Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? 13:50 - Mar 28 with 1547 viewsMaySixth

Ins?
Outs?
Areas of need?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 13:54 - Mar 28 with 1529 viewswkj

Based on contracts alone - Strikers. Even without contracts mostly being up in that area I think we need better. Also, if we can find a clone of Wes Burns on the left, we should coast home.

Also a MC who can battle with Evans for a spot, it is obvious we will lose Morsy to the odd suspension here and there, and it is more obvious that we do so much worse without him.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 13:55]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 13:56 - Mar 28 with 1504 viewsKieran_Knows

In;
Left wing back
Centre mid
Bakinson
Celina
Striker x2

Out;
Holy
Harper - loan
Pigott - sold
Norwood
El Mizouni - loan
Jackson
Carroll

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 14:02 - Mar 28 with 1467 viewsmylittletown

Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 13:56 - Mar 28 by Kieran_Knows

In;
Left wing back
Centre mid
Bakinson
Celina
Striker x2

Out;
Holy
Harper - loan
Pigott - sold
Norwood
El Mizouni - loan
Jackson
Carroll

It certainly doesn't sound as if Jackson will be leaving.

And what is the point of loaning out El Mizouni? He looks easily good enough to be the 1st reserve central midfielder.
Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 14:04 - Mar 28 with 1441 viewsSwansea_Blue

Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 13:56 - Mar 28 by Kieran_Knows

In;
Left wing back
Centre mid
Bakinson
Celina
Striker x2

Out;
Holy
Harper - loan
Pigott - sold
Norwood
El Mizouni - loan
Jackson
Carroll

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I was half way through writing a reply and then realised it's the same as this, except I'm open to Carroll staying, as he's started to show glimpses of what he's capable of now he's coming back. I'd throw backup CB into the mix too as we're light considering we play with 3 (unless there's a yoof on the fringes).

I'm torn on Jackson - there's signs he's really useful to our way of playing now. I suspect we'll look to keep him.

Then if anyone else became available who would strengthen the squad, and a deal could be done, that would be a bonus.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 14:06 - Mar 28 with 1440 viewswkj

In;
Left wing back
Centre mid
Bakinson
Celina
Striker x2

Out;
Holy
Harper - loan
Pigott - sold
Norwood
El Mizouni - loan
Jackson
Carroll

I have a feeling we're going to offer Jackson a new contract. Im not against that TBF, though I can't be sure he'll be what we need as a starting striker.

If I was to pick a player who I have liked in the league for striker I would have to say Ryan Hardie (Plymouth) 6ft 1, 25 years old, 5 assists and 16 goals from 35 appearances but used to playing in a dual striker formation (3-5-2).

Alfie May has scored an incredible amount of goals for a team so low in the table. 20 goals and 4 assists from 40 games, aged 28 and 5ft 8.

Cole Stockton obviously stands out, but I think he might not be playing in L1 next season.

I have been impressed by Cameron Brannagan in the middle

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 14:14 - Mar 28 with 1386 viewsclive_baker

Out:

Jackson: Out of contract
Norwood: Out of contract
Holy: Out of contract
Kenlock: Out of contract
Carroll: Out of contract
Bonne: End of loan
Bakinson: End of loan
Celina: End of loan
Thompson: End of loan
Pigott: Sell
Hladky: Sell
Harper: Sell
Dobra: Loan

In:

Bakinson: Sign perm
Celina: Sign perm or new loan
Thompson: Sign perm or new loan
Aluko: 1 year extension
Keeper: Cheaper, senior 2nd choice / cup keeper
Striker: x 2

Bring Simpson, Humphries, Ndaba into the fold.

23-man squad for 2022 / 23:

Walton, new keeper

Burns, KVY
Thompson, Penney
Woof, Burgess, JD, Edmundson, Ndaba

Morsy, Evans, Bakinson, Aluko, Edwards, Humphries, Celina, Chaplin, El Mizouni

Simpson, New Striker x 2
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 14:16]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 14:25 - Mar 28 with 1296 viewsjayessess

Some of it depends on some currently unknowable stuff like whether Ndaba, Baggott, Humphreys, Chirewa, Simpson look like first team options during pre-season, whether Pigott or Harper can shake their current funk over the Summer.

As it stands, I'd be happy to retain all 4 loanees, but think Thompson is unlikely and McKenna doesn't see Bonne as someone who fits his tactics. Celina and Bakinson I think will happen. I'd also extend Jackson and Aluko.

If Thompson goes we'll obviously need a replacement, but someone more like Thompson than Burns. We can't have both full backs playing so high imo.

If Pigott's funk continues, Bonne isn't right for McKenna-ball and we don't judge Simpson good enough to step up, I make that 2 or 3 forwards we'll need. I can't see Norwood getting an extension.

Centre backs we're covered, don't need any new ones. Might even consider moving one on if we're happy with Ndaba and Baggott's progress. Donacien and Woolfy the two irreplaceable ones for me.

Centre midfielders, we're overstocked here too. Morsy, Evans, Bakinson (assuming we go ahead with that) as first choices. Carroll you assume moves on, if only to make the 4th spot available for whoever out of El Mizouni, Harper or Humphreys makes the biggest impression in the Summer. I wonder if it might make more sense to find a way for El Miz to play 35+ games next season, rather than have him as our 4th choice? If Harper doesn't kick on, then that might mean taking on a 4th senior midfielder if we don't want to over-promote a younger player.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 16:29]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 14:46 - Mar 28 with 1244 viewsMaySixth

Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 14:25 - Mar 28 by jayessess

Some of it depends on some currently unknowable stuff like whether Ndaba, Baggott, Humphreys, Chirewa, Simpson look like first team options during pre-season, whether Pigott or Harper can shake their current funk over the Summer.

As it stands, I'd be happy to retain all 4 loanees, but think Thompson is unlikely and McKenna doesn't see Bonne as someone who fits his tactics. Celina and Bakinson I think will happen. I'd also extend Jackson and Aluko.

If Thompson goes we'll obviously need a replacement, but someone more like Thompson than Burns. We can't have both full backs playing so high imo.

If Pigott's funk continues, Bonne isn't right for McKenna-ball and we don't judge Simpson good enough to step up, I make that 2 or 3 forwards we'll need. I can't see Norwood getting an extension.

Centre backs we're covered, don't need any new ones. Might even consider moving one on if we're happy with Ndaba and Baggott's progress. Donacien and Woolfy the two irreplaceable ones for me.

Centre midfielders, we're overstocked here too. Morsy, Evans, Bakinson (assuming we go ahead with that) as first choices. Carroll you assume moves on, if only to make the 4th spot available for whoever out of El Mizouni, Harper or Humphreys makes the biggest impression in the Summer. I wonder if it might make more sense to find a way for El Miz to play 35+ games next season, rather than have him as our 4th choice? If Harper doesn't kick on, then that might mean taking on a 4th senior midfielder if we don't want to over-promote a younger player.

Great read

Login to get fewer ads

Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 14:53 - Mar 28 with 1204 viewsDinDjarin

Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 14:02 - Mar 28 by mylittletown

It certainly doesn't sound as if Jackson will be leaving.

And what is the point of loaning out El Mizouni? He looks easily good enough to be the 1st reserve central midfielder.

Humphries may well crack on make himself part of the 1st team squad as Baggot has done already.

If big bids come in for Wolf or Fridge can see one or the other being sold to fund other areas. We have Burgess, Baggot and Ndaba as backups.
Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 10:37 - Apr 3 with 806 viewsMaySixth

Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 10:46 - Apr 3 with 773 viewsFrimleyBlue

Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 10:37 - Apr 3 by MaySixth

Walton

Donacien
Edmunsdon
Burgess

Burns
Morsy
New cm
New lwb

New 10
New other 10

New striker

Subs
Chaplin. Hladky. Jackson. New cb. Edwards. Evans. New striker

How I think it'll be first game.
I expect Wolfenden to be sold.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 10:56]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 11:48 - Apr 3 with 668 viewspointofblue

Out of those who have played for us in the league, base squad of - Hladky, Walton; Donacien, Burgess, Edmundson, Thompson, Woolfenden; Bakinson, Burns, Chaplin, Edwards, El Mizouni, Evans, Humphrys, Morsy; Jackson

Departures, whether sale, loan/return or released - Holy; Kenlock, Penney, Vincent-Young; Aluko, Carroll, Celina, Dobra, Harper; Bonne, Norwood, Pigott

A youngster can fulfil the third goalkeeper role. We need a left wing back for Penney (if we can’t keep Thompson them retain Penney as back up) - I wonder if Edwards could do that role? I fear he may be too lightweight defensively. Definitely require a right wing back to help Burns out in the place of KVY. The number ten and striker positions are key.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 11:49 - Apr 3 with 666 viewsNthQldITFC

To plagiarise clive_baker's format (cheque in post)

Out:

Norwood: Take option, sell or loan out
Holy: Out of contract
Kenlock: Out of contract
Carroll: Out of contract
Bonne: End of loan
Pigott: Sell
Hladky: Sell
Dobra: Summer and pre-season intense work here, then well-targeted half season loan and decision
Harper: Summer and pre-season intense work here, then well-targeted half season loan and decision
Penney: Release if Thompson signs

Re-sign or In:

Bakinson: Sign perm
Celina: Sign perm (priority) or new loan
Thompson: Sign perm or new loan
Aluko: 2 year+ extension
Keeper: Cheaper, senior 2nd choice / cup keeper (confident if raw)
Striker: Re-sign Jackson, plus 2 quality strikers (probably one 'old' one 'young')

2*-man squad for 2022 / 23:

Walton, New Keeper

Woolf, JD, Edmundson, Burgess, Ndaba, (Baggott)

Burns, KVY
Edwards, Thompson or Penney

Morsy, Evans, Bakinson, El Mizouni, (Humphreys)
Aluko, Celina or near equivalent, Chaplin, [Edwards secondary position] (youth option number 10?)

Jackson, New Striker x 2, (Simpson?)

Not sure precisely what the rules are for numbers, but that's 21 or 25 with the bracketed ones, plus probably some U21s breaking in on the margins.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 15:12 - Apr 3 with 524 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Based on staying in League One, what should be our summer window activity? on 14:25 - Mar 28 by jayessess

To my mind Thompson doesn’t fit our formation. He’s a full back rather than a wing back imho. I think Edwards can do that job.

You’re right about CMs. Personally I’m still not sold on Evans so I see him as a squad player. I think we’ll sign Bakinson, but he’s a squad player in my book. I’d like us to sign another quality CM, but that really leaves no pathway for the likes of Harper or El Miz

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024