Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I heard a whisper about the ground development but was glossed over during forum 23:52 - Mar 29 with 2473 viewsBLUEBEAT

New club shop to be moved to new development end.

Adidas paid for last refurb and deal coming to an end, so can be reworked.

Main reason however is a plan to enhance atmosphere in ground by moving away support to other end of Cobbold to be close to North Stand. Club haven’t wanted to do this in past as would be too many visiting supporters milling around club shop area.

Poll: W or W

I heard a whisper about the ground development but was glossed over during forum on 00:35 - Mar 30 with 2338 viewsIllinoisblue

Sounds great right up until the point where Suffolk Constabulary piss their pants about it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I heard a whisper about the ground development but was glossed over during forum on 00:37 - Mar 30 with 2333 viewsBLUEBEAT

I heard a whisper about the ground development but was glossed over during forum on 00:35 - Mar 30 by Illinoisblue

Sounds great right up until the point where Suffolk Constabulary piss their pants about it.

Maybe but Lincolnshire Police have no issues with a similar situation at Sincil Bank, for example.

Poll: W or W

I heard a whisper about the ground development but was glossed over during forum on 00:54 - Mar 30 with 2297 viewsIllinoisblue

I heard a whisper about the ground development but was glossed over during forum on 00:37 - Mar 30 by BLUEBEAT

Maybe but Lincolnshire Police have no issues with a similar situation at Sincil Bank, for example.

Suffolk’s finest will be scared off by dealing with the massed ranks of 137 Accrington fans.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I heard a whisper about the ground development but was glossed over during forum on 06:51 - Mar 30 with 1981 viewsITFC_Forever

Don’t believe a word of it.

There is no way in the world the club / police will move the away fans. Besides which, the club made additional catering bar facilities in the old club shop for away fans didn’t they?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

They are selling season tickets…. on 07:24 - Mar 30 with 1845 viewsBloots

…..for that block of the Cobbold Stand, so that’s not happening.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I heard a whisper about the ground development but was glossed over during forum on 07:29 - Mar 30 with 1825 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I doubt that, but Ashton did say the shop were set to make a big exciting announcement. My first thought was a new shop
I heard a whisper about the ground development but was glossed over during forum on 08:27 - Mar 30 with 1589 viewsWallingford_Boy

I heard a whisper about the ground development but was glossed over during forum on 00:35 - Mar 30 by Illinoisblue

Yes those extra 25 metres make all the difference!

RIP Sir Bobby

I heard a whisper about the ground development but was glossed over during forum on 09:52 - Mar 30 with 1322 viewsitfc_bucks

I heard a whisper about the ground development but was glossed over during forum on 00:37 - Mar 30 by BLUEBEAT

the Chimps and Sincil Bank aren't on the march to the premier league though.

Said tongue in cheek, but in all seriousness, I suspect nay substantial club changes will be viewed from the standpoint of sustainability over the long-term and with the expectation that, in that long-term, we do expect to be in and around the top tier.
Login to get fewer ads

I heard a whisper about the ground development but was glossed over during forum on 10:21 - Mar 30 with 1218 viewschicoazul

Could the OB stop it though? The club pays them to be there after all as FPR is private property.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I heard a whisper about the ground development but was glossed over during forum on 11:15 - Mar 30 with 1080 viewsElderGrizzly

I heard a whisper about the ground development but was glossed over during forum on 10:21 - Mar 30 by chicoazul

Could the OB stop it though? The club pays them to be there after all as FPR is private property.

They could make it difficult around safety certificates I believe.

As others have said, simply not going to happen.
I heard a whisper about the ground development but was glossed over during forum on 16:29 - Mar 30 with 803 viewsBrads

I heard a whisper about the ground development but was glossed over during forum on 11:15 - Mar 30 by ElderGrizzly

They could make it difficult around safety certificates I believe.

As others have said, simply not going to happen.

As others have pointed out, it’s allowed at other grounds so it’s not impossible. It’s also been done here when Leeds have come so I don’t think the point about safety certificates is necessarily correct. Both sets of fans mix en route to the train station anyway so at the moment it only delays the inevitable at one end of Portman Rd.

I don’t think the Police can stop it either but the club tend to listen to their advice. A compromise could possibly be reached though if additional security measures were put in place, as they do for certain games now.

It usually comes down to money. I’m not sure that the club paying for extra private security would work as Portman Road itself is public land isn’t it? However, I noticed that Sheff Weds did that with security and a little Police support near the away end when we played there this season so maybe that’s an option. The club could also pay for extra Policing. Most is offered as overtime for cops on rest days when more resources are required now anyway I think.

O’Leary also told me that they had a team of staff working on it or looking into it re the atmosphere towards the end of last year. So far we haven’t seen any changes which might suggest that the club are still planning to do something that we don’t know about yet?

Did the Blue Action boys end up meeting Ashton? Any hints from him?
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 16:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024