Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? 14:05 - Mar 28 with 2106 viewsMaySixth

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 14:11 - Mar 28 with 2032 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't mind either way. He seems to be growing into it, so yeah why not? It's been a bit of a problem position for years, even if we'd like someone with a bit more attacking flair/end product in that position.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 14:13 - Mar 28 with 2029 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Didn't realise he's only 21, seems so much older!
Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 14:18 - Mar 28 with 1999 viewsTractorCam

Mute question, he's on the path to the Brentford first team in the Prem.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 14:19 - Mar 28 with 1992 viewsBiGDonnie

The answer is a resounding yes, but I fear he'll be out of our league.

Few no's on the poll, rather worrying if you can't see his ability, especially at this level.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 14:20 - Mar 28 with 1987 viewsBiGDonnie

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 14:18 - Mar 28 by TractorCam

Mute question, he's on the path to the Brentford first team in the Prem.

Rico Henry not long signed anew 4 year dal with them.

COYBs

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 14:24 - Mar 28 with 1962 viewsThatMuhrenCross

If there's a good deal to be done, I'd say yes, why not. After all, he's become a key member of a very solid defensive unit. However, I wouldn't prioritise signing him - that honour must go to Celina.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 14:30 - Mar 28 with 1923 viewsStewart27

People on the poll who voted no.

Like, what the heck?
Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 14:30 - Mar 28 with 1926 viewsBigCommon

Wouldn't be disappointed if we got him on a season long loan... He may not be everything you'd want in a WB, attacking wise (yet).. But, he is improving, imo.. Got a feeling that if Brentford loan him out again next season, they and he, might want that to be Championship, to aid development.. Although, imo, a full season in a promotion chasing L1 team,under KMc, who's got bags of experience bringing on youngsters, and he'd get plenty of games here so would still be a decent move in terms of his development...Imo.
Login to get fewer ads

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 14:41 - Mar 28 with 1890 viewsDinDjarin

As good as he is defensively I think we can do better.

Unless KM can coach into him better forward play then he is limited in the system we play.
Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 14:47 - Mar 28 with 1863 viewsBiGDonnie

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 14:41 - Mar 28 by DinDjarin

As good as he is defensively I think we can do better.

Unless KM can coach into him better forward play then he is limited in the system we play.

Real Madrid lining up a £50m move for Tierney from Arsenal, maybe we could hijack that?

COYBs

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 14:54 - Mar 28 with 1836 viewsGarv

Not the attacking get to the byline type of full back I really want to see, but definitely. Makes up for anything lacking in that sense with what he does elsewhere.

Good throw ins too.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 15:23 - Mar 28 with 1766 viewsSwansea_Blue

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 14:30 - Mar 28 by Stewart27

People on the poll who voted no.

Like, what the heck?

Well he hasn't got into double figures has he? The uselsss....

It was clear on day one he's got talent and has been well coached in the style we want to play (looks after the ball well). I don't think there's any question over his ability. Isn't this just a question of whether he fits?

It probably is moot, as I expect the next target would be a Championship loan for him. But maybe we could get him back on loan next year if he and Brentford think his time with us is doing him good?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 16:46 - Mar 28 with 1625 viewsMaySixth

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 14:54 - Mar 28 by Garv

Not the attacking get to the byline type of full back I really want to see, but definitely. Makes up for anything lacking in that sense with what he does elsewhere.

Good throw ins too.

bump

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 20:57 - Mar 28 with 1467 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 14:20 - Mar 28 by BiGDonnie

Rico Henry not long signed anew 4 year dal with them.

Thompson also recently signed a new contract. There’s no chance of us getting him on a permanent deal imho.

Poll: Our final position

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 21:32 - Mar 28 with 1398 viewsBugs

He's part of a defence that doesn't concede too many goals at all. So I wouldn't be unhappy if he became a permanent signing.

He doesn't offer what Burns does going forward as a wing back, but that doesn't mean he can't improve that aspect of his game.

And of course we don't really know if KM is going to stick with 3 at the back going forward, as it was a formation he inherited. KM may want a more defensively competent left and right back and go back to 2 centre backs.
Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 21:54 - Mar 28 with 1370 viewsDubtractor

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 20:57 - Mar 28 by southnorfolkblue

Thompson also recently signed a new contract. There’s no chance of us getting him on a permanent deal imho.

This, I fear, is correct.

Would love to see him signed permanently, clearly has all the attributes needed, getting better each game, and part of a defence that doesn't concede. What's not to like?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 22:10 - Mar 28 with 1324 viewsEdmundo

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 15:23 - Mar 28 by Swansea_Blue

Well he hasn't got into double figures has he? The uselsss....

It was clear on day one he's got talent and has been well coached in the style we want to play (looks after the ball well). I don't think there's any question over his ability. Isn't this just a question of whether he fits?

It probably is moot, as I expect the next target would be a Championship loan for him. But maybe we could get him back on loan next year if he and Brentford think his time with us is doing him good?

If we are going to get automatic promotion we need as potent a wing back on the left as on the right. A permanent signing if at all possible.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 22:25 - Mar 28 with 1302 viewsRozz

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 22:10 - Mar 28 by Edmundo

If we are going to get automatic promotion we need as potent a wing back on the left as on the right. A permanent signing if at all possible.

Is there a better RWB in the league than Burns? Very unlikely one team is going to lure the two best players in both positions at any one time, IMO.

I think everyone accepts Thompson hasn't looked entirely comfortable going forwards, but he is improving, and we need to remember he doesn't have a LCB like Donacien relentlessly under / overlapping for 90 minutes. I think he's got a very high ceiling, and a year or two in League 1 & Championship could easily see him develop into some player.

I could see a return, if he liked it and we promised to keep developing his attacking game. However as I think we could only hope for a loan, I'd rather see a permanent signing.
Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 22:37 - Mar 28 with 1284 viewstopguy

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 20:57 - Mar 28 by southnorfolkblue

Dont get why people say he signed a new deal all the info i can see says his contract expires in 2023, and prior to coming here they triggered an already agreed 1 year extension to his 3 year deal he signed in 2019, so he is unless he signs a new deal he out of contract with no extension next season.
Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 23:54 - Mar 28 with 1217 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 22:37 - Mar 28 by topguy

Dont get why people say he signed a new deal all the info i can see says his contract expires in 2023, and prior to coming here they triggered an already agreed 1 year extension to his 3 year deal he signed in 2019, so he is unless he signs a new deal he out of contract with no extension next season.

I may be wrong but I’m fairly sure that Brentford announced that he had signed a new contract at the same time as they announced his loan to us

Poll: Our final position

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 09:25 - Mar 29 with 1053 viewstopguy

Should we sign Dominic Thompson permanently in the summer? on 23:54 - Mar 28 by southnorfolkblue

I may be wrong but I’m fairly sure that Brentford announced that he had signed a new contract at the same time as they announced his loan to us

Well if he did sign a new one and the club not trigger his extension, then a google search says none of the media even the brentford website says nothing about it but ITFC fans know, i think ill beleive they triggered the extension cause im sure if he signed a deal brentford might mention it even in passing on the website but zip. now im not saying hes coming but he is well and truly down the pecking order and if his contract is running out a deal could be done, may of been the reason for the triggering of the year to see if we got interested they would get a fee like brentford do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024