I saw Edmundson have a few dodgy moments on the ball in one game in particular and maybe that’s clouded my view. I’ll be honest I wasn’t watching that much until Cook went, so I’m sure you lot have seen a greater body of work.
Edmundson on 17:19 - Mar 27 with 2740 viewsIllinoisblue

Edmundson on 17:08 - Mar 27 by Simonds92

I don’t think it’s that ridiculous. They’re both good players at this level. Fridge slightly better but it’s marginal. Burgess hasn’t looked out of place at all.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Edmundson on 17:29 - Mar 27 with 2681 viewsallezlesbleus

Edmundson on 17:15 - Mar 27 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I saw Edmundson have a few dodgy moments on the ball in one game in particular and maybe that’s clouded my view. I’ll be honest I wasn’t watching that much until Cook went, so I’m sure you lot have seen a greater body of work.

I think Burgess has done very well coming in from the cold, as it were.

Edmundson had some dodgy moments at the start of the season, but so did almost all of our team.

The biggest positives for me since the arrival of Kieran and co. are as follows:

1) Way fewer costly individual mistakes
2) Almost every player looks confident with the ball now
3) The whole teams work ethic is fantastic
4) The defensive record is incredible, especially compared to the previous few months (or years)
5) There appears to be a far better team spirit, throughout the whole squad, with players generally performing well when coming into the team or off the bench
6) Some of our passing and through balls have been of a far higher standard than we have become accustomed too.
7) Players who were on the way out of the club have turned things on their head and are some of the first names on the team sheet.

I really hope Kieran and co. are in it for the long run with us, as together I believe we can really go places again.
Edmundson on 17:44 - Mar 27 with 2615 viewsDJR

Edmundson on 17:05 - Mar 27 by PattiswickBlue

Burgess is a half-decent League One centre-back. Edmundson is a top League One centre-back with the potential to play Premier League football IMO.

I think Edmundson is excellent at this level, and probably good enough for the Championship, but I don't think he is a good enough footballer for the Premier League. Interestingly, with Baggott now on the bench, I wouldn't be surprised if he might feature a lot next season because my understanding is that he is the type of footballing defender that McKenna may favour.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2022 17:47]
Edmundson on 17:47 - Mar 27 with 2601 viewsitfcsuth

I think so, it shouldn’t be under appreciated how good Burgess has been since he came in, didn't play a single minute under KM - as it tends to be when you have solid back line, you aren’t rotating.

But for him to be called upon and to slot in seamlessly is very impressive.

Invaluable squad member.
Edmundson on 17:47 - Mar 27 with 2593 viewsDubtractor

Edmundson on 17:15 - Mar 27 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Yeah, Edmundson has had some dodgy moments, but he's def my pick of the two overall.

Can see why you asked the original question, even if I disagree with you!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Edmundson on 17:49 - Mar 27 with 2584 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Edmundson on 17:29 - Mar 27 by allezlesbleus

Edmundson had some dodgy moments at the start of the season, but so did almost all of our team.

The biggest positives for me since the arrival of Kieran and co. are as follows:

4) The defensive record is incredible, especially compared to the previous few months (or years)
5) There appears to be a far better team spirit, throughout the whole squad, with players generally performing well when coming into the team or off the bench
6) Some of our passing and through balls have been of a far higher standard than we have become accustomed too.
7) Players who were on the way out of the club have turned things on their head and are some of the first names on the team sheet.

I really hope Kieran and co. are in it for the long run with us, as together I believe we can really go places again.

I love the way that every player seems to be brimming with confidence and saying that they are learning how to improve all the time. That says to me that they are gonna want to stay, whether we go up or not, as they all sense that something big is happening. On the pitch, tat confidence translates into audacious skills - the incredible takes we are seeing from Celina, Burns and Norwood for example, players are sending long balls that are inch perfect and the forward players are just bringing it down and in a single movement flicking it into space to surge forward. Those are Premier League skills that we are now seeing on a weekly basis in League 1. Oh how we have changed since Mick!

Poll: would you rather

Edmundson on 18:11 - Mar 27 with 2511 viewsMullet

Suspect there aren't many likely to join you with that appraisal. Burgess looking more like the player we hoped he'd be, but he's been very poor and stepped up. Edmundson has been so good that his mistakes are in sharper contrast.

I suspect of the two only Edmundson has the potential to play a lot higher than right now for several years.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Edmundson on 18:28 - Mar 27 with 2416 viewsGarv

Edmundson on 16:58 - Mar 27 by PattiswickBlue

The player gambled early and got lucky that the ball landed flush on his forehead. Can't blame Burgess too much for that.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Edmundson on 19:01 - Mar 27 with 2316 viewsNthQldITFC

Edmundson on 17:29 - Mar 27 by allezlesbleus

I agree with all of your points, but point 2) particularly is what has impressed me. I think some credit must go to Cook and Ashton for the types of player they brought in, but the way McKenna and his coaches have somehow, as you say, got almost every player confident on the ball now is quite incredible in my opinion. I guess it's specific coaching, but I think a lot of it also comes from the group mentality, which has obviously become very calm and strong in a ridiculously short period of time.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Edmundson on 19:40 - Mar 27 with 2238 viewsjas0999

Edmundson is arguably the best CB in league one.
Edmundson on 19:56 - Mar 27 with 2188 viewsFrimleyBlue

Edmundson on 19:40 - Mar 27 by jas0999

Edmundson is arguably the best CB in league one.

I'd have said similar a few months back.

I think wolfy is better.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Edmundson on 21:09 - Mar 27 with 1981 viewsitfcjoe

Edmundson done for the season in reality so guess won't get an answer as next season no doubt will be a new ball game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Edmundson on 21:11 - Mar 27 with 1956 viewsFrimleyBlue

Edmundson on 21:09 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

Edmundson done for the season in reality so guess won't get an answer as next season no doubt will be a new ball game

Phil Jones;)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Edmundson on 22:57 - Mar 27 with 1785 viewsBlueBadger

It's 'debatable' in the same way you think that the benefits of vaccines and infection control measures are 'debatable'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Edmundson on 23:13 - Mar 27 with 1762 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Edmundson on 22:57 - Mar 27 by BlueBadger

It's 'debatable' in the same way you think that the benefits of vaccines and infection control measures are 'debatable'.

No idea what point you’re trying to make on vaccines but you do like to invent stuff. Feel free to check the December ONS data on the latter, I was just talking about football subjectively but come in the thread and do you.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2022 23:14]
Edmundson on 23:24 - Mar 27 with 1720 viewsBlueBadger

Edmundson on 23:13 - Mar 27 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

No idea what point you’re trying to make on vaccines but you do like to invent stuff. Feel free to check the December ONS data on the latter, I was just talking about football subjectively but come in the thread and do you.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2022 23:14]

I'm saying that, like your stance on infection control measures and vaccines, you're confused, and lacking in evidence in your original point.

But hey, you do you, Trumpo.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024