Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Might be a little awkward 11:44 - Mar 29 with 1147 viewsGuthrum

If, having furiously sanctioned Abramovich, he turns out to not only be assisting with peace negotiations, but also ends up as the new President of the Russian Federation after Putin is toppled.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Might be a little awkward on 11:45 - Mar 29 with 1128 viewsJ2BLUE

I thought that was slightly strange when Ukraine requested his presence and then we went after him quite so strongly.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Might be a little awkward on 11:50 - Mar 29 with 1079 viewsfooters

But still probably much less awkward than it currently is with Vlad in his baby booster hotseat.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Might be a little awkward on 11:58 - Mar 29 with 1041 viewsChurchman

Putin won’t be toppled. His control and support has never looked stronger.

Quite how Abramovich fits in, I’ve no idea but if he wants to keep his face, his eyesight and his life, I’m sure he’ll behave as Putin wants.

As from the latest from the Russian media, it’s the usual mix of tosh and deflection. The interesting one is the demand for payment of energy in Roubles. The EU have refused, but assuming it’s not a bluff, it’ll be interesting to see if the EU bend the knee. It’s a good lever for Russia because as I see it the EU has only one other choice and that’s to pressure Ukraine to surrender ASAP to get things back to normal.
Might be a little awkward on 12:14 - Mar 29 with 981 viewsSteve_M

Quite right that he was sanctioned given the source of his wealth but it was also inevitable as the UK government went for a lot of low-hanging fruit early on before slowly, and less ostentatiously, adding to the pile of sanctions.

Still need to see proper enforcement of financial crime if they are to mean anything.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Might be a little awkward on 12:34 - Mar 29 with 854 viewsMookamoo

Abramovich is only there to look after Abramovich
Might be a little awkward on 12:43 - Mar 29 with 827 viewsGuthrum

Might be a little awkward on 11:58 - Mar 29 by Churchman

Putin won’t be toppled. His control and support has never looked stronger.

Quite how Abramovich fits in, I’ve no idea but if he wants to keep his face, his eyesight and his life, I’m sure he’ll behave as Putin wants.

As from the latest from the Russian media, it’s the usual mix of tosh and deflection. The interesting one is the demand for payment of energy in Roubles. The EU have refused, but assuming it’s not a bluff, it’ll be interesting to see if the EU bend the knee. It’s a good lever for Russia because as I see it the EU has only one other choice and that’s to pressure Ukraine to surrender ASAP to get things back to normal.

As someone pointed out the other day, if the Russians change the method of payment, that very likely breaks the entire contract. Thus meaning prices can be renegotiated (downwards). Supplies no longer wanted not paid for and future contracts cancelled, without penalty. It's not a win-win for Moscow.

Might be a little awkward on 12:49 - Mar 29 with 797 viewsGuthrum

Might be a little awkward on 12:14 - Mar 29 by Steve_M

Quite right that he was sanctioned given the source of his wealth but it was also inevitable as the UK government went for a lot of low-hanging fruit early on before slowly, and less ostentatiously, adding to the pile of sanctions.

Still need to see proper enforcement of financial crime if they are to mean anything.

Not saying it was wrong to sanction him, even in (potential) hindsight. Or that they should be lifted now, in light of his part in negotiations (we don't really know what he's up to, anyway). Just that it may start things off on the wrong foot, should he emerge as a major player in a post-Putin Russia. Tho, equally, he may well take a pragmatic view that it was simply inevitable.

Might be a little awkward on 13:40 - Mar 29 with 687 viewsnodge_blue

You get the feeling that he isn't a total bad guy. I guess he didn't get to where he is in Russia without having some skeletons in the closet though.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Login to get fewer ads

Might be a little awkward on 14:02 - Mar 29 with 606 viewsDarth_Koont

Might be a little awkward on 12:14 - Mar 29 by Steve_M

Financial crime and the grey, ask-no-questions areas around it are the absolute lynchpin of the new Global Britain.

We’ve got most of the top Tories and their donors up to their necks in a deregulated yet insider-controlled present and future. The PPE scandal was just a natural expression of that type of opportunism.

This lot have been admiring the Russian oligarchy for a long, long time.

Pronouns: He/Him

Might be a little awkward on 14:20 - Mar 29 with 551 viewsSwansea_Blue

Might be a little awkward on 13:40 - Mar 29 by nodge_blue

You get the feeling that he isn't a total bad guy. I guess he didn't get to where he is in Russia without having some skeletons in the closet though.

He's certainly got a colorful background. https://www.thegentlemansjournal.com/article/roman-abramovich-made-first-fortune

There's no doubt that his gains are ill-got. Although yes, he 'seems' not too bad. Otr at least his front seems ok, but obviously he's prepared to do whatever it takes to make money.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024