Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... 16:22 - Mar 30 with 4740 viewsKieran_Knows

... not sure if this has already been posted?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12574027/alan-judge-interview-colc

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 16:30 - Mar 30 with 4015 viewsSuperblue95

“It wasn't as if I was playing badly either, I was actually playing quite well“

Arf

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 16:31 - Mar 30 with 3984 viewswkj

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 16:30 - Mar 30 by Superblue95

Arf

I would say he was starting to play much better toward the end, but that was his least bad... it wasn't great.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 16:33 - Mar 30 with 3969 viewsTractorCam

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 16:30 - Mar 30 by Superblue95

Arf

That bit got me too. The only time you could consider him playing well consistently was in the relegation year. He was very disappointing in League One, but I do feel bad for him regarding his personal situations.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 16:38 - Mar 30 with 3911 viewspositivity

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 16:31 - Mar 30 by wkj

I would say he was starting to play much better toward the end, but that was his least bad... it wasn't great.

he wasn't treated very well, but he also didn't deserve an extra year.

the decisions should have been made and communicated much earlier

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 16:40 - Mar 30 with 3894 viewsIllinoisblue

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 16:38 - Mar 30 by positivity

he wasn't treated very well, but he also didn't deserve an extra year.

the decisions should have been made and communicated much earlier

This bit made me chuckle: (on Colchester) “I was interested in the vision that they had and everything they were trying to do," Judge adds.

What vision was that, continuing to sign Ipswich rejects and almost get relegated out of the league?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 16:43 - Mar 30 with 3851 viewsTractorCam

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 16:40 - Mar 30 by Illinoisblue

This bit made me chuckle: (on Colchester) “I was interested in the vision that they had and everything they were trying to do," Judge adds.

What vision was that, continuing to sign Ipswich rejects and almost get relegated out of the league?

Which proceeded "I live in Ipswich and am settled", the real reason any Ipswich player is there.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 16:48 - Mar 30 with 3800 viewsBonneNIL

Arf

To be fair on Judge he was one of our better performers in a very average side. In his mind he probably did do enough to stay, what disappoints me is the lack of responsibility being taken by either Cook or the owners as to who made the decision to get rid, much like with the Norwood saga this season, my money would be on Cook given his track record of getting shot of players, but equally, Cook never strikes me as a dishonest man either, so I wouldn't know what to believe here.

He seems like a decent enough man and a professional, after Hyam ended his career at the level he was playing at least we did right by him by giving him some sort of career again after the injury.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 18:09 - Mar 30 with 3534 viewsglasso

I don't really understand contract stuff but, given they'd made it clear he wouldn't be able to play due to the clause (and he obviously wanted to keep playing and keep fit), could he have said "OK I get it, I'm leaving in the summer. Can I sign a new, clause-free contract from now until the summer so I can finish the season and stay in the game ready for a move?"
Login to get fewer ads

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 18:17 - Mar 30 with 3503 viewsPhilTWTD

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 18:09 - Mar 30 by glasso

I don't really understand contract stuff but, given they'd made it clear he wouldn't be able to play due to the clause (and he obviously wanted to keep playing and keep fit), could he have said "OK I get it, I'm leaving in the summer. Can I sign a new, clause-free contract from now until the summer so I can finish the season and stay in the game ready for a move?"

I think he did but ultmately it was decided not to do it. Here's what he said at the time.

Judge: Not the Way I Wanted to End My Time at Town 19th Apr 2021 14:24
Former Blues midfielder Alan Judge says it was only on Thursday morning that he was made aware of the contract situation which led to his shock departure later that day. 25

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 18:27 - Mar 30 with 3423 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Away 0-0 draw at Rochdale is a good result.
Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 18:30 - Mar 30 with 3412 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 16:40 - Mar 30 by Illinoisblue

Trawl back to the TWTD's posts last May/June and you'll see that vision among TWTD football experts who had been saying that Colchester with all those fantastic professionals were going to have a good chance for promotion.
Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 18:58 - Mar 30 with 3261 viewsChurchman

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 16:43 - Mar 30 by TractorCam

Which proceeded "I live in Ipswich and am settled", the real reason any Ipswich player is there.

Thank goodness we are moving away from this level of desperate.
Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 19:49 - Mar 30 with 3037 viewsVeggie

Judge at least looked as though he was trying hard, which can’t be said of a lot of that squad. But his best was well and truly behind him and we never saw the best of him here. Thanks Paul Cook - you really did us a favour getting shot. Imagine if they were all still here.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 19:50]
Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 19:52 - Mar 30 with 3009 viewsfooters

Brentford-era Judge was a bit of beast, so not sure anyone could blame us for signing him at the time, but Jesus... Thank god we're no longer a retirement home.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 19:55]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 20:04 - Mar 30 with 2935 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 19:49 - Mar 30 by Veggie

Judge at least looked as though he was trying hard, which can’t be said of a lot of that squad. But his best was well and truly behind him and we never saw the best of him here. Thanks Paul Cook - you really did us a favour getting shot. Imagine if they were all still here.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 19:50]

If they were all still here then they still would have been hailed as the fantastic professionals by some. Well, the certain ones.

We would have been in the relegation dogfight with Gillingham, Doncaster, Morecambe and that would have been all managers' fault as you couldn't knock the players' attitude could you?
Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 20:14 - Mar 30 with 2868 viewsSuperblue95

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 20:04 - Mar 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

If they were all still here then they still would have been hailed as the fantastic professionals by some. Well, the certain ones.

We would have been in the relegation dogfight with Gillingham, Doncaster, Morecambe and that would have been all managers' fault as you couldn't knock the players' attitude could you?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 20:17 - Mar 30 with 2841 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 20:14 - Mar 30 by Superblue95

Furthermore it would have been Nsiala's fault too.
Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 20:20 - Mar 30 with 2820 viewsfooters

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 20:17 - Mar 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 00:17 - Mar 31 with 2360 viewsGarv

One of my favourite players of the last few pretty terrible years. He's right, he'd run all day.

It's always a bit sad when fans show themselves up as frauds when the 'all we want to see is 100% being given' rhetoric is shown up to be nonsense when a player like Judge gets so much stick.

His time was up here like 90% of the squad from a year ago, his legs were gone for - I'm surprised he feels he's got another three or four years - but he was often the only player trying to do something positive, passing forward and ultimately not hiding. He did also have a good impact when he first came and genuinely was a big part of us starting to play a better brand of football, albeit it never transformed into results.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 01:09 - Mar 31 with 2306 viewsmarchy

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 20:17 - Mar 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

Nsiala, as in the guy who's in the relegation dogfight with Gillingham, Doncaster, Morecambe? Good call as ever Mach.
Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 06:49 - Mar 31 with 2156 viewsVeggie

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 00:17 - Mar 31 by Garv

One of my favourite players of the last few pretty terrible years. He's right, he'd run all day.

It's always a bit sad when fans show themselves up as frauds when the 'all we want to see is 100% being given' rhetoric is shown up to be nonsense when a player like Judge gets so much stick.

His time was up here like 90% of the squad from a year ago, his legs were gone for - I'm surprised he feels he's got another three or four years - but he was often the only player trying to do something positive, passing forward and ultimately not hiding. He did also have a good impact when he first came and genuinely was a big part of us starting to play a better brand of football, albeit it never transformed into results.

Yes but if a player is running around like a headless chicken with no end product then it becomes even more apparent how bad they are. It also probably has something to do with lack of coaching, system or game plan on Lambert’s part.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2022 6:50]
Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 07:05 - Mar 31 with 2126 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 00:17 - Mar 31 by Garv

Christ. He’s no Paul Taylor, that’s for sure

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 07:42 - Mar 31 with 2067 viewsSharkey

Whoever wrote that last line might have mis-read this particular room.

He's the one Colchester player who would probably get into any League 2 team, and opposition managers often single him out in their pre-match comments. Sometimes in the second half of games he visibly seems to step up a gear, and has then looked a bit downcast that the likes of Dobra can't switch into that same gear.

It's been commented on here that Town don't score from corners or other set-pieces and that is probably one area McKenna would love to have a Judge to call upon. I can think of at least two goals where the Colchester players have run to Judge, rather than the goal-scorer, to congratulate him, so good was his delivery of a corner . (On the other hand, in general he never really seems to be 'one of the lads'.)

As a Colchester supporter, the most interesting thing is his comment that there are "many things on and off the pitch [...] that need to be dealt with". I hope he means that there will be a big shake-up of the management structure, with less clout for Tony Humes. But good to hear that (as long as the team stays up) he's not looking to go anywhere.
Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 08:26 - Mar 31 with 1961 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 07:42 - Mar 31 by Sharkey

Whoever wrote that last line might have mis-read this particular room.

He's the one Colchester player who would probably get into any League 2 team, and opposition managers often single him out in their pre-match comments. Sometimes in the second half of games he visibly seems to step up a gear, and has then looked a bit downcast that the likes of Dobra can't switch into that same gear.

It's been commented on here that Town don't score from corners or other set-pieces and that is probably one area McKenna would love to have a Judge to call upon. I can think of at least two goals where the Colchester players have run to Judge, rather than the goal-scorer, to congratulate him, so good was his delivery of a corner . (On the other hand, in general he never really seems to be 'one of the lads'.)

As a Colchester supporter, the most interesting thing is his comment that there are "many things on and off the pitch [...] that need to be dealt with". I hope he means that there will be a big shake-up of the management structure, with less clout for Tony Humes. But good to hear that (as long as the team stays up) he's not looking to go anywhere.

His delivery is so good he has a whole 4 assists in League Two, the same number as Aaron Drinan

But yes he does run around a lot. Go Judgey
[Post edited 31 Mar 2022 8:26]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 09:06 - Mar 31 with 1865 viewsSouperJim

Alan Judge on his exit from Town last summer ... on 16:48 - Mar 30 by BonneNIL

To be fair on Judge he was one of our better performers in a very average side. In his mind he probably did do enough to stay, what disappoints me is the lack of responsibility being taken by either Cook or the owners as to who made the decision to get rid, much like with the Norwood saga this season, my money would be on Cook given his track record of getting shot of players, but equally, Cook never strikes me as a dishonest man either, so I wouldn't know what to believe here.

He seems like a decent enough man and a professional, after Hyam ended his career at the level he was playing at least we did right by him by giving him some sort of career again after the injury.

I think you have to look at what happened with Chambers, what happened with Norwood under Cook.

I think just like those, it was Paul Cook's decision and he hid behind the owners when dealing with the player.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024