Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chaplin 14:05 - Apr 1 with 829 viewsclive_baker

Seems to slide under the radar a little bit, but how good is he? Shame his season has been so stop start really by way of appearances, just as he was finding his stride under Cook he was inexplicably benched, and been rotated under McKenna.

Still, 7 league goals in 19 starts isn't a bad return. He really is a quality little player I think. Really could be a 10-15 goal a season man IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Chaplin on 14:09 - Apr 1 with 795 viewshype313

He's a cracking player, love his turning volley passes, just think this season he hasn't managed to get much rhythm.

Think next season he could be one of our most pivotal players.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Chaplin on 14:09 - Apr 1 with 791 viewsSkip_Intro

I'd try him up top in front of Celina and Aluko tbh...
Chaplin on 14:09 - Apr 1 with 786 viewsBeckets

Best finisher in the club imo.
Chaplin on 14:10 - Apr 1 with 786 viewsKieran_Knows

He's so good. Would love to see him get a run of games with Celina in that dual number 10 role.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Chaplin on 14:18 - Apr 1 with 725 viewsGarv

He does the unexpected, like the volleyed passes to switch play which are a joy.

A lot of what he does doesn't come off which I think is why he doesn't tend to nail down a starting spot like Celina has. Celina is just that bit better than him and when you've the quality Aluko in the mix as well you can see why Chaplin doesn't get all the games he wants.

Pretty sure he'll be even better next season.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Chaplin on 14:26 - Apr 1 with 661 viewsclive_baker

Chaplin on 14:18 - Apr 1 by Garv

He does the unexpected, like the volleyed passes to switch play which are a joy.

A lot of what he does doesn't come off which I think is why he doesn't tend to nail down a starting spot like Celina has. Celina is just that bit better than him and when you've the quality Aluko in the mix as well you can see why Chaplin doesn't get all the games he wants.

Pretty sure he'll be even better next season.

I would agree with that, particularly off the bench. Seems to take him a while to get up to speed and in the interim doesn't always look after the ball so well. It was Sheff Wed where he came off the bench to good effect, equalising after Bonne robbed the keeper, but it's generally when he's started games I've been especially impressed.

As K_K says I would love to see him and Celina handed those places in behind the front man and given the chance to get firing. A run of 6 or 7 league starts. I agree I think next season he could be the one to watch. Wasn't long ago he was scoring double figures in the Championship.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Chaplin on 14:33 - Apr 1 with 613 viewsGarv

Chaplin on 14:26 - Apr 1 by clive_baker

I would agree with that, particularly off the bench. Seems to take him a while to get up to speed and in the interim doesn't always look after the ball so well. It was Sheff Wed where he came off the bench to good effect, equalising after Bonne robbed the keeper, but it's generally when he's started games I've been especially impressed.

As K_K says I would love to see him and Celina handed those places in behind the front man and given the chance to get firing. A run of 6 or 7 league starts. I agree I think next season he could be the one to watch. Wasn't long ago he was scoring double figures in the Championship.

Yep. Aluko won't go on forever and even now doesn't seem able to start 2/3 games in a week easily. Chaplin and Celina are prime age so it's possible.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Chaplin on 14:35 - Apr 1 with 596 viewsBLUEBEAT

He’s great and he looks like every other person in Newmarket.

Poll: W or W

Login to get fewer ads

Chaplin on 14:36 - Apr 1 with 590 viewsitfcsuth

Players like Chaplin/Aluko/Burgess/Bakinson make top teams, they are so valuable to any successful side, and they should never go unnoticed or under appreciated.

Players that aren’t necessarily guaranteed game time week in week out, but are often called upon - especially with hectic schedules, and deliver good performances time and time again.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 0:34]
Chaplin on 14:36 - Apr 1 with 592 viewsStrimmer

He's great. And the fact he has something no ones else does in the team - reliably deadly from 8-12 yards out - does make me think we could have benefitted with him being more regular this year. Especially given our low recent goal return

Poll: Was it a punch?

Chaplin on 14:37 - Apr 1 with 581 viewsN2_Blue

He's a cracking little player. Other than Celina the most talented player in the squad. Quite a coup he is here.

I think he will be a huge player next season....Aluko a year older, Celina potentially not here.

He's been very good --- yet we've not seen the best of him because we haven't seen enough of him. It's possibly the one thing McKenna needs to look at along with the scoring issue and securing a frontline for next season. We need to utilise him more effectively.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024