Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cup draw tomorrow (1st April) 07:29 - Mar 31 with 1128 viewstractordownsouth

The seedlings have been confirmed, good to see England back in pot 1. Whatever the group is, they should be confident of getting to the top 2 but I’d say the easiest potential group would be:

England
Mexico
Tunisia
Saudi Arabia

Toughest

England
Germany
Senegal
Canada

Big thing is avoiding the Germans because they’re much stronger since they changed the manager. Looking forward to watching the draw though, I’m very much a nerd with this sort of thing.

[Post edited 31 Mar 2022 17:50]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

World Cup draw tomorrow (1st April) on 11:43 - Mar 31 with 939 viewsDennyx4

Thanks for sharing - Qatar seeded in pot 1 for being hosts - guess everyone in pot 2 wants them.
World Cup draw tomorrow (1st April) on 16:01 - Mar 31 with 795 viewstractordownsouth

I don’t think there’s ever been a weaker host nation. I can say that without fear of it biting me on the arse because England can’t play them in the groups.

World Cup draw tomorrow (1st April) on 16:04 - Mar 31 with 786 viewsCaptainAhab

World Cup draw tomorrow (1st April) on 16:01 - Mar 31 by tractordownsouth

I don’t think there’s ever been a weaker host nation. I can say that without fear of it biting me on the arse because England can’t play them in the groups.

It'll bite you on the arse if they beat us in the final...
World Cup draw tomorrow (1st April) on 17:13 - Mar 31 with 731 viewsSE1blue

I think easiest would be

England
USA or Mexico (have been watching them in qualifiers here in Canada and both are absolute garbage)
Iran
Saudi Arabia

Toughest
England
Netherlands
Senegal
Wales

Either would be manageable.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

World Cup draw tomorrow (1st April) on 17:50 - Mar 31 with 683 viewstractordownsouth

World Cup draw tomorrow (1st April) on 17:13 - Mar 31 by SE1blue

I think easiest would be

England
USA or Mexico (have been watching them in qualifiers here in Canada and both are absolute garbage)
Iran
Saudi Arabia

Toughest
England
Netherlands
Senegal
Wales

Yeah USA/Mexico could be easier than Croatia.

Thankfully your difficult group scenario won’t happen as there can only be 2 UEFA teams per group.

World Cup draw tomorrow (1st April) on 18:41 - Apr 1 with 520 viewstractordownsouth

England's group is quite kind - Scotland/Wales will fancy themselves to qualify as well. If all goes to plan, it looks like an England v France QF which would be tough.

Funnily enough the toughest group actually looks like Group A, despite Qatar. Senegal, Netherlands and Ecuador are tough opponents and if Qatar get some dodgy FIFA refs they could be competitive too.

World Cup draw tomorrow (1st April) on 20:37 - Apr 1 with 484 viewsStenvict

World Cup draw tomorrow (1st April) on 18:41 - Apr 1 by tractordownsouth

England's group is quite kind - Scotland/Wales will fancy themselves to qualify as well. If all goes to plan, it looks like an England v France QF which would be tough.

Funnily enough the toughest group actually looks like Group A, despite Qatar. Senegal, Netherlands and Ecuador are tough opponents and if Qatar get some dodgy FIFA refs they could be competitive too.

Really?

Group G or H look very competitive with all 4 in each group being decent.

Qatar and Ecuador are very average, Senegal could be decent, but were the best of a bad bunch at AFCON and Netherlands aren't great when Depay is their main player.

England have by far the easiest group, on paper and should qualify with complete ease. Their main danger is Wales/Scotland and that's purely down to the rivalry.

Poll: What will be announced first?

World Cup draw tomorrow (1st April) on 20:56 - Apr 1 with 466 viewsBent_double

World Cup draw tomorrow (1st April) on 17:13 - Mar 31 by SE1blue

I think easiest would be

England
Iran
Saudi Arabia

Toughest
England
Netherlands
Senegal
Wales

2 out of 3, not bad!

I said earlier today that England would get Wales/Scotland/Ukraine.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024